Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Porting Landline to Cell

Has anyone ported their landline to a cell? What plan and from what carrier did you choose from? As long as I can get about 5 numbers in Canada I can call unlimited, I don't care about the rest all that much. Thanks.
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
Has anyone ported their landline to a cell? What plan and from what carrier did you choose from? As long as I can get about 5 numbers in Canada I can call unlimited, I don't care about the rest all that much. Thanks.
If you want it as strictly a landline replacement and won't use it outside your home then one of the new entrants is probably your best option. Mobilicity and Wind both have some fairly good deals going on right now.

If you want something that is more flexible and you are not in one of the new entrant calling areas then Koodo might be your best bet.

They have the $45 nationwide plan which will give you unlimited nationwide calling on your cell, plus for $10 you can add voicemail, caller id, and unlimited messaging.

Really either of the options works. I would stick with WIND if you are in the city and have coverage in your area or with Koodo if you are outside the city limits at all.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

^^^I second taking a look at Koodo's $45 dollar plan. Mobilicity and Wind can have really awful coverage from what I have heard. Koodo is owned by Telus, so the coverage is quite good, by comparison.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Koodo looks like the way to go, thanks guys.

Is there a way to connect the cell to my home phone handsets so that I could use the phone handsets when I'm at home instead of the cell phone?
Old 12-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #5
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
Koodo looks like the way to go, thanks guys.

Is there a way to connect the cell to my home phone handsets so that I could use the phone handsets when I'm at home instead of the cell phone?
AFAIK impossible with your current handsets. Why wouldn't you just use your cell phone? or do you just want to leverage the multiple handsets you currently have?
Old 12-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #6
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
AFAIK impossible with your current handsets. Why wouldn't you just use your cell phone? or do you just want to leverage the multiple handsets you currently have?
Yes, I would like to get calls from my 4 wirless handsets at home. Don't like running around looking for my cell when it rings at home.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
CRXguy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...9077e52294en02

I'm not sure if Bluetooth will link only to the main base handset or all 3.
CRXguy is offline   Reply With Quote