Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2008, 12:23 AM   #81
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

great finale. after that final "confrontation", all i could think was damn Dexter is hardcore. love how the show keeps evolving season after season, entirely new ruleset for the writers to play with next year. the wait is really gonna suck now
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:12 AM   #82
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know it was the end of the season, but I would like stuff not to finish with a finely knotted bow. I'd like some things to keep us waiting. It was pretty much a foregone conclusion what was going to happen at the end of the eipsode. Although I did like the whole Rita and teenage marriage thing. That came outta nowhere, but they kind of resolved it and I would doubt if it's ever brought up again.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:22 AM   #83
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
I know it was the end of the season, but I would like stuff not to finish with a finely knotted bow. I'd like some things to keep us waiting. It was pretty much a foregone conclusion what was going to happen at the end of the eipsode. Although I did like the whole Rita and teenage marriage thing. That came outta nowhere, but they kind of resolved it and I would doubt if it's ever brought up again.
I highly doubt they will bring that up again. Dexter has his fair share of secrets so Rita is allowed one or two as well.

I am excited to see how much information Debra will be able to find out about Dexters mother next season.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #84
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a great season. I watched the first two by renting the DVD and watching back-to-back-to-back episodes. I thought I would die having to wait a week between episodes, but it thoroughly enhanced the show for me.

This might be nit-picking and maybe I over-estimate the abilities of forensics because of CSI, but the skinner would remove patches of skin to torture his victims. I assume that Dexter strangled Miguel and then removed patches of skin in order to frame the skinner as the killer. Can't forensic pathologists tell whether a wound was pre or post-mortem? I assume there would be an autopsy to ensure Miguel's killing was correctly linked to the skinner rather than a copycat (due to Miguel's public stature).

I saw nothing in the second last episode to indicate that Dexter did the skinning while Miguel was unconscious (and that would be opposite of Dexter's MO - to torture rather than just kill).

Anyways, I love where this show is going... the creators definitely opened up some interesting avenues to pursue next season with Debra digging into Dexter's past a little. I wonder who will be set up to become Dexter's nemesis in season 4?
Clever_Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:35 AM   #85
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever_Iggy View Post
This might be nit-picking and maybe I over-estimate the abilities of forensics because of CSI, but the skinner would remove patches of skin to torture his victims. I assume that Dexter strangled Miguel and then removed patches of skin in order to frame the skinner as the killer. Can't forensic pathologists tell whether a wound was pre or post-mortem? I assume there would be an autopsy to ensure Miguel's killing was correctly linked to the skinner rather than a copycat (due to Miguel's public stature).
I thought the same thing at the end of last weeks show. We don't know what Dexter did to Miguel while he was out though before he strangled him. Since we didn't see, I am assuming the skin was already removed before Miguel woke up to be strangled.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:53 AM   #86
enthused
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I thought it was a good season finale! Definitely curious to see how much Deb is going to find out about Dexter's mother, and how its going to affect her and Dexter's relationship.

I'm disappointed the season is over though, I don't want to have to wait any length of time until the next one! Anyone have an idea when the 4th season is expected?

ps. Maybe this should be in the confessions thread, but despite the whole serial killer thing, I totally have the hots for Dexter.
enthused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #87
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great season, but maybe I'm the only one was left a little wanting from the finale episode. The season wrapped up a little to cleanly and too easily for my liking. I didn't want a huge mystery to keep us guessing for all these months like Dex being captive and we have to wait so long to find out what happens, but this was just too easy and too nice. There are some storylines to keep us wondering (Deb's check into the mother, for example), I suppose, but an obvious cliffhanger would have been nice.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #88
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Great season, but maybe I'm the only one was left a little wanting from the finale episode. The season wrapped up a little to cleanly and too easily for my liking. I didn't want a huge mystery to keep us guessing for all these months like Dex being captive and we have to wait so long to find out what happens, but this was just too easy and too nice. There are some storylines to keep us wondering (Deb's check into the mother, for example), I suppose, but an obvious cliffhanger would have been nice.
I just don't think that's the style of this show. Both previous seasons have wrapped with the major storyline being concluded (Season 1 - Dexter's brother killed and therefore the ice-truck killer case closed; Season 2 - Sarg. Doak's & Lila's death kept Dexter's secret safe). The smaller storylines are carried over which gives the series a nice sense of continuity without the cookie-cutter suspense of a cliff-hanger.
Clever_Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #89
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthused View Post
Anyone have an idea when the 4th season is expected?
From what I have been able to find on teh internetz we are going to have to wait until next fall.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:24 PM   #90
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever_Iggy View Post
I just don't think that's the style of this show. Both previous seasons have wrapped with the major storyline being concluded (Season 1 - Dexter's brother killed and therefore the ice-truck killer case closed; Season 2 - Sarg. Doak's & Lila's death kept Dexter's secret safe). The smaller storylines are carried over which gives the series a nice sense of continuity without the cookie-cutter suspense of a cliff-hanger.
I have to agree. There was enough changes at the end of the season, with the wedding that there is anticipation for the next season without some cheezy cliffhanger ending.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:31 PM   #91
enthused
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
From what I have been able to find on teh internetz we are going to have to wait until next fall.
Damn... guess I am going to have to start re-watching episodes from the start then, so I can get my Dexter fill.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #92
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthused View Post
Damn... guess I am going to have to start re-watching episodes from the start then, so I can get my Dexter fill.
Yeah, I am going to do that. This Mrs. missed most of S2 so we will probably rewatch all of those.

I miss Doaks.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #93
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, there was Dexter's blood dripping on Rita's dress. Somehow that has to tie into a new storyline.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #94
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The blood dripping on the dress will be big to start the season. I am assuming Dexter didn't have time to clean up the warehouse where he was cut so I am assuming he will have to examine it or what not.

Good episode, great show.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #95
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Well, there was Dexter's blood dripping on Rita's dress. Somehow that has to tie into a new storyline.
I thought it was just symbolism with Dexter, the blood expert, dripping blood on to his new bride's white dress.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #96
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galakanokis View Post
The blood dripping on the dress will be big to start the season. I am assuming Dexter didn't have time to clean up the warehouse where he was cut so I am assuming he will have to examine it or what not.

Good episode, great show.
I doubt it. Dex is too smart for such a rookie mistake. However, it would be very ironic for a blood-spatter expert to be taken down by a drop of blood.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #97
enthused
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
Yeah, I am going to do that. This Mrs. missed most of S2 so we will probably rewatch all of those.

I miss Doaks.
Yeah, good call. My boyfriend has never seen the show, so maybe I'll force him to watch it with me this time around.

Has anyone read the books at all? I read all three of them before I watched the show. They were an easy read, but pretty entertaining, and they made me curious as to how they would be able to translate into a TV show. I definitely think the show goes above and beyond the books. The show doesn't really follow the books, and I actually think its a good thing.

Basically I can't say enough about the show!
Old 12-15-2008, 02:58 PM   #98
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the blood on the dress was just not so subtle imagery. Bliss and Violence, even the innocent moments have a hint of the horror.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:59 PM   #99
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaFrapp View Post
I thought it was just symbolism with Dexter, the blood expert, dripping blood on to his new bride's white dress.
Oh, so you think they'll just leave it at that.

That's a spin I hadn't thought of, interesting.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:49 PM   #100
chid
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

omg that was a great season, I thought that dripping blood on Rita's dress was definitely a sign that she may start to figure things out about him. I haven't read the books but I believe the fourth one is Dexter by Design? I cannot wait for the next season
chid is offline   Reply With Quote