Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-09-2021, 02:33 PM   #3801
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Anyone have any suggestions on cart bags? My stand bag zipper broke and I need a new one.

Going with a cart bag because I never carry my clubs. Either I use my push cart or take a power cart.
I just got a Ping Traverse and I really like it for a cart bag. It has more than enough storage, a nice cooler pocket that drains for some beverages and fits well on my push cart
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:38 PM   #3802
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Most the the Covid protocols courses have implemented make sense or seem rooted in some form of logic but I don't understand the one about not accepting walk ons. What's the story behind that? If it's contact tracing can't they just take your info when you check in? Or is it to minimize people hanging around waiting for an opening?
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:02 PM   #3803
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Most the the Covid protocols courses have implemented make sense or seem rooted in some form of logic but I don't understand the one about not accepting walk ons. What's the story behind that? If it's contact tracing can't they just take your info when you check in? Or is it to minimize people hanging around waiting for an opening?
I think it’s the minimizing people hanging around.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:15 AM   #3804
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looking to buy new clubs. Really not sure where to start. A friend recommended Modern Golf for a fitting and advice. They waive their fees if you order through them. Because of high demand right now some custom orders are taking up to three months.
Manhattanboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:45 AM   #3805
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Last year when golf first opened, everyone was on pins and needles. There'll be no walk on, everything has to be prepaid, you have to wait in your car until 5-10 minutes before your tee time and range closed and so on.

But after July 1 last year, most of these restrictions were relax in line with the reopening. I suspect this year's opening will be better than last year's one to the point where everything will be normal at a golf course except for indoor dinning.
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:16 PM   #3806
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
One thing that bothers me the most is when players aren't prepared with an extra ball. If you are someone that occasionally hits a mulligan off the tee have a second ball in your pocket so that you don't have to run back to the cart to get a new one. The same goes for lost balls. I can't believe how many people go off into the trees or long grass to look for a ball but don't bring a fresh ball in case they don't find one.
Another thing that slows down a round quite a bit is the use of GPS and golf apps. The GPS technology is cool and can be useful but whenever I have played with someone that uses it for their shots it seems to lengthen their pre shot routine quite a bit.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:17 PM   #3807
GomerPile
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Rivers Edge is for sale, scrolled back a couple pages and didn’t see it. Anyone here make a boat load and have 10mill sitting around?

http://https://propertyguys.com/listing/ab/okotoks/106788?fbclid=IwAR3TgAZWMMYIxH6vmM8bOujSuL6SJpUYtz UGNae59DJoyGn1THrEE6r_QrQ
GomerPile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:18 PM   #3808
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Another thing that slows down a round quite a bit is the use of GPS and golf apps. The GPS technology is cool and can be useful but whenever I have played with someone that uses it for their shots it seems to lengthen their pre shot routine quite a bit.
I think a laser or golf watch actually speeds things up. You know the distance without searching for a sprinkler head. Grab the right club and hit.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chedder For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2021, 02:52 PM   #3809
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GomerPile View Post
Rivers Edge is for sale, scrolled back a couple pages and didn’t see it. Anyone here make a boat load and have 10mill sitting around?

http://https://propertyguys.com/listing/ab/okotoks/106788?fbclid=IwAR3TgAZWMMYIxH6vmM8bOujSuL6SJpUYtz UGNae59DJoyGn1THrEE6r_QrQ
It's been for sale for a couple years now. $10M is wayyyyyy too much for that property as a golf course.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:04 PM   #3810
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Depends on the person and technology, I guess. I use a GPS watch and it adds zero time to look at it while prepping for the shot.

Like the above stated, if anything it cuts lots of time off my rounds as I'm sure of the distance, compared to before when I would hmm and haw trying to guesstimate how far I was.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:54 PM   #3811
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GomerPile View Post

1000 CP members at $10,000 each?
The Calgary Puck Golf & Country Club
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2021, 07:13 PM   #3812
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
1000 CP members at $10,000 each?
The Calgary Puck Golf & Country Club
I can do $180.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:07 PM   #3813
jayswin

Exp:

I was hoping to keep track of all rounds in a scorebook this year. My buddy showed me his generic tee sheets that he made up online. They have key performance boxes for things like 'fairways hit', 'how many putts' etc. Anyone know where to get a good score book for a season of golfing?

Nothing online at golf town, but was going to check in store. Amazon mostly has crappy options.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:16 PM   #3814
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Check out the foursum app.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:21 PM   #3815
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I was hoping to keep track of all rounds in a scorebook this year. My buddy showed me his generic tee sheets that he made up online. They have key performance boxes for things like 'fairways hit', 'how many putts' etc. Anyone know where to get a good score book for a season of golfing?

Nothing online at golf town, but was going to check in store. Amazon mostly has crappy options.
I use the golf game book app. Couple inputs (score Miss left/right or hit fairway, putts) and it gives some stats. Has all courses.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2021, 09:00 PM   #3816
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I agree with the GPS watch, it doesn't slow me down whatsoever. quick look at yardage and grab my club and go. It's routine. A lot of my group have rangefinders and they are definitely slower.

I always find it funny when i look at my watch and let them know the yardage and then they look through their rangefinder and are always within a yard or 2 of what i just said.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2021, 09:00 PM   #3817
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’d recommend the Golf Canada app. You can enter scores as you play, or you can put them in after the fact. It has basically every course and you can track putts, GIR, drives and basically everything else. It keeps the stats for you as far as scoring on par 3’s, 4’s and 5’s also. Then it aggregates those stats for you and gives you the index as well.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2021, 09:01 PM   #3818
jayswin

Exp:

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I'm not a fan of app GPS rounds. I try to keep wallet/phone/keys away and have light, free pockets and I find when I download individual course apps I end up ditching them quickly due to constantly holding your phone for distance and inputing scores.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:03 PM   #3819
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Check out the foursum app.
Doesn't come up on the app store.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:07 PM   #3820
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I’d recommend the Golf Canada app. You can enter scores as you play, or you can put them in after the fact. It has basically every course and you can track putts, GIR, drives and basically everything else. It keeps the stats for you as far as scoring on par 3’s, 4’s and 5’s also. Then it aggregates those stats for you and gives you the index as well.
It’s been a while but I thought the golf Canada app was cumbersome? I use it to track my handy but is that app ok to use while you play?
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow