Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-17-2019, 12:50 PM   #321
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
after trading Tannehill, the Dolphins have signed a new tank commander starting QB: Fitzmagic on a 2 year deal.
On the bright side Fitzpatrick has remained pretty healthy throughout his career so the Dolphins can carry the same offense from week to week. On the downside he will be 37 years old in the fall and Dolphins fans will now get to experience the ultimate in highs and lows from a QB as you never know what you are going to get from him week to week.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:01 PM   #322
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Investigation is pretty much done according to TMZ and of course they bury the actual lede that he's not a suspect here. He definitely doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt, but it sounds like TMZ is overblowing this. TMZ are Browns fans it seems because we all know he's in Cleveland within 4 seconds of getting released. On the other hand the Chiefs also gotta be kinda happy because this simple brush with trouble probably brings his contract down a few million.
How's that?

His 3 year old son sustained a broken arm after it appears he was assaulted inside his own home. That limits the suspect list down to a couple people. Hill and his fiancee. One of those two already has a police record of domestic violence, the other one a victim of it.

Quote:
Hill’s fiancee, Crystal Espinal, is listed under “others involved.” A source familiar with the investigation told The Star that the victim is Hill’s son with Espinal, and that his arm was broken in the incident. Espinal is pregnant with twins.

When she was eight weeks pregnant with their 3-year-old, he reportedly punched and choked her, and as a result was arrested and dismissed from the Oklahoma State team.
Additionally, this was the second "incident" in the span of 10 days.

Quote:
On March 5th, officers were called to Hill’s home to investigate a difference incident of “child abuse or neglect,” according to Angie Ricono, Emily Sinovic, and Chris Oberholtz of KCTV 5. KCTV 5 reports that Hill’s name was listed on that police report, but the “report was closed three days later when prosecution was declined.”
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...14819_28656719

I mean....the weight of probability in this one points in one direction only. Squarely at him. He could be finished as an NFL player if so.

He is innocent of these charges in the eye of the law, which is an absolute necessity, but in the NFL things are very different.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:15 PM   #323
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
How's that?

His 3 year old son sustained a broken arm after it appears he was assaulted inside his own home. That limits the suspect list down to a couple people. Hill and his fiancee. One of those two already has a police record of domestic violence, the other one a victim of it.

Additionally, this was the second "incident" in the span of 10 days.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...14819_28656719

I mean....the weight of probability in this one points in one direction only. Squarely at him. He could be finished as an NFL player if so.

He is innocent of these charges in the eye of the law, which is an absolute necessity, but in the NFL things are very different.
Lol I mean Ray Rice and Kareem Hunt strongly beg to differ. Until there's video or till he's charged, he's good.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:09 PM   #324
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Tyreek Hill should know how tight his leash is. If I'm Brett Veach you come to camp finish this rookie deal and I'm cutting you loose. Exceptional talent but too much risk.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:05 PM   #325
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Raiders sign Vontaze Burfict, presumably to lock up being on Hard Knocks so we can all see him and AB in the same locker room.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1108161772584878080
Old 03-20-2019, 12:03 PM   #326
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Raiders sign Vontaze Burfict, presumably to lock up being on Hard Knocks so we can all see him and AB in the same locker room.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1108161772584878080
Brown has already tweeted and welcomed him. I don't think there is any animosity. As for the signing I'm fine with it providing he can play more than 12 games which isn't guaranteed by any means.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2019, 05:35 PM   #327
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Whats the over/under on Burfict taking personal foul penalties as a Raider?

8.5?

This article lays it out clearly....he is a complete meathead.

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/12/18/...personal-fouls
Old 03-20-2019, 06:34 PM   #328
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saints reportedly finalizing a deal for Jared Cook. Thank jebus, that's the signing Saints fans wanted heading into the off-season
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:56 PM   #329
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Whats the over/under on Burfict taking personal foul penalties as a Raider?

8.5?

This article lays it out clearly....he is a complete meathead.

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/12/18/...personal-fouls
Wearing the Silver & Black alone is grounds for extra penalties.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:03 PM   #330
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Wearing the Silver & Black alone is grounds for extra penalties.
And you have to admit, through the years these guys almost always end up playing for the Raiders.....just so predictable.

Suh is still out there to i believe...would not surprise me one bit if he lands there.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #331
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Clay Matthews has signed with the Rams.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:40 PM   #332
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
And you have to admit, through the years these guys almost always end up playing for the Raiders.....just so predictable.

Suh is still out there to i believe...would not surprise me one bit if he lands there.
That's a bit if an outdated statement as name some sketchy players the Raiders have employed relative to the rest of the league. Aldon Smith for a few games is all I can think of as it's not like they have been drafting problem players such as the Chiefs or Cowboys for instance. When is the last time anyone has put the Raiders up with the dirtiest teams in the league?

To be clear Burfect called the Raiders before the Raiders called him as he's tight with Guenther so the Raiders landing him was logical as any free agent that signs with a coach he's had his best success with in the past. A lot of Raiders fans are okay with it as am I. Really the last time the Raiders contended for the Super Bowl they had a dirty SOB in Bill Romanowski and since then can anyone remember a Raiders defense that had any players that played on edge where receivers had to take note of where they were on the field? It's been largely a low skill, passive defense for years. Of course I don't want him crossing the line taking head shots at anyone but I would love nothing other than to see the biggest d-bag in the league in Kelce take a beating when the teams meet. It's a one year deal so it's either going to work out or not.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:49 PM   #333
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Throw the Chiefs under the bus Erick...tsk tsk.

It's Andy Reid who tends to go for riskier players that have talent. Reid seems to think he can get some of these guys to conform, which during the season he's been very successful. Problem is that the league has 6 months of off season for bad people to go back to bad habits.

Overall though, I have to eat it a bit because even if Tyreek Hill gets thrown out of the league, they got 3 years of pro bowl production for cheap. Even a 3rd on Hunt for what he did, that's okay value out of that pick. It's probably better to take the problem guys out of college when they're cheap motivated and productive. As they establish themselves in the league and become problems....let them be somoene else's problem. So yeah, I am a bit of a bad person because I'm okay with my team benefitting from bad people playing above their contract.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:55 PM   #334
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol at thinking Kelce is a bigger dbag than AB.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:53 PM   #335
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Lol at thinking Kelce is a bigger dbag than AB.
LOL not even close. You let me know when Brown constantly mocks other team celebrations, gets ejected for throwing a towel at an official, gets fined for shoving a football in Kyle Van Noy's crotch, has his own bachelor show Catching Kelse which a lot of players ripped on him. Even Chiefs fans say "yeah he's a ######bag but he's our ######hbag". I'm not saying Brown is an angel but on the field he's largely been a pro and has never made it on any most hated players lists like Kelce always does.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:40 PM   #336
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

How many kids has Kelce almost killed? Pretty sure that's a better measurable for a dbag than being a clown you don't like. Brown is gonna tear that locker room apart, which is actually probably the Raiders plan so they can Tank for Trevor in 2020.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:04 PM   #337
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also AB quit on his team, so I'm trying to think of a more dbag move than that from a on-field perspective and there isn't one short of being a cheap shot artist (like, you know...).
Old 03-21-2019, 07:56 PM   #338
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Clay Matthews has signed with the Rams.
Speaking of cheap shots and d-bags. Another perfectly good reason to hate the Rams. Suh, Talib, now Matthews. Cheap shot central in LA.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:29 PM   #339
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Also AB quit on his team, so I'm trying to think of a more dbag move than that from a on-field perspective and there isn't one short of being a cheap shot artist (like, you know...).
Yeah I don't think you are going to win this argument. Best to let it go.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:53 PM   #340
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol what argument? A Raider fan thinks the newest Raider who the vast majority of NFL fans thinks is a massive dbag doesn't think said dbag is in fact a dbag. Shocker. Next you're going to tell me Mark Davis is a top owner in this league.