Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2010, 01:53 PM   #1041
1stLand
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

am I the only one here that thinks Deb knows exactly who is behind the curtain?

The mention of "and you, I know who you are" (after telling Lumen she knows she was the 13th victim) and then saying something about people deserving to die

- flash back to the previous episode when she and Dexter start getting philosophical and she asks Dexter if he thinks that some people deserve to die.

Then after she solves the barrell murder case and Quinn has been incarcerated she mentions how no one really 'knows someone'.
I think she was referring to Quinn AND Dexter.

She also knows that Dexter has been close to Jordan chase (Dexter mentioning he was getting counselling from him)

and she can also put two and two together with Dexter's 'mystery tenant' and the fact that the 13th victim was the vigilante and a woman......
1stLand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1stLand For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #1042
To_be_Quite_Honest
Backup Goalie

Exp:

What happened to the storyline when Deb was looking into Harry's past... wasn't she about to stumble upon the fact Rudy/icetruck killer was dexter's brother, or something to that effect?
To_be_Quite_Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #1043
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Next season will be the killer nanny from hell.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #1044
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
C

Obviously, they were trying to wrap everything up for next season, but they could of done a much better job. The writers wanted to end the Quinn storyline, so now I bet he will not suspect Dexter at all next season. Why else have Liddy play out the way it did, if it wasn't to resolve Quinn's suspicion? Lazy writing, no question about it. Still a good season, but not as good as last.
I would go the other way. Based on the Boat conversation between Dex, Deb and Quinn. Quinn knows that Dex is a killer and that will be a continuing plot point next year. Hall has talked about moving on to do something else and I believe only under contract until next season so there might on;y be one more.

I think it will definitely center on Deb accepting or rejecting dex
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #1045
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Dexter Season 5:

The weakest season in the series to date, IMO. Started slow and never really got up to speed. the so called climax was ANT-climactic. The characters, especially Jordan Chase, just were not as interesting as the many well developed characters in past seasons episodes.

I still love the show but this year's "chapter" was a disappointment. Pretty hard to top season 4 and Lithgow though. Oh well, next year.
Methanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:15 PM   #1046
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanolic View Post
Dexter Season 5:

The weakest season in the series to date, IMO. Started slow and never really got up to speed. the so called climax was ANT-climactic. The characters, especially Jordan Chase, just were not as interesting as the many well developed characters in past seasons episodes.

I still love the show but this year's "chapter" was a disappointment. Pretty hard to top season 4 and Lithgow though. Oh well, next year.
Yeah. Every season will look weak compared to Lithgow's epic performance. However, this season had some good character development particularly in Deb's perspective.
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #1047
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentsim View Post
Yeah. Every season will look weak compared to Lithgow's epic performance. However, this season had some good character development particularly in Deb's perspective.

Perhaps, But season 5 never had me looking forward to Sunday as much as past seasons. It just didn't have me "hooked".
Methanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #1048
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I still think season 4 was one of the finest tv seasons i've ever seen, of any show.
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:57 AM   #1049
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLand View Post
am I the only one here that thinks Deb knows exactly who is behind the curtain?

The mention of "and you, I know who you are" (after telling Lumen she knows she was the 13th victim) and then saying something about people deserving to die

- flash back to the previous episode when she and Dexter start getting philosophical and she asks Dexter if he thinks that some people deserve to die.

Then after she solves the barrell murder case and Quinn has been incarcerated she mentions how no one really 'knows someone'.
I think she was referring to Quinn AND Dexter.

She also knows that Dexter has been close to Jordan chase (Dexter mentioning he was getting counselling from him)

and she can also put two and two together with Dexter's 'mystery tenant' and the fact that the 13th victim was the vigilante and a woman......
i don't think so.....deb was just saying i know who you are in reference to her vigilante+helper theory and her conversation with dexter was one of the things that changed deb's character (or revealed it)
secol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:25 AM   #1050
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

+1 to the anti-climatic part... what did Quinn say to the lawyer he asked for?

What about the car crash?

