Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck Hockey League
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2021, 09:38 AM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default St Louis aquires Malkin

St Louis Times Picayuuune Dispatch Shopper (AP)

The Blue aquired Evengi Malkin and former first round pick defenseman Jacob Zboril in exchange for Ryan Nugent Hopkins, defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson and minor league defenseman Logan Stanley today in a block buster deal.

"Malkins a certified genius and a bonified stud, when it comes to the game of hockey. He's a guy that can drive a first line. We gave up a lot to get a player that's tough to get. We loved RNH and his contribution to the game, and Oliver is a great defenseman but this can balance things for us as we were too blueline heavy and didn't really have a standout offensive driver on his team."

When asked about Malkin's age at 34 and his three year deal GM Crunch shook his cane at the reporter and screamed, "Get off of my lawn you miscreant, then chugged down his glass of Bosco and stormed off of the podium.

The real truth.

This was a lot to pay, both OEL and RNH are good rated player, but Malin has an elite rating in most categories. the gamble is on if he completes this contract. Stanley was a give to clear up roster space for Zboril who should be a better player and has a NHL season under his belt. Coghlin and McKay had better ratings then him and the ratings say they will move the puck better.

I worry just as much about OEL's rating dropping next year, depending on the year he has in Vancouver.

Now get off of my lawn.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2021, 09:41 AM   #2
rotten42
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I should know better by now. I always go, "WTF"...then realize its the Calgarypuck hockey league. lol
rotten42 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rotten42 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2021, 09:42 AM   #3
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotten42 View Post
I should know better by now. I always go, "WTF"...then realize its the Calgarypuck hockey league. lol

Thats the idea, and you are not alone!
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:47 AM   #4
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Malkin was very good in his time in Buffalo last season. I think you are going to love having him on your team this season.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2021, 10:49 AM   #5
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its rare that those caliber players come available, and you have to pay a premium on it, and yes, I did pay a premium.

But I think I have that bonifide number 1 center, I have a defenseman in McAvoy that is trending up hard. I have decent hopefully goaltending, though that sunk me last year.

My bottom 6 is still a little low rated. But I have 5 out of 6 blueliners at 70 and above.

I'm not however a contender yet, but I have some cheese for free agency.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote