Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2021, 10:55 AM   #2041
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
^ Is it true that a comprehensive insurance claim (ie. hail) doesnt increase your premiums?
Yeah well it depends, not everything is cut and dry.

The flippant response it everyone's insurance is going up. I ain't had a homeowners claims or vehicle claims in 15+ years yet mine goes up.

If you are visiting Calgary from a "non-hail" susceptible area your rates may not be adversely affected, but if you have moved here recently then I reckon they would be.

In short, ain't nothing free in life. If it was me I would straight up ask the question "How are my rates going to change if I submit this claim, any claim?".

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:54 AM   #2042
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

My daughter just bought a 2013 Acura ILX. Really nice car. However, it needs a remote start. Any recommendations on brands and/or features to look for or avoid? Also, the same question for a dash cam.

Thanks.
Titan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:43 AM   #2043
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2 View Post
My daughter just bought a 2013 Acura ILX. Really nice car. However, it needs a remote start. Any recommendations on brands and/or features to look for or avoid? Also, the same question for a dash cam.

Thanks.
Compustar 2 way is what I had installed in mine and love it. I wouldnt bother with a 1 way starter. Simply Structured installed mine and they were great
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calgary14 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2021, 03:53 PM   #2044
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

anyone used blackcircles.ca for tires? how was your experience?
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:49 PM   #2045
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
Really great experiences with them, last two sets of tires have been from them.

Only catch is sometimes sizing can be a little tricky if you’ve got a less common size. I was able to find the right size fronts in a Pilot Sport 4S but not the rears when I looked, ended up with Continentals instead (and happened to save like $400 too).
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2021, 05:53 AM   #2046
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Really great experiences with them, last two sets of tires have been from them.

Only catch is sometimes sizing can be a little tricky if you’ve got a less common size. I was able to find the right size fronts in a Pilot Sport 4S but not the rears when I looked, ended up with Continentals instead (and happened to save like $400 too).
You changed to Contis due to the Michelins being unavailable, or they just sub'd your order?
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:08 AM   #2047
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I decided to change to Continentals, yeah. I couldn’t be arsed to call so I ended up watching a few YouTube videos from Tyre Reviews and the like, and the overwhelming consensus was that the Continentals were 95% of the Michelins and a more comfy tire for $100 less a corner. I’m not competitively driving, and it turned out that there was an extra promo on BlackCircles at the time for Continentals, so it was an easy choice.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:37 AM   #2048
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I decided to change to Continentals, yeah. I couldn’t be arsed to call so I ended up watching a few YouTube videos from Tyre Reviews and the like, and the overwhelming consensus was that the Continentals were 95% of the Michelins and a more comfy tire for $100 less a corner. I’m not competitively driving, and it turned out that there was an extra promo on BlackCircles at the time for Continentals, so it was an easy choice.
Cool. The way I read it, I was just clarifying that they didn't unilaterally choose to swap your rears to Contis and send you a mismatched set... That would be no bueno hahaha
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:39 AM   #2049
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
I've gone Conti on several occasions due to the exact same logic. I've never been disappointed with them.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:11 AM   #2050
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

PS4S are hard to find this year in some sizes, they have supply issues it seems. My buddy dithered on pulling the trigger in March and his car has sat all summer waiting on tires.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 10:28 AM   #2051
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
PS4S are hard to find this year in some sizes, they have supply issues it seems. My buddy dithered on pulling the trigger in March and his car has sat all summer waiting on tires.
There's been warnings of an impending tire shortage due to high demand from China and rubber tree planting impacted by COVID restrictions. I just found out last week BMW started outfitting some M-vehciles with Hankook tires for the first time ever as Continental and Michelin have not been able to meet demand.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 11:47 AM   #2052
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Obviously depends on the size, but I did get some from Urban Expressions with zero delay, about a week and a half ago, in case your friend wants to try.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 11:54 AM   #2053
CrunchBite
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
They were great when I needed a single tire for my wifes car. Silly fast shipping, tire arrived before shipping notices updated.
CrunchBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:11 PM   #2054
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't know cars were coming out with one wheel. That's pretty cool.. must have good turning radius
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:16 PM   #2055
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Obviously depends on the size, but I did get some from Urban Expressions with zero delay, about a week and a half ago, in case your friend wants to try.
Pretty sure that's who he was going through. I had found them on 1010tires back in March but he wasted time going local and they all disappeared.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:56 PM   #2056
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
Cool. The way I read it, I was just clarifying that they didn't unilaterally choose to swap your rears to Contis and send you a mismatched set... That would be no bueno hahaha
Oh heeeeeell no. That wouldn't have gone over very well.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:11 AM   #2057
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been on vacation for the last ten days and came to a few realizations while cruising the highways and campgrounds in BC.

1. The Bronco Sport has started to grow on me. It still isn't very cool looking but it isn't as hideous as I initially thought.
2. The new Land Rover Defender 4 door is a very nice looking vehicle. I saw one decked out with roof storage and ladder and it looked so rugged yet refined and elegant.
3. The Jeep Gladiator has a much larger box than I expected. maybe I wasn't paying very close attention when I've seen them in Calgary but I always thought they had a little mini bed. They are all over the campgrounds and the bed is a great size for gear and bikes.
4. Aston Martin makes an SUV? I had no idea. It was pretty awful looking in general with the exception of the way that they integrated the rear spoiler into the design.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 01:34 PM   #2058
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Just got back last night from driving to Phoenix and back. The speed limit on the Interstate 15 is 80 mph, which is like 130 kph. Throw in some normal speeding and you can set your cruise to 140 kph worry free. What a fataing revelation. It was so awesome. It just boggles my mind we putt along the TransCanada at 110 when we could so easily go so much faster.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 01:35 PM   #2059
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just got back last night from driving to Phoenix and back. The speed limit on the Interstate 15 is 80 mph, which is like 130 kph. Throw in some normal speeding and you can set your cruise to 140 kph worry free. What a fataing revelation. It was so awesome. It just boggles my mind we putt along the TransCanada at 110 when we could so easily go so much faster.
Most people just do easily go so much faster.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 01:52 PM   #2060
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't think I have driven below 100mph while traveling through Wyoming.

I could get behind a summer/winter max speed.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote