Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2014, 12:53 AM   #461
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
Cavemen lived to 150 due to their organic eating a large amounts of exercise.
Cavemen+Modern Medicine would be far more healthy than the average person today. Cavemen had a low life expectancy because if they got sick they died and also half of them or more died at birth.

I'm not saying I am against vaccines or modern medicine I just find it odd that people can call out other parents about getting a shot when they don't live a healthy lifestyle or encourage their kids to lead a healthy lifestyle.

any doctor in the world will tell you eating well, exercise, lots of sleep, will help prevent sickness. Been to a school lately? kids are ####ing fat and lazy obesity is an epidemic and kills more people than H1N1

From a respected medical journal

"So how many Canadians die a year due to obesity and diet related diseases? Conservative estimates ring in at around 25,000. What about H1N1? Well according to the Public Health Agency of Canada H1N1 has killed 415 Canadians."

Last edited by dino7c; 01-15-2014 at 12:58 AM.
dino7c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:15 AM   #462
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
yeah a healthy lifestyle will decrease the amount of times you get sick.(not exactly rocket science) And I'm talking about people I know in my personal life...kids spend far less time outside playing these days, you would have to have your head buried in the sand if you disagree. Kids are more unhealthy than they have been in decades even with these miracle flu shots
Kids get sick more due to the ever increasing movement of people bringing more pathogens around. These "miracle vaccines" are the reason these "unhealthy kids" aren't dying from small pox, becoming mentally incapacitated from measles, suffering from rubella like your old timey friends.

Eating healthier and exercise would go a long way to helping the obesity related problems for sure, but your missing the point of flu shots. They are not going to prevent colds
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:51 AM   #463
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

A study done in the UK showed kids are no less active today than 10-20 years ago, its just that what these kids are putting into their bodies is much much worse today than it has ever been.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:09 AM   #464
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Tell her to read this

http://evidencemag.com/clean-eating/
Old 01-15-2014, 08:10 AM   #465
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

dino7c, you're doing that annoying thing that TBQH was doing in this debate. You're trying to start a "debate" but you don't want to outright say "I don't fully believe in vaccines" because you know how that is received on CP.

The things you're "countering" with are not really relevant to the point of this thread. It's about making sure people get vaccinated, and you're going on and on about how there's other ways to stay healthy and how no one should call out anti-vaccines users when they don't live a 100% healthy life style.

Everyone knows that they should be as healthy as possible, you're not breaking any ground there, and you're preaching to the choir. But an unhealthy person saying people should get vaccinated, is still a right person.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2014, 08:12 AM   #466
Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
yeah a healthy lifestyle will decrease the amount of times you get sick.(not exactly rocket science)
Assuming you're arguing that a healthy lifestyle can replace modern medicine (including vaccines), you're right. It's not rocket science at all - it's pseudo-science and intuition, and human intuition is one of the most fallible things we know.

Here's an anecdote for you from someone that had the healthiest lifestyle ever, but had parents that didn't believe in vaccines:

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/f...childhood.html
Regorium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Regorium For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2014, 10:51 AM   #467
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am going to post one more thing and then stay out of this

I am NOT AGAINST VACCINES OR MODERN MEDICINE

I just find it funny that SOME parents (many these days) allow their kids to leave a terrible un-healthy lifestyle and then look down on others for not getting a shot. People want schools to force vaccines but my kids school doesn't even make kids wash their hands before eating.

get a shot, wash hands, get good sleep, eat well,

all these things will help avoid sickness and give a better quality of life

anyway I'm out....people are too hardcore on both sides of this "argument" and the truth lies somewhere in the middle like with everything else in life

Last edited by dino7c; 01-15-2014 at 10:56 AM.
dino7c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:03 AM   #468
evman150
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
the truth lies somewhere in the middle like with everything else in life
Actually no it doesn't.

On one side, you have people being crippled and killed by polio and other diseases.

On the other side, you have people living their lives free of horrible, preventable diseases.

There is no "argument". It's like a person holding a penny and going up to Bill Gates and saying "there's no difference between us, we both have money".

Except anti-vaxxers don't even have a penny.
"For thousands of years humans were oppressed - as some of us still are - by the notion that the universe is a marionette whose strings are pulled by a god or gods, unseen and inscrutable." - Carl Sagan
Freedom consonant with responsibility.

evman150 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to evman150 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #469
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the think is what you are arguing about has absolutely nothing to do with vaccinations.

Kids should be healthier and take common sense steps to avoid the flu. Good point. But a point that has absolutely nothing to do with vaccinations.

You seem to want to merge the issue of parents not encouraging their kids to lead a healthy lifestyle and parents trying to cajole others into getting a vaccination.

I think most people see that connection as tenuous at best, and it looks similar to the same disconnected reasoning people use to justify not vaccinating their kids.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobblehead For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2014, 10:57 AM   #470
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am sure this has been posted

undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #471
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I am sure this has been posted
I'm sure it has, but it never gets old.
Jimmy Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 03:37 PM   #472
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

One map sums up the damage caused by the anti-vaccination movement

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and...ation-movement
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:41 PM   #473
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^^^^^ too complicated, try this:

http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #474
Guest1

Is there a recorded instance where a healthy adult got vaccinated and then developed autism?

Just wondering...
Old 01-29-2014, 05:47 PM   #475
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Anyone against vaccinations should be forced to watch this video every day until they come to their senses. I couldn't even make it half way though before I had to close the window.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:59 PM   #476
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Croatia upholds compulsory vaccinations and receives a round of applause from everyone who isn't a complete moron.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and...accine-mandate
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2014, 06:13 PM   #477
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/brain-s...irth-1.1748429

A small study that examined the brains of children who died found that certain abnormalities were common in autistic children but not in kids without the disorder. The research bolsters evidence that something before birth might cause autism, at least in some cases.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:14 PM   #478
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

The attitudes in this thread border on fascist, just saying. It's as if questioning what we are injecting into people makes someone a moron, just to question makes you bereft of any intellectual capacities which is quite disheartening.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #479
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

being self-righteous and indignant about anything regardless of how correct you are is shameful imo and obviously you don't know anything about processing or migration, good luck finding that hydrocarbon trap when it looks like a syncline.

Do you even know why people claim vaccinations can be harmful? If you're so absolutely certain then you must understand the claims against it very well.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:37 PM   #480
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcGold View Post
The attitudes in this thread border on fascist, just saying. It's as if questioning what we are injecting into people makes someone a moron, just to question makes you bereft of any intellectual capacities which is quite disheartening.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post: