Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-04-2021, 10:12 AM   #3641
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Now you've gone and done it.

Now they're going to make a movie of He-Man fighting Optimus Prime, it'll be co-directed by Zach Snyder and Michael Bay.

And its all your fault.

well they better consult with me on this for story ideas... i can't count how many the hours of my childhood were dedicated to exactly that scenario!
Old 08-04-2021, 11:07 AM   #3642
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
This would be the perfect opportunity to make Michael B Jordan the new Black Panther. IMDB has him voicing Killmonger for the first episode, my wild prediction is that he gets transported to the main timeline and takes the mantle in Black Panther 2
There's been a push to have Shuri take over as the Black Panther. It would be the easiest transition for the storyline. I thought her character was great.

I'm not sure what the appetite is within the fanbase. Especially those that feel there are too many female superhero/sci-fi leads in movies these days.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 11:09 AM   #3643
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd like to see Shurri take over. Or you could have Okoye temporarily take over while training Shurri to be super badass. I'd like to see a return of Killmonger somehow, but I also don't want the Multi-verse to get overplayed. Yes it exists, but it's not like it's easy to cross from one to the other.
Old 08-04-2021, 11:43 AM   #3644
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

The only problem with Shuri taking over is that they already did Thor. I think it would be seen as derivative. Plus, Disney likes to fake being woke, but not so woke that it might cost them money. Michael B Jordan as BP is far more marketable IMO.

However, there is precedence for both Shuri and Jane Foster becoming BP and Thor, respectively. In fact, Shuri did it first.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 11:54 AM   #3645
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like Shuri as she is. Her superpower is that she's smart, but with zero street smarts. She went into the Endgame battle with no armor at all, no amazing propulsion, no utility belt. She could shoot beams out of her hands that hurt people, but only if they are close. I was sure she would die right away, but they panned the camera away and she was fine.

I've always dubbed her superhero name, Kittenfists. Just leave her alone, but she better get into a lot of situations where she is massively in over her head, and then pan away, and then she's fine. Don't explain it.
Old 08-04-2021, 11:55 AM   #3646
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

For Black Panther 2, I'm more excited for the rumour that Wakanda will be going up against Latveria and we'll be given Dr Doom as the main villain.
Old 08-04-2021, 12:00 PM   #3647
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
The only problem with Shuri taking over is that they already did Thor. I think it would be seen as derivative. Plus, Disney likes to fake being woke, but not so woke that it might cost them money. Michael B Jordan as BP is far more marketable IMO.

However, there is precedence for both Shuri and Jane Foster becoming BP and Thor, respectively. In fact, Shuri did it first.
I hope they write in a story that brings Killmonger back. He was the best part of Black Panther, and Michael B Jordan could become one of the main faces of the next wave for the MCU.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 12:06 PM   #3648
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
For Black Panther 2, I'm more excited for the rumour that Wakanda will be going up against Latveria and we'll be given Dr Doom as the main villain.
If we can't have Namor/Atlantis vs BP/Wakanda then this would be the next best thing.
Old 08-04-2021, 12:12 PM   #3649
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
If we can't have Namor/Atlantis vs BP/Wakanda then this would be the next best thing.
I like that as well, but I think we get Namor/Atlantis for the new Fantastic Four movie. To try and distance themselves from the previous FF movies.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:28 PM   #3650
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I don't think Shuri becomes BP simply because Letitia Wright is a nutjob. Anti-vax, climate change sceptic, transphobic, and worst of all (from Disney's view) she disparaged China and said they intentionally released covid. She'll be relegated to the bit part supporting role along with Gwyneth Paltrow, if she still has a job at all
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 02:45 PM   #3651
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
"Gunn is always welcome back, whatever he wants to do," DC Films president Walter Hamada told The Hollywood Reporter. "He really has a vision and he’s a great partner with us. Whenever he wants to come back, we’re ready for him." Hamada went on to tease Gunn returning for future projects. "He’ll be back. We have more stuff planned."
https://www.cbr.com/dc-films-james-g...stuff-planned/
Old 08-05-2021, 07:16 PM   #3652
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Do we know when Suicide Squad will be available to stream in Canada? I’m assuming it will show up on Crave at some point?
Old 08-05-2021, 08:16 PM   #3653
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Do we know when Suicide Squad will be available to stream in Canada? I’m assuming it will show up on Crave at some point?
If Godzilla vs Kong is any indication, about 5 months after the theatre release.

It was released March 31 and is premiering on crave at the end of august.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:36 PM   #3654
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If Godzilla vs Kong is any indication, about 5 months after the theatre release.

It was released March 31 and is premiering on crave at the end of august.
That lines up with WW84 too. Released at Christmas and premiered on Crave on the May long weekend.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:10 PM   #3655
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Sorry I meant to pay the iron price to rent. They said it would be available for “home premiere” or whatever just like WW and Godzilla were.
Old 08-06-2021, 07:09 AM   #3656
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Suicide Squad was excellent. It was hilarious, had insane action and an amazing third act. I think it's going to be a big crowd pleaser.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 08:28 AM   #3657
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

https://youtu.be/Ojp7831vP14

Suicide Squad supports the Nathan Fillion Civilian Pavilion in Edmonton.
Old 08-06-2021, 06:31 PM   #3658
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Comic was released over the period 2002-2008. It's been in development hell for movies/TV in one form or another since 2007. This FX series has been in the works since 2015. Hard to believe it will be in screens in a few weeks.

Last edited by Finger Cookin; 08-07-2021 at 07:19 AM.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 06:53 PM   #3659
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

The Suicide Squad is v good.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2021, 11:14 PM   #3660
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
The Suicide Squad is v good.
Its excellent, so many great moments and surprises

Easily best DC movie since the dark knight, would be high up on marvel's list as well if it was one of them

Best use of harley quinn yet too
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote