Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
Doctordestiny
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default Shaw e-mail

For the last two days I've been receiving no email through my Shaw account. All of my email is copied to my iPhone but I'm getting nothing there either. Any ideas? I'll try calling Shaw tomorrow but thought someone here might have ideas. Anyone using Shaw having this problem?
Doctordestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Have you tried emailing yourself?

What about going into Webmail, seeing if you are over your limit?
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:59 PM   #3
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can you send email?

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:01 PM   #4
Doctordestiny
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I seem to be able to send. I sent messages that seem to have gone through but have received nothing back so I have to assume my emails have been received successfully.

I would go into webmail but cannot remember my password because I haven't used it for months. Shaw will be able to provide my password, or reset it.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #5
Doctordestiny
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I just found out that my domain name has expired and my emails don't know where to go. My tech guy says he's restore my domain name ASAP. I hope my emails are being stored somewhere and will all roll in once this is done????
Old 05-11-2010, 11:07 AM   #6
Mike Oxlong
Got Oliver Klozoff

Exp:

My Shaw email seems to be down today. I can't receive or send email from my laptop and I can't log on to Shaw webmail either. Seems the site is down.

Anyone else able to log onto Shaw today? Anyone having Shaw email issues?
Mike Oxlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #7
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not having shaw issues. I've been able to log into webmail all day.
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:43 PM   #8
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mine is working fine. The weird thing for me is that webmail is INCREDIBLY slow at home on both the desktop and laptop, but working normally at work. Other websites are fine.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:41 AM   #9
JohnnyO
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Does anyone know what setting I need to adjust in IE8 to allow the images to be seen within my ShawWebmail ??
JohnnyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #10
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
Does anyone know what setting I need to adjust in IE8 to allow the images to be seen within my ShawWebmail ??
Tools --> Security and play with the slider. I honestly doubt that is the problem though, because assuming you can view images on a normal webpage with IE8, then there is nothing in IE8 that you should need to adjust to get your images in your webmail to show up.

What you are probably experiencing is some type of blocking or filtering of images on Shaw's Webmail. This is going to be done on either by the webmail client, an antivirus/internet security suite you might be using or by something on your network, like a firewall or other security solution.

If you are not at home, then chances are it is a setting on the network (Firewall or other security appliance/service) of the place ( I assume work) you are at. Contact your network administrator to see what it might be.

If that isn't it, there might be a setting in the web client that allows you to change this. I don't use Shaw Webmail so I can't be sure.

Otherwise, try another browser, but I wouldn't expect any change unless one of those other settings are

If one of these doesn't help then we need more details about your situation to help.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #11
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

I say this simply for troubleshooting- what happens when you try to view webmail on the same computer using Firefox or Chrome?
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #12
JohnnyO
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I can see the image fine when I use firefox.

Same problem at home and work.

The images and logos in the bulk of the email cannot be seen??

Thanks for your help more annoying then anything really.
JohnnyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #13
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

anyone having a problem connection to webmail? I log in and it take me to my contact list and I cant get to inbox, and the new webmail just circles trying to log in and the restarts
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #14
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctordestiny View Post
I just found out that my domain name has expired and my emails don't know where to go. My tech guy says he's restore my domain name ASAP. I hope my emails are being stored somewhere and will all roll in once this is done????
You need a new tech guy. That should be the first thing any tech person does these days, keeping track of domain registrations on behalf of their clients. It takes an hour to document that stuff on day 1 and set reminders in your calendar so your client doesn’t suffer when it inevitably expires.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #15
Champion
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Anyone been having any problems with Shaw mail recently? I've been having big problems since late Thursday.

I also forward my shaw emails to a Gmail account so I receive them on my iphone.

The last time I actually received an email into shaw was late Thursday. I seen it on my iphone and when I logged onto Webmail, it wasn't even showing up there.

I've sent myself 4 test emails from various accounts and still nothing when I logged onto webmail. Inbox empty.

Tech Support was really no help either. Very annoying as I use this account for my business. Might have to switch and give everybody my gmail account which is the same username to make things a lot easier.
Champion is offline   Reply With Quote