Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Old 08-04-2021, 02:50 AM   #641
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

nvm

Last edited by Sandman; 08-04-2021 at 03:28 AM.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:51 AM   #642
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post

If he can catch McDavid clean, we should build him a statue as tall as the Calgary Tower.
So, just a regular life-sized statue of himself then?
Old 08-04-2021, 09:40 AM   #643
Rollin22x
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I love how he stays on his feet and is ready to play after big hits. When they play the Avs, it’s going to be fun watching him take out MacKinnon.
Rollin22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:42 AM   #644
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hopefully he can bring his speed up as he mentions in the interview. What made Regher a monster was his deceptive speed. People seemed to think he was this lumbering brute, but the dude could move and close a gap hard and fast.

I imagine there will be a love/hate for Zadorov where he’ll put himself out of position and miss sometimes, but when he connects it’ll be glorious.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:33 AM   #645
neo45
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin22x View Post
I love how he stays on his feet and is ready to play after big hits. When they play the Avs, it’s going to be fun watching him take out MacKinnon.
If he’s on the ice vs Mackinnon it won’t be very fun for us
neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 11:15 PM   #646
Rollin22x
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
If he’s on the ice vs Mackinnon it won’t be very fun for us
We will find out
Rollin22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 11:24 PM   #647
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

I remember thinking he was really good in the playoff series against Calgary...mid first round overall pick...this is not some slow bum from the AHL that is only here because size
Old 08-04-2021, 11:36 PM   #648
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
I remember thinking he was really good in the playoff series against Calgary...mid first round overall pick...this is not some slow bum from the AHL that is only here because size

Yes, he was actually talking about that part too. When he discussed his time with the Knights. Who he views as a top notch organization. One of the first things he was asked over there was "why aren't you skating the puck out?". He told them that he wasn't allowed to while playing for the Red Army. They worked with him to improve that part of his game. They even put him on the first power play where he was rather successful. The way Zadorov described it was - "The knights take pride when you develop into a good player". In contrast his time with the Red Army was more focused on team results rather than player development.

I might write up the rest of the interview in the next few days. There Zadorov talks about golf, being a father, the role of his wife in his success, wanting to adopt a child, the London Knights, OHL vs MHL, salaries in the junior leagues, and how Russian players used to manipulate the junior draft. There's just too many interesting topics he covers. I also started fixing some of the spelling and adding more details where I could on the first parts(the first 2 are done).
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gvitaly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2021, 08:01 AM   #649
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had to laugh at this after hearing about MacKinnon's tightly controlled diet and aversion to normal pasta.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1422972519246712835
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2021, 08:15 AM   #650
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I had to laugh at this after hearing about MacKinnon's tightly controlled diet and aversion to normal pasta.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1422972519246712835
Yeah leave it up to Twitter to take things out of context. Zadorov never said he was yelling at people because of food. He meant it more in a way that MacKinnon initiated the transition, and all his teammates agreed. He didn’t try to mention the diet in a negative light whatsoever.

The only thing fans from opposite fan bases want is to mock a team that’s having success. It’s just a stupid way of making themselves feel better about having a worse team than the Avs. I think he showed great leadership in driving his teammates to become better hockey players. Zadorov even said something along the lines that he demands everything from his teammates within their abilities. Maybe I just botched the translation, but I only planned it as a rough draft, and not a source to be quoted and mocked all over the internet.

Anyways I only have respect for both Zadorov and MacKinnon, and hope it doesn’t cause them too much trouble. Otherwise, we will just keep getting generic responses about what really happens behind closed doors.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gvitaly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2021, 09:11 AM   #651
Glassplat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
Yes, he was actually talking about that part too. When he discussed his time with the Knights. Who he views as a top notch organization. One of the first things he was asked over there was "why aren't you skating the puck out?". He told them that he wasn't allowed to while playing for the Red Army. They worked with him to improve that part of his game. They even put him on the first power play where he was rather successful. The way Zadorov described it was - "The knights take pride when you develop into a good player". In contrast his time with the Red Army was more focused on team results rather than player development.

I might write up the rest of the interview in the next few days. There Zadorov talks about golf, being a father, the role of his wife in his success, wanting to adopt a child, the London Knights, OHL vs MHL, salaries in the junior leagues, and how Russian players used to manipulate the junior draft. There's just too many interesting topics he covers. I also started fixing some of the spelling and adding more details where I could on the first parts(the first 2 are done).
Considering how popular your initial translation efforts were received by CP…I know any further tidbits from this interview would be greatly appreciated by the Forum members.
Glassplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:18 AM   #652
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yes, I am loving reading these translated excerpts that you're doing. Great job and would appreciate any other tidbits you could release to us hockey starved fans.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:40 AM   #653
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
The only thing fans from opposite fan bases want is to mock a team that’s having success. It’s just a stupid way of making themselves feel better about having a worse team than the Avs. I think he showed great leadership in driving his teammates to become better hockey players. Zadorov even said something along the lines that he demands everything from his teammates within their abilities. Maybe I just botched the translation, but I only planned it as a rough draft, and not a source to be quoted and mocked all over the internet.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2021, 09:43 AM   #654
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

I must say I'm enjoying the Uber Dietician Nate memes.

You're doing the internet a world of good, gvitaly.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:37 AM   #655
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin22x View Post
We will find out
I have a hard time imaging Zadova playing on the top shut down pairing, as I doubt that Tanev plays with Zadorov.

And Tanev will be on the ice vs that line.

Now, on the PP that might be different, especially if McKinnon's shift gets extended.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 01:26 PM   #656
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

I find myself a little goosebumps thinking about having a other Regher type defenceman who crushes people .

We haven't had one since Regher and I've missed the tunnel of death.

Zad looks like he's got a bomb for a shot as well . After watching several videos numerous times his shot isn't just heavy but accurate.....so no more yelling at my TV hit the F ing net FFS.

I think Darryl and Ryan Huska will have fun with him......he seems like a free spirit , likes to have fun but comes to play.

I get a sense his team mates love the guy. Talking all thr time.

I like our chatterboxes ....between Raz and Tkachuk.....Coleman is a talker too.....I'm already excited for some hockey.

Get him signed Bradley.!!!!!
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EVERLAST For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2021, 03:09 PM   #657
NewFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Last season Flames players always looked tired when they played as a visitor so I thought they may be playing on-line games too much that they are skipping sleep and rest time.
NewFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:18 PM   #658
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Hopefully he can bring his speed up as he mentions in the interview. What made Regher a monster was his deceptive speed. People seemed to think he was this lumbering brute, but the dude could move and close a gap hard and fast.

I imagine there will be a love/hate for Zadorov where he’ll put himself out of position and miss sometimes, but when he connects it’ll be glorious.
The game was nowhere near as fast when Regehr was in his prime. Players like this have a short shelf life these days with a limited skill set.

I chalk this player acquisition up to something similar to Hamonic minus the fact our brainiac GM didn't trade a small ransom for the player this time. It really comes down to what the contract ends up looking like. He's gonna help but I really doubt he moves the needle much when you get right down to it.

Last edited by Hot_Flatus; 08-05-2021 at 03:21 PM.
Hot_Flatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:23 PM   #659
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFan View Post
Last season Flames players always looked tired when they played as a visitor so I thought they may be playing on-line games too much that they are skipping sleep and rest time.
I suspect that should they look tired, on account of sleep deprivation, during the games, Darryl will make it disappear.

Snot bubbling anaerobic practices or on-line games?
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:36 PM   #660
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
I find myself a little goosebumps thinking about having a other Regher type defenceman who crushes people .

We haven't had one since Regher and I've missed the tunnel of death.

Zad looks like he's got a bomb for a shot as well . After watching several videos numerous times his shot isn't just heavy but accurate.....so no more yelling at my TV hit the F ing net FFS.

I think Darryl and Ryan Huska will have fun with him......he seems like a free spirit , likes to have fun but comes to play.

I get a sense his team mates love the guy. Talking all thr time.

I like our chatterboxes ....between Raz and Tkachuk.....Coleman is a talker too.....I'm already excited for some hockey.

Get him signed Bradley.!!!!!
A Regher type dman with a booming shot is likely a HOF. As it was, Regher was a exceptional player.

This guy will never be confused with Regher.

I do like that fact that he's already seems to embraced Calgary. We need more guys like that here.

I also expect that Sutter will get the most out of him.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote