Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-17-2019, 05:56 PM   #481
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Pretty sure the Chinese state isn't collecting our data to sell us ads.
Oh, and the US is? Lol!
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:57 PM   #482
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Google is.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:58 PM   #483
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Google is.
And you don't think the US government is not accessing all that data? Ya, ok.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:01 PM   #484
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tell us Nik, what would the Chinese government do with your data? Are a bunch of Chinese going to come storm your house? Steal your cash? Pretty sure they don't need your money. Are they going to come storm your house because you bought McDonalds instead of Wok Express? Please enlighten me what the Chinese government is going to do with your data.

Last edited by dissentowner; 10-17-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:01 PM   #485
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't wait to buy the NSA Phone 2.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:01 PM   #486
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Tell us Nik, what would the Chinese government do with your data? Are a bunch of Chinamen going to come storm your house? Steal your cash? Pretty sure they don't need your money. Are they going to come storm your house because you bought McDonalds instead of Wok Express? Please enlighten me what the Chinese government is going to do with your data.
"Chinamen"

oof.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 06:05 PM   #487
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
"Chinamen"

oof.
Yeah, my bad, was not aware that was a derogatory term actually. I have always heard that term but never really linked it that way. Way to avoid answering the question though. Oh wait, you can't.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:06 PM   #488
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Not correct. There is no ban at all on any Huawei phones, now or future. Trump lifted that a while ago. I have a Mate 20 Pro, best phone I have ever had easily. Huawei makes great phones.
Quote:
Being wrong must be exhausting. The ban was lifted back at the end of June. Here, right from the horses mouth.

Financially it would cripple multiple US companies, there is no current ban nor will there be, this was political moving early on by Trump to get a favourable trade deal, it didn't work. That is checkmate my friend, let it go.
Wait, we are believing words out of Donald Trump's mouth now? Interesting.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:08 PM   #489
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Wait, we are believing words out of Donald Trump's mouth now? Interesting.
Lmao, your whole argument was based off a ban given originally by Donald Trump so thanks for conceding the debate.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:12 PM   #490
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Lmao, your whole argument was based off a ban given originally by Donald Trump so thanks for conceding the debate.
I'm not conceding anything. You haven't shown anything that says as of today there is no ban. The link you provided said the exact opposite. You also haven't shown new Haiwei phones are able to use Google services. The link you provided proved the opposite. If you can't provide anything other than a video of a Cheeto saying stuff back in June, I have no reason to believe you. Is that not obvious?
Old 10-17-2019, 06:13 PM   #491
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I'm not conceding anything, you muppet. You haven't shown anything that says as of today there is no ban. The link you provided said the exact opposite. You also haven't shown new Haiwei phones are able to use Google services. The link you provided proved the opposite. If you can't provide anything other than a video of a Cheeto saying stuff back in June, I have no reason to believe you. Is that not obvious?
And there it is, losing the debate so you have to bring the personal attack. Pathetic. I am done here, once it escalates to this level there is no discussion.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:52 PM   #492
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well I'm not wrong. And I did edit the muppet bit out almost immediately, because I knew you couldn't handle a little prodding.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:05 PM   #493
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Are you a Chinese national dissentower, or do you have some other stake in Huawei? It's just so odd that you're so ferociously defending them. Say you're right and they are completely private with zero government control (ya right), they're still paying millions in taxes to the government, so your money is still going to support a totalitarian regime running the largest concentration camps since the holocaust and trying to stamp out any attempt at democratic reform with an iron fist

If a North Korean company somehow came out with a killer phone and swore they had no ties to the government, would you buy it?
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 07:34 PM   #494
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Are you a Chinese national dissentower, or do you have some other stake in Huawei? It's just so odd that you're so ferociously defending them. Say you're right and they are completely private with zero government control (ya right), they're still paying millions in taxes to the government, so your money is still going to support a totalitarian regime running the largest concentration camps since the holocaust and trying to stamp out any attempt at democratic reform with an iron fist

If a North Korean company somehow came out with a killer phone and swore they had no ties to the government, would you buy it?
Not at all, I think the Chinese government is horrible. I just don't see Huawei as this evil company that wants to destroy the world, I like their phones and I think their tech is cutting edge. I think they will play a large part in development of better 5G technology as well and it would be nice if the tech sector for all countries worked well together for the betterment of humanity. What I don't like is Trump trying to use them as a bargaining chip for a better trade deal. If Huawei was such a threat there is no way he would have backed off on supplying them with parts. As far as the Chinese government goes I do not disagree with you one bit, terrible.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:11 PM   #495
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Not at all, I think the Chinese government is horrible. I just don't see Huawei as this evil company that wants to destroy the world, I like their phones and I think their tech is cutting edge. I think they will play a large part in development of better 5G technology as well and it would be nice if the tech sector for all countries worked well together for the betterment of humanity. What I don't like is Trump trying to use them as a bargaining chip for a better trade deal. If Huawei was such a threat there is no way he would have backed off on supplying them with parts. As far as the Chinese government goes I do not disagree with you one bit, terrible.

OK ignoring all of the government stuff, the only reason Huawei has cutting edge tech is because of rampant intellectual property theft. Have you forgotten Nortel? They were a global leader in the industry until Huawei stole all their IP and started releasing the same equipment at lower costs. They have an unfair advantage over any other company in that they don't need to abide by patents, they should be banned everywhere outside China for that alone
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 09:17 PM   #496
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The thing about stupid people is they don't realize they are stupid. That was extremely painful to read. Just dreadful.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Galakanokis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 07:17 AM   #497
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
OK ignoring all of the government stuff, the only reason Huawei has cutting edge tech is because of rampant intellectual property theft. Have you forgotten Nortel? They were a global leader in the industry until Huawei stole all their IP and started releasing the same equipment at lower costs. They have an unfair advantage over any other company in that they don't need to abide by patents, they should be banned everywhere outside China for that alone
Again, accusations with no proof. Huawei was the first to put a wide angle lens in their phones, I guess Apple and Samsung stole that and should be banned.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:23 AM   #498
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Again, accusations with no proof. Huawei was the first to put a wide angle lens in their phones, I guess Apple and Samsung stole that and should be banned.

You will never find hard evidence of Chinese hacking that leads directly to execs or the government, but it was undeniably Chinese hackers that got into Nortel

https://business.financialpost.com/t...cked-to-pieces

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/for...awei-1.1137006

Nortel still had terrible management that allowed this to occur in the first place, but the point still stands that Chinese companies do not adhere to patent law, and that gives them a massive (unfair) advantage to any other tech firm. Just ask anyone who has spent time with Chinese transfer students in university, it's ingrained in their culture to find any advantage, legal or not, and use it for personal gain. Their view is if you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 08:25 AM   #499
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Unbelievable
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:16 PM   #500
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Chinese have copied cars, Blackhawk helicopters, even the Japanese bullet trains. But yes, it’s with mobile phones where they’ve finally decided to be ethical and totally above board.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post: