Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2018, 01:10 PM   #61
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I understand why you have the fashion sense you do, but we likely operate in two different worlds, so I don't think it's fair for you can look at my style through your lens and call it sloppy. .

Quote:
Some people like super crappy music, so I don't agree that good music is music you like.

Blanket statements on judging music, but fashion is subjective.

How's the plumber's crack today?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:17 PM   #62
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Blanket statements on judging music, but fashion is subjective.

How's the plumber's crack today?
Almost all country music is objectively crappy made by soulless idiots for soulless morons.

No crack yet, but I haven't gotten to the real work that has been untucking it. TBD. I do feel a little sexier than usual with these garters, so there's that.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:17 PM   #63
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterpants View Post
Pics or didn't happen.
I'll text you in two...
Old 11-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #64
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Like the sudden vomit in my mouth, that mental image will be difficult to remove.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:47 PM   #65
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I could post a pic, but I don't want to get in trouble.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #66
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

gorilla glue or tape
Old 11-19-2018, 02:04 PM   #67
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Almost all country music is objectively crappy made by soulless idiots for soulless morons.

No crack yet, but I haven't gotten to the real work that has been untucking it. TBD. I do feel a little sexier than usual with these garters, so there's that.
the rose goes on the front big boy...
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #68
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't subscribe to blanket rules like not letting the collar of my undershirt show. I personally think they look sharp - I buy seven at a time and replace them annually so as not to let the collars get stretched or ratty.

I understand why you have the fashion sense you do, but we likely operate in two different worlds, so I don't think it's fair for you can look at my style through your lens and call it sloppy.

Know what looks sloppy? A long-torsoed person bending down at their job and exposing their hairy butt crack and lower back to customers and employees all day long. For a tall person, the leverage of bending down will pull up their shirt and expose their ass. It's considerate to take steps to avoid this.

Know what else looks sloppy? Bending down with a v-neck undershirt so you can see down my shirt and my nipples and hairy chest when I reach to pick something up. A tight-fitting crew collar looks much cleaner and more "tight ship" doing the type of work I do.

An exposed collar isn't underwear, in spite of what some fashion blogs may tell you, anyway. It's a t-shirt.
Yeah I subscribe to modern culture, and strongly believe in buying top quality the first time. If your button up shirt, is hanging down - whilst bent over, its simply too big on you.

I may be in a suit daily, but love a Filson with a pair of Salvege/Dry denim. They should never be draped on oneself, that an undershirt would be a saving grace; without knowing of course, how blessed you are in cup-size.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:28 PM   #69
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

lol, I don't even know what a Filson or Salvege/Dry denim is, although, I do know you're not describing practical clothes for my job and you're definitely not reading what I'm writing about bending over and having a shirt come up, which is why I need the shirt stays.

When you say you believe in buying top quality the first time, I think there's an insinuation that I'm dressing in a burlap sack over here. I bought two new Burton hoodies this fall and a few T-shirts. They'd all probably last a decade if I wanted them to, and they'll definitely never go out of style. That's more sensible than overpaying for clothes, IMO.

Go nuts buying expensive clothes, though. I have no interest in that. I actually think people who are always 100% on trend or on the leading edge of trend look silly and too self conscious. I think someone should be clean and well put together, but following fashion seems like a waste of time and money. I'd rather buy cars, go snowboarding more or retire earlier. The past couple of years I've been buying all my jeans used at Jeans Addiction or Man of Distinction.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:39 PM   #70
morgin
Scoring Winger

Exp:

You can have a tailor put a small piece of rubberized grippy material on the inside of your pant waist. Most of my higher end suit pants have that and it keeps shirts from riding up too easily. Not foolproof but works decently well.

http://i.imgur.com/4SyZxwi.jpg

Looks like that but not as big.
morgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:06 PM   #71
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Why is it always some wanna be young guy, one who thinks an exposed under garment is appropriate, spouting nonsense like this? Forget keeping your shirt tucked in, let your ass hang out; it seems to suit you.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:39 AM   #72
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

If your butt crack is exposed when you bend over you should buy pants with a proper waste line and a belt. As a long torosed person low rise pants are the Edmonton Oilers of Pants.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:50 AM   #73
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
If your butt crack is exposed when you bend over you should buy pants with a proper waste line and a belt. As a long torosed person low rise pants are the Edmonton Oilers of Pants.
Yeah, I don't have low-rise pants and I do wear a belt. If I'm reaching under pallet shelves, dragging things around, down up/down up/down up, etc. that's when the shirt works itself out. Not just down once to open a filing cabinet drawer or something.

The shirt stays did end up working great yesterday so I have them on again. An upside is it keeps my socks nice and high, too. I really think it is the immediate solution, although the rubber band in the waist is probably better, so I'll do that as well when I get some time.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:56 AM   #74
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

If you wear some elasticized suspender-like device connecting shirt to socks, what happens when you sit down?

Seems like something that would not be unnoticeable
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:56 AM   #75
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think you should go with the velcro idea, so every time you bend over it sounds like you have torn your pants.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2018, 09:08 AM   #76
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
The shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

If you wear some elasticized suspender-like device connecting shirt to socks, what happens when you sit down?

Seems like something that would not be unnoticeable
Yeah, good point. If you wear thin dress pants, I think this would be noticeable for sure. With thicker jeans (like what I wear), the elastic suspender just kind of conforms to the shape of the jean and bends at a ninety with your knee. You could probably notice it in some positions, but it doesn't stand out as being weird or anything other than a fold in the jeans (if at all).
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:

Tags
undershirt garter