Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-09-2020, 03:30 PM   #21
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for all the advice, folks, and keep them coming. I hope to purchase tomorrow.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 04:12 PM   #22
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

I really enjoy my brother laser printer. Small footprint and prints fairly quick and inexpensively.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2020, 11:41 PM   #23
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

A well reviewed Brother laser from Amazon in the $150 range seemed to be the way to go when I was buying one recently.

One thing to watch out for, it's apparently common for printer manufacturers to put chips in their cartridges. Something I hadn't really heard about the last time I bought a printer, which was who knows when. Then they can do things like monitor the ink levels and annoy you to buy more. And try to make it more difficult to buy cheaper third party cartridges.

I went with one of the Brother models that was slightly older and not chip-enabled. Not sure how big a deal it really is, just felt like going with the option least likely to annoy me.

-

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax

Last edited by cmyden; 01-09-2020 at 11:52 PM.
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:28 PM   #24
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I currently have an Epson EcoTank and a Brother b&w lazer. I like them both. I’ve owned quite a few printers over the years and most have been terrible, but these two have been good for 2 years+. Actually I think I’ve had the Brother for 3+. Epson and Brother are definitely the brands I would look at.

And get one that prints on both sides of the page! That’s a feature easily worth the extra money.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
home office , printers