Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-14-2021, 11:37 AM   #1401
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
This is always kind of funny to me. 7.2 user score, "generally agreed it's the best," but you look at the scoring and a full 1/3rd of people didn't like it.

More so just the fact that it's not interesting or unique to dislike a game that rates well or vice versa. That seems fairly common.
I mean more by the fact that I assume, 1/3rd to 25% could be related to new users that have tried the game and didn't enjoy.

Most people that I know that have played older MS Flight Simulator games think this is the best one since mid 90's. But I also suspect some of the negative ratings are related to users inability to play the game correctly due to poor PC performance.

I suspect the game being on Game Pass for PC has something to do with the user score being lower as well. Which is going to be the norm moving forward in my opinion. When you give more people access to your games, more people who wouldn't have purchased the game and are newer to the franchises you get more feedback. More positive but also I assume a bunch more negative reviews.

When you give gamers the ability to play more games, you give them the ability to like and dislike more games. Especially if they are trying out a new genre.

Last edited by Since1984; 07-14-2021 at 11:47 AM.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 03:49 PM   #1402
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Tastes in video games probably vary more wildly than in any other media. People want entirely different things out of their gaming experience, and wildly different types of games are accepted as valid.

I don't really care about Doom Eternal, but if it were a movie it'd probably be looked at like a Michael Bay blockbuster and sneered at. But in video games it's just a "whatever floats your boat" sort of thing.
Doom and Doom Eternal are more comparable to Mad Max Fury Road than anything Michael Bay. The story isn't the focus, but there's a lot of neat lore there if you want to look for it. But they've mastered the big action set pieces with tight controls and great weapons
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 04:10 PM   #1403
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flight Simulator is a perfect GamePass game. I don't think they could convince me to pay $80 for it but as a piece of cool tech to chill out with for a while, or throw on to show people some bonkers visuals, it's really neat.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2021, 10:26 AM   #1404
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

User scores on Metacritic aren't exactly useful.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 11:02 AM   #1405
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

A new challenger enters the battlefield!

https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck

Reservations go up tomorrow!

https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck

Last edited by chemgear; 07-15-2021 at 11:25 AM.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2021, 04:03 PM   #1406
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Simulators are pretty niche. People not interested in the core theme won’t tend to stay long, people interested will tend to enjoy it. Nobody fires up Farm Simulator wondering what all of the ancillary hooks will be for someone not in to…farming.

The big news here for me is that a conventional flight sim of this sort has never really been ported to console. I loved flight sim back in the day but the games always tended to outpace the PC’s I had at the time, and not really being much of a PC guy now makes this awesome as hell. And on Gamepass to boot? Brilliant.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:43 PM   #1407
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Free 6 months of Appletv+ on PS5 app today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2021, 08:08 AM   #1408
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

PlayStation 5 Surpasses 10 Million Units Sold, Remains the Fastest Selling Console in Sony Interactive Entertainment History

Quote:
Sony Interactive Entertainment announced today that its newest generation game console, PlayStation®5 (PS5™), has sold through more than 10 million units* globally since first launching on November 12, 2020. PS5 is the fastest-selling console in the company’s history and continues to outpace sales of its predecessor, PlayStation®4 (PS4™).
https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...inment-History

Imagine if there wasn't a parts supply and production shortage...
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2021, 10:36 AM   #1409
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Yep, anything available online still sells out in minutes, to this day.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 12:48 PM   #1410
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cow Disease View Post
Simulators are pretty niche. People not interested in the core theme won’t tend to stay long, people interested will tend to enjoy it. Nobody fires up Farm Simulator wondering what all of the ancillary hooks will be for someone not in to…farming.

The big news here for me is that a conventional flight sim of this sort has never really been ported to console. I loved flight sim back in the day but the games always tended to outpace the PC’s I had at the time, and not really being much of a PC guy now makes this awesome as hell. And on Gamepass to boot? Brilliant.
Not gonna lie, I was geniunely interested in trying Farming Simulator after this video if only to f-ck around.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:35 PM   #1411
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
PlayStation 5 Surpasses 10 Million Units Sold, Remains the Fastest Selling Console in Sony Interactive Entertainment History

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...inment-History

Imagine if there wasn't a parts supply and production shortage...
So it's basically the previous generation again. Except that Nintendo is quietly in the corner printing money like the Fed.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:01 AM   #1412
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
So it's basically the previous generation again. Except that Nintendo is quietly in the corner printing money like the Fed.
Except Xbox is selling alot more consoles this gen and they have the best looking game so far. Even before Forza Horizon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2021, 12:02 AM   #1413
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
And have more triple AAA exclusives in the pipeline.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2021, 06:35 AM   #1414
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah Microsoft definitely stepped it up this generation although the fruits won't be seen until the exclusives start dropping in a few years. Back half of the generation they should have a lot of momentum.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:43 AM   #1415
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dumb question upcoming.

I've never owned any gen of a xBox. Do you require a paid online subscription for multiplayer games like on Playstation?

Man that ticked me off when they quietly introduced paid subscription to play online when the PS4 launched.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:55 AM   #1416
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Dumb question upcoming.

I've never owned any gen of a xBox. Do you require a paid online subscription for multiplayer games like on Playstation?

Man that ticked me off when they quietly introduced paid subscription to play online when the PS4 launched.
Depends. No if the game is free-to-play, yes if it isn’t.

If you get Game Pass Ultimate, it gives you multiplayer and a pretty huge library of games to play.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 02:47 PM   #1417
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
And have more triple AAA exclusives in the pipeline.
And game pass ultimate. Between increased hardware sales and game pass, m$ has to be doing much better financially than last generation.

I loaded up crimson skies last night to play it on the series x as I had finished it on the original Xbox. As far as I got, it’s 4:3 aspect ratio!

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to McG For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2021, 10:17 AM   #1418
YYC in LAX
First Line Centre

Exp:

I purchased a ps5 console edition + extra dual sense controller from Walmart online, but don’t require it at this time due to newborn baby. Would anybody like it for sale price? Please pm. I can provide receipt.

YYC in LAX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to YYC in LAX For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2021, 09:03 PM   #1419
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Except Xbox is selling alot more consoles this gen and they have the best looking game so far. Even before Forza Horizon.
Both XXXS and PS5 are selling faster than the previous generation but it's fairly similar to what they did before. (Data up to May and press releases saying they are selling faster than their respective previous versions). Switch will easily crush the Wii, which is wild.

Last edited by chemgear; 08-06-2021 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:28 AM   #1420
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Looks like Valve is going to make the Steam Deck Windows 11 ready:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/9/22...upport-tpm-amd