Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-18-2019, 10:02 AM   #1841
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I think I just get spoiled by RPGs because I still find the 20-30 hour games too short. I sank probably over 100 hours into Witcher 3.
I tend to agree as I'm halfway into The Outer Worlds (doing all the side quests) and I can already tell it's way too short for an RPG.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #1842
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Modern Warfare is the best COD in a long time, its not without its issues in balancing and Multiplayer but the Campaign although short was pretty awesome and just yesterday we discovered co-op which is a separate game mode with different missions for 4 players that play similar to a battle royale in that you loot items like kill streak rewards, you have a role like medic, and its really hard which make it more fun and challenging.

Also data mined from the code is an actual BR mode coming for MW in early 2020 and apparently it will be free to play and a separate client.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2019, 10:53 AM   #1843
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm about 24% through Fallen Order. Gotta say, the game is exactly what I hoped it would be. My 10 year old son is playing as well (on Story Mode) and he loves it too. Great game, and if you're at all a Star Wars fan I highly recommend.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:55 AM   #1844
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I tend to agree as I'm halfway into The Outer Worlds (doing all the side quests) and I can already tell it's way too short for an RPG.
I got about 35 hours out of it doing everything. I'm not complaining though seeing as how big my backlog is.

I'm over 200 hours now on Assassin's Creed Odyssey having finally finished the last DLC over the weekend and I still have those stupid crest missions that only let you do three at a time to do. Part of me wants to quit but I'm determined to do every quest.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:41 AM   #1845
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

lol

https://twitter.com/user/status/1196488999524802562
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2019, 12:50 PM   #1846
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Streaming is, inevitably and unfortunately, the future of gaming. But Google won't be there when it matures. Stadia is going to get dumped within 2-3 years, just like every other business unit that isn't directly supporting its ad network.

That said, I find it interesting that in some places, people who vehemently hate EGS are supportive of Stadia, arguing that competition is good. Ultimately, Stadia is just a competitor for Steam as a launcher for PC games.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:09 PM   #1847
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
That said, I find it interesting that in some places, people who vehemently hate EGS are supportive of Stadia, arguing that competition is good. Ultimately, Stadia is just a competitor for Steam as a launcher for PC games.
But are they constantly buying exclusivity like Epic? Because that's a huge reason why people dislike Epic Games Store.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:36 PM   #1848
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Valve will unveil Half-Life: Alyx, a VR game, on Thursday. It's not HL3 but it's something so I'm excited.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1196566870360387584
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:53 PM   #1849
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Valve will unveil Half-Life: Alyx, a VR game, on Thursday. It's not HL3 but it's something so I'm excited.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1196566870360387584
There will be a 2nd game but not a 3rd....
Old 11-19-2019, 08:14 AM   #1850
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
But are they constantly buying exclusivity like Epic? Because that's a huge reason why people dislike Epic Games Store.
People dislike EGS because they are used to and like the monopoly Steam holds. The complaints about buying exclusivity ring hollow when the ultimate difference is little more than clicking one launcher instead of another.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:53 AM   #1851
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

As many others have said, SW Jedi: Fallen Order is an awesome game. The gameplay, graphics, etc are great but I really like the main character Cal Kestis, he is easily my favorite new Jedi in the Disney era. They could and should build on his popularity and start using him across mediums. He should replace Rey as the main Jedi in the new cannon going forward.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RyZ For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 08:56 AM   #1852
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
People dislike EGS because they are used to and like the monopoly Steam holds. The complaints about buying exclusivity ring hollow when the ultimate difference is little more than clicking one launcher instead of another.
Yes, there's people out there who refuse to buy anything not on Steam but most don't care about having to use multiple launchers even if they prefer to have everything on Steam. If they can get a game cheaper on another client they'll take it.

If Epic would have decided to just make their games exclusive and competed with Valve by offering better deals you would not see the backlash they get. It's limiting people's options on what client they can buy third party games from that pisses them off.
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 09:49 AM   #1853
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Yes, there's people out there who refuse to buy anything not on Steam but most don't care about having to use multiple launchers even if they prefer to have everything on Steam. If they can get a game cheaper on another client they'll take it.

If Epic would have decided to just make their games exclusive and competed with Valve by offering better deals you would not see the backlash they get. It's limiting people's options on what client they can buy third party games from that pisses them off.
I buy PC games all over the place. Steam, Origin, uplay, GOG, Bethesda, Battlenet and third party sites like Humble, GMG, Fanatical etc. Epic is removing choice from PC users and on top of that they have a #### launcher that lacks basic features expected in 2019. I don't want to hear, but Valve didn't have X feature when it launched Steam in 2003. It isn't 2003, it's 2019 and I expect a certain level of functionality.

