Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2009, 06:15 AM   #1
Hoody
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default QC Flames this weekend - 3 Apr 2009 (QC Online)

http://www.qconline.com/archives/qco....php?id=433030

Hoody

-Ben Stein
Hoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

QC Flames win tonight 2-1; Boyd and Peters played; Greentree scored both goals and Irving gets another win

unfortunately Rockford won in a shootout so the Flames are still 5 points back with just 4 games remaining
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #3
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The good part is that we can almost ignore Rockford and go after Houston. They lost to Iowa on Thursday and to Peoria on Friday....and have to travel to Lake Erie for a game Saturday night. (The LE Monsters beat 1st place Milwaukee on Friday night....)

Houston is having goaltender problems. The guy playing as their #1 goalie won't be playing again before the playoffs, their former #1 goalie (All-Star Brust) hasn't played since mid-February and got lit up by Iowa. They called up a kid from the ECHL (Idaho) who started against Peoria....and lost.

Houston dropped from 2nd to 4th in two nights....and QC currently is in 5th. Looking at what's going on with them. Houston is a team we may be able to slip by and get in as the 4th place playoff team.

Bottom line.....we just have to keep winning!

Hope we can keep Boyd and Peters for a while. Boyd had a couple of stupid turnovers, but they both did more good than bad on the ice tonight. We're going to need them against Peoria Saturday night! We have the exact same record over the last 10 games, so something's gotta give!!!
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:44 AM   #4
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

as you say, winning is the only way they have a shot, then hope they get some help

its good that they have two potential targets to overtake instead of just one; hopefully, one of Rockford or Houston falters

looking at their schedules:
Houston plays Lake Erie (6th) and San Antonio (8th) three times. Relatively easy schedule playing sub-.500, non-playoff teams
Rockford plays Milwaukee (1st), QC (5th), Peoria (2nd) and Chicago (7th). Certainly a tougher schedule. Their opponents are all above .500. The game vs QC also give the Flames an element of control

awfully tough, anyway you look at it
Old 04-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

oh geez, Houston lose, Rockford losing badly, but QC also trails 2-0 mid-way thru the third

maybe a huge opportunity lost

edit. Bubba just score 2-1 with 11 minutes left
Old 04-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

yeah we lost. i dont know if it mathematically eliminates us, but realistically does.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:51 PM   #7
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

qc has to run the table with either houston or rockford losing all of their games.

It is possible because Houston cant stop anything right now and well Rockford has a tough schedule. QC just pissed down the leg tonight and were scared of manny lagace.

Lagace was yanked for the third and didn't like my "coach tired of your snow angel?" comments.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #8
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh yeah I got BOYD'S autograph on both of my jerseys!!!!

I was pissed last year because I have a white jersey with all of last years players (none of this years) autographs

and I have a red jersey with all of this years players autographs on it.

He was called up the day of a post game skate deal and I was so pissed off because he was the only guy I missed.