Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 02:08 PM   #13321
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Eichel has never produced like a $5 million player. If you exclude his rookie year, he's a PPG player. He's also a power forward who is defensively aware. Eichel is in every way a legit #1 centre in this league. As soon as the Covid economic effects wear off $10 million/year will be the standard for a #1 centre.
I'm playing the odds based on when most players have their peak years and the fact that the type of injury he has is commonly a career changer. We wouldn't be paying for what Eichel has done, but what he will do.

Two goals in 21 game this year is potentially a huge warning sign. He went from a 44 goal pace last year to an 8 goal pace (over 82 games). That has to be a huge concern for future projections.
Old 06-11-2021, 02:09 PM   #13322
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Trade down from 12 to 18 and pick up a 3rd
Trade down from 18 to 24 and pick up another 3rd
Trade Tkachuk+24 for Eichel
Profit.
I would really hope to come away with more than a couple of 3rds for trading down from 12 to 24.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrdonkey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2021, 02:09 PM   #13323
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm holding firm at Tkachuk+Valimaki. I want our pick this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2021, 02:24 PM   #13324
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
You would not rather have Tkachuk, Vali and the 12th pick in place of Jack Eichel.

Come now.
Old 06-11-2021, 02:32 PM   #13325
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Fair enough, but I doubt Treliving/Sutter see it this way. I wouldn't surprised in the least if the first is in play, especially for Eichel.
Old 06-11-2021, 02:53 PM   #13326
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Probably already posted, but yesterday one of the Buffalo newspapers had Calgary listed second in their top five list of likely destinations for Eichel. They had Tkachuk, Zary, and our 1st OA as the return.

Pretty much in line with what most people speculate here.

Like I said, I am not sold on the idea of Eichel, but I wouldn't hate that deal I guess. It's more of a direction thing for me, than a value thing.
Old 06-11-2021, 02:59 PM   #13327
Flames_F.T.W
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Probably already posted, but yesterday one of the Buffalo newspapers had Calgary listed second in their top five list of likely destinations for Eichel. They had Tkachuk, Zary, and our 1st OA as the return.

Like I said, I am not sold on the idea of Eichel, but I wouldn't hate that deal I guess. It's more of a direction thing for me, than a value thing.
Thanks, I tried reading but got blocked by a paywall
Old 06-11-2021, 03:03 PM   #13328
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

It'd be cool if we could somehow keep Zary (like add multiple 2nd rounders alongside the 1st rounder), but yeah - I'd be okay with moving him in such a deal. It'd be really cool to see Eichel land here.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:10 PM   #13329
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_F.T.W View Post
Thanks, I tried reading but got blocked by a paywall
Try this link.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabre...f5ae72530.html

If that doesn't work, here's the gist of it:

Spoiler!
Old 06-11-2021, 03:11 PM   #13330
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niemo View Post
Tkachuk + 12th seems like too much for Eichel if he isn’t guaranteed to return back to 100% form.
Over pay for a guy like that not like a Hamonic. Hell throw Dube in on top and I still do that deal. Want another third on top? Sure whatever it takes to get this deal done.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMike For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2021, 03:15 PM   #13331
SeanCharles
First Line Centre

Exp:

It would pain me to lose Tkachuk, Zary and our 1st.

Feels like too much but maybe that is what it takes.

I don’t know how to feel about that price.

No likey..
Old 06-11-2021, 03:16 PM   #13332
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
If we can keep Tkachuk and add Eichel that would be ideal. Maybe sell high on two players that have really stood out in the media lately in Mangi and Wolf. The Sabres desperately need to secure their future in goal as well. Monahan, Mangiapane, Wolf, and the 12th pick in this draft for Eichel.
Who the #### in their right mind would spend $19M on Matthew Tkachuk and Jack Eichel??? Collectively they have 3 goals and five points playoff points between them over six NHL seasons. They're both prima donnas and I would not have either of them on my team. I am so sick of guys who talk a big game then fail in a very spectacular way to deliver. #### Jack Eichel, but #### Matthew Tkachuk in a bigger way. I'm tired of his "I'm a pressure player" schtick, then do sweet #### all during the post season. I hate posers, and both of these guys are posers.

Given the choice, I keep our poser and let Buffalo twist in the wind. Eichel is a not worth the squeeze.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:18 PM   #13333
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Calgary is listed second because the list is alphabetical.

Regardless, it is just some guys opinion.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:18 PM   #13334
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Of course we are listed 2nd with that kind of trade. What a disaster in the making that would be.
The Following User Says Thank You to 442scotty For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2021, 03:24 PM   #13335
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post
Who the #### in their right mind would spend $19M on Matthew Tkachuk and Jack Eichel??? Collectively they have 3 goals and five points playoff points between them over six NHL seasons. They're both prima donnas and I would not have either of them on my team. I am so sick of guys who talk a big game then fail in a very spectacular way to deliver. #### Jack Eichel, but #### Matthew Tkachuk in a bigger way. I'm tired of his "I'm a pressure player" schtick, then do sweet #### all during the post season. I hate posers, and both of these guys are posers.

Given the choice, I keep our poser and let Buffalo twist in the wind. Eichel is a not worth the squeeze.
come on man, quit beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel.
The Following User Says Thank You to TOfan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2021, 03:25 PM   #13336
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
Calgary is listed second because the list is alphabetical.

Regardless, it is just some guys opinion.
Oh, and here I thought it was an official Buffalo Sabres press release.

Of course it is just a writer's opinion, that is what their job is. It's still interesting to read the opinion of someone tuned in to the Sabres.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:26 PM   #13337
Psytic
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just want a crew of guys that buy in and care as much as the Coach does like the Islanders. We don't necessarily need an Eichel. We just need a team built for 200 ft hockey and speed.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:27 PM   #13338
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psytic View Post
I just want a crew of guys that buy in and care as much as the Coach does like the Islanders. We don't necessarily need an Eichel. We just need a team built for 200 ft hockey and speed.
They have a Barzal, we do not. At the end of the day, the team can buy in with the right coach - but if you don't have the skill, you still don't get the reuslts.
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2021, 03:36 PM   #13339
Barca
Scoring Winger

Exp:

If LA wants Eichel, they will get him. They have a lot of attractive assets to offer and they desperately want to make the playoffs next season. Doughty has made it public that he doesn't want to go on a rebuild, so I can see them making a big push.

Any trade involving a top 5 center is going to include blue chippers a pick and a valuable member of the current team.

the Tkachuk + Valimaki or 12th proposals are not even going to get them interested.

they are trading a premier position for a winger (both downgrades in skill and position) for a player who might bolt in a couple of years and is due for 9m next contract? Not gonna happen.

Lindholm + 12th and Dube/Zary is what I think will get it done.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:36 PM   #13340
kbvall
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post

Lanny is mad?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Closed Thread