Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Parks and Recreation (NBC) Cancelled

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...eason-7-700847

Quote:
In announcing its 2014-2015 schedule on Sunday, the network also revealed that Parks and Recreation will end with a seventh and final season. The Amy Poehler comedy will return in midseason.
Didn't see a thread for Parks and Rec getting the Axe.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Depends how you look at it, it seemed like this past season was going to be the last one for sure.

So it feels more like it got renewed for a 7th and final season.

In fact, I'm not sure how they'll handle a final season as the finale of season 6 ended with a jump several years into the future. Maybe just pretend that didn't happen?

Last edited by AC; 05-12-2014 at 08:06 PM.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #3
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's a pretty misleading thread title. This is from Mike Schur himself.

The 7th season of #ParksandRec will be our last (100% mutual between. creative team and network). Sad, but happy, and excited. See you soon!

Ken Tremendous ‏@KenTremendous May 11 We felt it was time to bring #ParksandRec to a close. NBC has been nothing but supportive. A happy network TV story.

Creatively, I think this is best for everyone. They were starting to recycle some storylines and the low points of this season were some of the lowest in the series (ignoring season 1).

He's running Brooklyn 99, which is his third "critical hit". I'm sure he wants to move on to other things and no turn parks and rec into the train wreck The Office became.

I think the thinking for a lot of shows is to just keep going as long as possible, but with so many channels and opportunities out there, I'm not sure the more talented showrunners want to be stuck doing the same show for 12 seasons.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #4
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Depends how you look at it, it seemed like this past season was going to be the last one for sure.

So it feels more like it got renewed for a 7th and final season.

In fact, I'm not sure how they'll handle a final season as the finale of season 6 ended with a jump several years into the future. Maybe just pretend that didn't happen?
No, that was part of the plan. The final season will take place in 2017. I'm pretty sure they knew they were renewed before they shot the finale.

They didn't want to do a season of Leslie being pregnant after just doing that with the Ann and Chris storyline. The three year jump also lets them skip the cliche "the babies won't sleep" type storylines that sitcoms do with new parents.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:22 PM   #5
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not surprising, I'm almost more surprised there will be a 7th season. Finally watched the S6 finale over the weekend, that totally felt like a series finale. Even before I heard it was announced, I got the impression the developers are ready to move on.

Frankly it's time, I've watched this show from the beginning and it's changed a lot since season 2-3. Still funny, but the romance & "Full House" moments really amped up this past season. During the Ann/Chris goodbye episode it felt like I was sitting through one of the girlfriend's shows. My 2 favourites, Ron & Tom, just aren't the same as 2+ years ago. Both of their characters feel neutered a bit this season, when they "grew up". The only character who's still awesome and become my favourite on the show is Ben, he always cracks me up. I still like Parks, but if S7 hadn't been announced as the final season, it probably would've dropped from a weekly to just a casual follow by me.

It'll be interesting where they proceed from here, as I'm a little confused. Are they going to suddenly pick up 3 years in the future, where the finale left off? Or was that simply a glimpse at where things will end up 2 years after the series finale? Agreed with getbak, jumping ahead in time would at least allow us to skip another pregnancy angle (though if they did go that route, a Leslie/Ben pregnancy would be a lot funnier than Ann/Chris, and all their schmoopie moments).

Last edited by Sainters7; 05-13-2014 at 02:11 AM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:35 PM   #6
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thought this would be the case. They've clearly set it up for this next season to be the last. Looking forward to one more season!
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #7
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

I'm sad, but mostly because I need my Nick Offerman and Chris Pratt fix on a regular basis.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:54 AM   #8
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post
I'm sad, but mostly because I need my Nick Offerman and Chris Pratt fix on a regular basis.

Pratt is blowing up, you'll see him a lot in the movies.

I think Offerman has a web series based on his wood working shop.

Tags
"parks and recreation" , axed , nbc