Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2022, 12:24 AM   #5001
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Gaudreau leaves I think some of you will be shocked with how much he gets...when is the last time a guy coming off 115 points and 2nd in league scoring went UFA?
Old 07-03-2022, 12:29 AM   #5002
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Calgary should offer $10. Gaudreau will counter 11.5 or some idiotic thing. Flames go 10.5 final offer. Gaudreau will have to count on somebody offering 12, which isn’t happening, and will agree.

^^ that’s how this negotiation should go.

Instead Calgary started with 9.5, which is dumb. Gaudreau should say $11 per and stick to it until free agency, because Calgary got greedy out the gate with a Ufa. Dumb by Calgary. This isn’t s RFA. It’s a UFa. The most important in Flames history. Stop ####ing around.

Need to be over $80mm in total contract value, and north of $82. Then you’ll re-sign him. Instead, Treliving is prioritizing the wrong things.
You have no idea what they have or haven't done...if they did though 9.5X8 is a SOLID offer, 76M is a pretty damn good starting place
Old 07-03-2022, 12:32 AM   #5003
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
You don't think teams are going to offer 10.85 for Gaudreau?
He could get more money but not anywhere if he wants to win. If Johnny is hell bent on getting the absolute maximum contract he can leave.

His best option to win is Calgary.
Old 07-03-2022, 12:56 AM   #5004
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
You have no idea what they have or haven't done...if they did though 9.5X8 is a SOLID offer, 76M is a pretty damn good starting place
I agree it’s a solid starting place but not an acceptable ending place and if I’m Gaudreau I’m communicating it clearly. Unfortunately the Flames don’t have much time left to find an acceptable ending place so figure it the #### out and fast.

Gaudreau is not making less than $82MM total value on his next contract and if the Flames wanna play chicken on that best of luck. That’s what I’d be saying if I was Gaudreau.

Calgary is not a playoff team without Gaudreau. Playoff revenues of one season alone is worth it.

Vegas LA Edmonton all beat out Calgary without Gaudreau, and it’s not really debatable. Pay me $82mm thanks, the end.
Mr.Coffee is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 07-03-2022, 02:02 AM   #5005
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
He could get more money but not anywhere if he wants to win. If Johnny is hell bent on getting the absolute maximum contract he can leave.

His best option to win is Calgary.
Because Calgary has shown such a legacy of winning?

Calgary had a very good season, but cannot keep their current team together. You could convince me that adding Johnny to NJ makes them a better option to win over the next 5 years.

But it’s really hard to predict where teams go past next year sometimes due to cap constraints and players who exceed or fall short of expectations.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 02:05 AM   #5006
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was a Jersey fan before moving to Calgary. Johnny is the last player that team needs. They need size up front and goaltending.

Don't forget Calgary has won the division two of the last four years.
Old 07-03-2022, 04:10 AM   #5007
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
I was a Jersey fan before moving to Calgary. Johnny is the last player that team needs. They need size up front and goaltending.

Don't forget Calgary has won the division two of the last four years.
I hear you, but Johnny makes any team better.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 07:39 AM   #5008
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
I agree it’s a solid starting place but not an acceptable ending place and if I’m Gaudreau I’m communicating it clearly. Unfortunately the Flames don’t have much time left to find an acceptable ending place so figure it the #### out and fast.

Gaudreau is not making less than $82MM total value on his next contract and if the Flames wanna play chicken on that best of luck. That’s what I’d be saying if I was Gaudreau.

Calgary is not a playoff team without Gaudreau. Playoff revenues of one season alone is worth it.

Vegas LA Edmonton all beat out Calgary without Gaudreau, and it’s not really debatable. Pay me $82mm thanks, the end.
You seem to think this is the Flames decision. It’s not. Pretty myopic to think that if the Flames offered 10.5, 11, or whatever you think gets it done would have resulted in a different outcome at this point

If Gaudreau leaves, I’ll bet it’s not because of money. The Flames have supposedly offered Gaudreau a contract that will make him the 4th(?) highest paid winger in the leauge. According to Friedman, they’ve let Gaudreau know that they can be flexible. The Flames have done everything they should have to this point.

Last edited by TOfan; 07-03-2022 at 07:41 AM.
TOfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TOfan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 07:44 AM   #5009
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
You seem to think this is the Flames decision. It’s not. Pretty myopic to think that if the Flames offered 10.5, 11, or whatever you think gets it done.

If Gaudreau leaves, I’ll bet it’s not because of money. The Flames have supposedly offered Gaudreau a contract that will make him the 4th(?) highest paid winger in the leauge. According to Friedman, they’ve let Gaudreau know that they can be flexible. The Flames have done everything they should have to this point.
People are taking Friedman saying he “wouldn’t be surprised” if the offer is in the “9.5M range” as some sort of actual report.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 07:44 AM   #5010
Imported_Aussie
First Line Centre

Exp:

Gaudreau's high end comparable as a UFA signing is Panarin. 7 years 82.5M. Panarin was a year younger on signing and the cap has been relatively flat so I doubt any team is going over this AAV of 11.642M

For the flames 82.5M is around 10.3M AAV on an 8 year deal. They came in at 9.5M. Gaudreau has to treat this deal as potentially his last payday, so now we see if he wants the big deal or risk it to go to UFA.
Imported_Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 07:50 AM   #5011
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
People are taking Friedman saying he “wouldn’t be surprised” if the offer is in the “9.5M range” as some sort of actual report.
True.

Nothing concrete has been reported nor have the Flames come out and said ‘we offered Gaudreau X’. Also why it’s funny, and not all that surprising, that some seem to want to assume the Flames have dropped the ball for not having made the right offer, whatever that is.
Old 07-03-2022, 07:59 AM   #5012
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Big week for the team coming up! Hopefully we get this put to bed by the draft.
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 08:30 AM   #5014
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Hearing the Flames have found a home for Lucic. Could happen this week. Not an official source at all but an interesting one.
My bet is Anaheim.
The Following User Says Thank You to TOfan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 08:31 AM   #5015
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hearing the Flames have found a home for Lucic. Could happen this week. Not an official source at all but an interesting one.
That would be huge if true. That’s some much needed cap relief. Please happen.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 08:32 AM   #5016
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That's certainly significant. I hope it's a good spot for him and his family as he certainly seems like a good guy and he was a damn good Calgary Flame.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 08:35 AM   #5017
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Oh that is amazing news. I hope he comes back and joins management after the year. He would be a great alumni add for the team
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 08:51 AM   #5018
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If so THANKS Milan! You were great here! and you still get a lifetime pass with Flames Fans for beating the Canucks in the cup final.
Old 07-03-2022, 09:06 AM   #5019
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Very interesting. This would be after his bonus is paid out, correct?
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 09:14 AM   #5020
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Major View Post
Very interesting. This would be after his bonus is paid out, correct?
Correct, his bonus was paid on July 1st.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:

Tags
flames , stanley cup , win