I would have liked to see something different... Chase killing Luman then waiting for Dexter, Deb finding Dexter, the ending of Quinn being in holding and stairing down Dexter...
The Following User Says Thank You to Phanuthier For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #1051
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Forget about the blood....the real question is where the hell are all the kids at Harrison's party?
Old 12-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #1052
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Forget about the blood....the real question is where the hell are all the kids at Harrison's party?
It was his first birthday, and we've never really seen him spending any time around other children. The only people the kid knows are his family and the Miami Metro Homicide Division.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #1053
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

Actually the more and more I read comments about the finale, the more and more I appreciate the finale. Dexter isn't really a show about details (like Lost) or drama (like 24) its about characters. Season 1 set the premise when Dexter said in Florida something like 70% of homicides go unsolved, and lots of details are skipped over the years. You think back to what makes Dexter great, its about how well the characters are done. Compare and contrast of a brother (season 1), seduction and daring (season 2), a politician (season 3), a father (season 4), a love interest bound by loss (season 5).... compare and contrast how Dexter and Deb have developed over the years. Stories escalate, not special effects or big jaw droppers (other than Ritas death) or anything like that... its climax buildups like Dexter dragging Lithgow into the kitchen, or beating the child beater dad this season. Dexter may have been formula but more and more, especially this season, he finds Harry's rules aren't always black and white. Same thing with Deb. SPOILERS IN WHITE FOR SEASON 6 comments from exec prod that inevitably, Deb will find out about Dexter and this ending seemed to give a progression of the 2 paths crossing... though having Quinn stair down Dexter at the end would be a great ending without a necessary cliffhanger. By having Deb let Dexter/Luman go, it does nicely setup season 6 for Deb letting rules slide and forgiving vigalantte's. The setup was set when Deb shot the guy in the nightclub and Deb said she felt nothing. Also the scene of Dexter ending with the fake smile also sets up for a lot of different possibilities, and leaves the door wide open for everything.

Last edited by Phanuthier; 12-14-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Phanuthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:07 AM   #1054
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just caught up and watched all seasons.

Julia Stiles is not bit attractive here or any other time. Hope they don't bring her back.

Season 5 was crap, after season 4 and the insane ending it had me really looking forward to watching 5 but it really disappointed. The whole story of Dex having a partner just doesn't jive...it didn't with Prado and didn't here either.

I hope the series goes out with a bang next year. Debra is so close, Quinn is so close, Doakes had him. Anyone think they should've saved season 2 as the last season? Dex dying or being captured in the end?

Anyways, I am looking forward to next season and see what they think of. I really liked 1, 2 and 4 but 3 and 5 not much.

Also, no one ever notices Dex's SUV on the street when he's spying on his kills. Then someone goes missing and there is usually no investigation or a complaint? I'm talking about the smaller kills (like the very first kill of season 1, the boy killer).

Good show though, was my first non-comedy series I was watching, any other decent ones out there?
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:49 AM   #1055
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Man, I avoided reading this thread because I wanted to enjoy the afterglow of yet another great Dexter season, knowing you buzzkills would ruin it

I don't get it, Dexter is one of the best TV series ever, and this season was yet again highly entertaining and I for one loved Julia Stiles' character.

I keep seeing Louis CK's standup in my mind when reading these thread about how our modern spoiled society is nothing but complainers, so hard to please people these days.

I love you Dexter! (The show, not the guy. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I know many gay people.... my father was gay)
Old 01-09-2011, 10:40 PM   #1056
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Just finished it last night. Hard to follow season 4. I still really enjoyed it and thought they did a pretty good job. Probably my second least favorite season (ahead of 3), but compared to everything else on TV it's still gold.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #1057
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

New promo released today by Showtime:

Nothing new really, but interesting that there's no mention of the events of the last season. Perhaps they plan on running the promo during rebroadcasts of the last season and don't want to spoil it.

Also, Colin Hanks has signed on to join the cast next season: http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/dexter...anks-spoilers/

No word on what his role will be. Apparently, there won't be a "big bad" like in previous seasons.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #1058
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Good show though, was my first non-comedy series I was watching, any other decent ones out there?
Breaking Bad
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #1059
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cool promo, but doesn't really tell you much, which is fine in my books. Hearing Debra's voice at the end was kinda intriguing.

How much more does this show have left?? 2 seasons at most IMO.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #1060
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't wait.

Still haven't seen Season 1. Need to do that.