If Epic came in and competed on price and features I'd have no issue buying games on their platform. They didn't, they took a shortcut and handcuffed people by buying exclusivity. I am not using some half-baked launcher and I'll happily wait for these exclusive games to make their way to other storefronts. In fact, Epic saved me a bunch of money since I can play some of these games for free/cheap via Game Pass.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 10:15 AM   #1854
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
If Epic came in and competed on price and features I'd have no issue buying games on their platform. They didn't, they took a shortcut and handcuffed people by buying exclusivity. I am not using some half-baked launcher and I'll happily wait for these exclusive games to make their way to other storefronts. In fact, Epic saved me a bunch of money since I can play some of these games for free/cheap via Game Pass.
I was looking forward to it when they announced they were competing with Steam. Competition is good for the consumer. Even when they announced the Metro Exodus exclusivity I didn't agree with it but I was still going to consider buying from them. Then they kept doing it using their bull#### story about trying to save the industry and that completely turned me off.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:22 AM   #1855
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I'm sorry, but "removing choice" is just a bad argument. Your choice is to buy a PC game on a digital storefront or to... buy a PC game on a digital storefront.

This isn't remotely the same thing as Microsoft buying (limited) exclusivity to a game like Rise of the Tomb Raider to the exclusion of the PS4 platform. In the PC space, the consumer's ability to buy and play the games at MSRP are not harmed in the slightest by EGS.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:29 AM   #1856
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I'm sorry, but "removing choice" is just a bad argument. Your choice is to buy a PC game on a digital storefront or to... buy a PC game on a digital storefront.

This isn't remotely the same thing as Microsoft buying (limited) exclusivity to a game like Rise of the Tomb Raider to the exclusion of the PS4 platform. In the PC space, the consumer's ability to buy and play the games at MSRP are not harmed in the slightest by EGS.

Yeah, you really have no idea what you're talking about here. Lots of storefronts offer games at below MSRP because they're actually competing with each other. If a storefront goes out and buys exclusivity you only have one place to buy it from and there is no incentive for them to offer anything less than MSRP. Add in the fact that the EGS had no regional pricing, and as far as I know, still doesn't for Canadians means that here in Canada we're paying more for the same product. Plus Epic is nice enough to pass along transaction fees to their users unlike literally every other store and launcher service.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 11:51 AM   #1857
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

We are paying exchange rate. Which sometimes means we pay more, and sometimes means we pay less than the $80 for a top new release (as an example) like we expect.

You are exactly the kind of person I was talking about when I made my initial comment. Ultimately, you're just butthurt that you would have to click the icon beside the Steam icon on your desktop to get your game. Oh! The Humanity!
Old 11-19-2019, 12:57 PM   #1858
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
We are paying exchange rate. Which sometimes means we pay more, and sometimes means we pay less than the $80 for a top new release (as an example) like we expect.

You are exactly the kind of person I was talking about when I made my initial comment. Ultimately, you're just butthurt that you would have to click the icon beside the Steam icon on your desktop to get your game. Oh! The Humanity!
Dude, are you for real? Either you can't read or you're being deliberately obtuse. These are the launchers I have installed and regularly use:

Steam
Origin
uplay
GOG Galaxy
Battlenet

I don't give a damn about another launcher. I'd way rather own a game on uplay or Origin and launch a game directly from there then have to go through multiple steps through Steam. Hell, I have the Bethesda launcher purely because I was able to get the new DOOM at 30% off on GMG. Steam isn't perfect and there plenty of things Valve needs to do to improve the user experience but what they, and numerous other stores offer is so far beyond in comparison to the Epic store.

I can't even remember the last game I bought on Steam since there are so many great deals flying around on other storefronts. And as an FYI you're not paying exchange rates on Steam, GOG, uplay, GMG, Fanatical or Humble nor do you pay transaction fees. Games are listed on those other storefronts in Canadian currency at the exact same price point that you'd find in a physical store here. That's regional pricing. The big difference is that with so many storefronts competing with each other you can easily snag deals well below MSRP.

Aside from that there is a whole laundry list of missing features on the EGS. This is somewhat out of date but not by a whole lot. Epic hasn't added much since they launched and even things like cloud saves are remarkably unstable.

Spoiler!

But do go on about how butt hurt I am over clicking another icon when I already use 5 without issue. I've said it before and I'll say it again; compete on features and price. If you're Epic, you're not competing in either sphere so why should I waste my time and money?
The Following User Says Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2019, 04:15 PM   #1859
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

My favorite review of Death Stranding. I have no investment in the game one way or the other, this is just funny

Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2019, 09:58 PM   #1860
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

I've been enjoying this puzzle game:
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post: