Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2020, 12:55 PM   #1841
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
those are the wrong questions. The right question is why two PL clubs decided to have a friendly before getting back the results of the latest tests. Irresponsible stuff.

It's going to go ahead as planned I'm sure. Things have gone very smoothly in Germany and Austria, plus Italy and Spain have re-started this weekend too.
Well I don't think that's the case. I mean games begin for real in 3 days, so it doesn't seem insane to me to think that friendly ahead of that might be a decent enough idea after a few months off.

Frankly, if playing games is a risk, then why is the PL doing this? Surely it's not just for the money?!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 01:00 PM   #1842
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Well I don't think that's the case. I mean games begin for real in 3 days, so it doesn't seem insane to me to think that friendly ahead of that might be a decent enough idea after a few months off.
that was not the point. Playing friendlies obviously makes sense, but the tests were conducted on Thursday and the results were due on Saturday. So why schedule the friendly on Friday, before the tests come back? That just makes no sense. That whole situation could have been avoided by waiting until Saturday.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 01:11 PM   #1843
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
that was not the point. Playing friendlies obviously makes sense, but the tests were conducted on Thursday and the results were due on Saturday. So why schedule the friendly on Friday, before the tests come back? That just makes no sense. That whole situation could have been avoided by waiting until Saturday.
But they’ve been doing other testing as well, and they’re going to continue with testing. So when is it safe to play and not wait for the results?
Old 06-14-2020, 01:22 PM   #1844
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

well, once the games restart, there'll be a gameday protocol in place:

Quote:
"We are now in the process of agreeing the matchday protocols, which will include everything from zoning the stadium into red, amber and green zones," Brady said in her column in the Sun.

"Red zone will be the most severely restricted area, including the pitch, the tunnel, technical areas, changing rooms will be limited to 105 people maximum, to include players, coaching staff, match officials and all the essential staff only. And only those who have tested negative for Covid-19 in the past five days can enter this area."
that protocol has since been unanimously agreed on by all clubs, meaning that a case like that Norwich/Tottenham screw-up is not possible. You get tested, then you get a negative result, then you can play. Simple enough.

let's be honest, the chance of the Norwich player infecting a Spurs player is very small. It won't have an effect on the re-start either, but I don't really get why they didn't wait for the latest tests before playing the friendly.
Old 06-14-2020, 02:45 PM   #1845
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
well, once the games restart, there'll be a gameday protocol in place:

that protocol has since been unanimously agreed on by all clubs, meaning that a case like that Norwich/Tottenham screw-up is not possible. You get tested, then you get a negative result, then you can play. Simple enough.

let's be honest, the chance of the Norwich player infecting a Spurs player is very small. It won't have an effect on the re-start either, but I don't really get why they didn't wait for the latest tests before playing the friendly.
Maybe the odds are small, but if a player was to be infected it’s Erik Lamela. I don’t think him being injured because someone breathed on him is beyond the realm of possibility, and that’s without Covid!
Old 06-16-2020, 08:09 AM   #1846
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll be cheering against him this weekend, but Marcus Rashford really a good person and doing some amazing things with his fame and spotlight. Here's a link to the letter he put out about feeding hungry children in the UK:

Quote:
As a black man from a low-income family in Wythenshawe, Manchester, I could have been just another statistic. Instead, due to the selfless actions of my mum, my family, my neighbours, and my coaches, the only stats I’m associated with are goals, appearances and caps. I would be doing myself, my family and my community an injustice if I didn’t stand here today with my voice and my platform and ask you for help.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...-letter-to-mps

And then he goes and fires out this gem of a tweet:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2020, 08:17 AM   #1847
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

he's actually forced the government to make a U-turn, that's amazing. He's also raised over 20m for children during the lockdown ... the kid is incredible.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2020, 08:41 AM   #1848
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I'll be cheering against him this weekend, but Marcus Rashford really a good person and doing some amazing things with his fame and spotlight. Here's a link to the letter he put out about feeding hungry children in the UK:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-letter-to-mps

And then he goes and fires out this gem of a tweet:

Sadly, the tweet is from a fake profile. (Two rr’s)
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:50 AM   #1849
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Sadly, the tweet is from a fake profile. (Two rr’s)
Oh man, well the sentiment is great anyway! It seemed suspect, but doesn't really take away from the great work he's pursuing off the field.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:55 AM   #1850
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

English refs, part 42794:

somehow the goal linie technology didn't work here and VAR did nothing. Huge blow for Sheffield.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:14 PM   #1851
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ unreal. VAR isn't correcting a clear and obvious error there, but they'll step in if a player is offside in the build-up by a shoe lace.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:25 PM   #1852
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

That is a huge miss and shows the issue with heavy reliance on technology. I do not understand how both the touch judge and the VAR missed that.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:12 PM   #1853
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Those Zoom fan cams behind the goal are almost as embarrassing as David Luiz's defending.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:19 PM   #1854
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Those Zoom fan cams behind the goal are almost as embarrassing as David Luiz's defending.
Maybe we can swap him with one of those fans, could be an improvement for both parties.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:36 PM   #1855
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

error leading to the first goal, penalty and red card for the second goal. David Luiz doing David Luiz things.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:40 PM   #1856
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
error leading to the first goal, penalty and red card for the second goal. David Luiz doing David Luiz things.
Some say that he didnt realize that the season re-started today and doesnt know whats going on.

Others say this is how David Luiz has always played and this is par for the course.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:00 PM   #1857
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just flicked on to see what it was like, do you have canned crowd noise on your feed?

It’s beyond pathetic.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:20 PM   #1858
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gotta feel for Leno, he's actually quite a good goalie, but he's having to do God's work with that defense.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:24 PM   #1859
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
I just flicked on to see what it was like, do you have canned crowd noise on your feed?

It’s beyond pathetic.
Yep

Buli games on sportsnet dont

La liga on bein does, theirs was actually pretty good

Premier leagues on dazn today was, well, whomever is in charge of hitting the extra crowd noise for a big save or missed chance was about 2 seconds behind
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2020, 12:42 PM   #1860
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Dier never got any form of punishment for that climbing into the stands and having an altercation with a fan incident?

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote