Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-17-2022, 12:31 AM   #1081
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
The great imperfection these Warriors have is falling in love with the 3. Their 3 gravity opens up so much room for them on the interior and when they start on the perimeter and then look inside, their offense is unstoppable.
The retired players, coaches, managers, and owners of the ABA are all raising their champagne glasses on the three point line. That revolutionized the game of basketball and the NBA.

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!
hwy19man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 12:43 AM   #1082
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

I did not realize that this was the Warriors' seventh NBA championship which puts them ahead of the Chicago Bulls with six titles. I knew about the four recent titles and the 1975 championship.

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!
hwy19man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 07:04 AM   #1083
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkyiv View Post
He's not ahead of Kobe, come on. I do agree that he's easily in the top 10. The best shooter ever not being in the top 10 would be crazy.
He was ahead of Kobe before last night lol. I don't think there's a particularly compelling argument that Kobe is better other than "Mamba Mentality", which essentially means nothing. And you can't even argue on legacy because Steph has arguably changed the NBA more than any single player in the modern era. In Kobe's last Finals game there were 36 combined three point attempts. A little over a decade later and last night had 74 combined attempts, and that is pretty much a standard NBA game now. Whether you think that's a good thing or a bad thing is in the eye of the beholder, but there is no doubt we are not at this point if Steph didn't make taking obscene amounts of threes, at an efficient %, a viable offensive path.