Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2020, 10:20 AM   #2841
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
I kept critically damaging the ICON with my reckless flight maneuvers, so I've switched to the Diamond.
The ICON is definitely not a plane designed for high performance maneuvering (as Roy Halladay found out the hard way), but it's great for steady flight at low speeds, so it's become my go-to aircraft for sightseeing in FS2020.
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2020, 11:01 AM   #2842
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
Ya I am planning to wait on BG3 and I am sure it's going to be amazing when it's out of early access. Plus, I still have to run through Pillars of Eternity 2 and Disco Elysium. Working my way through Horizon Zero Dawn right now on PC. It's a shame the port was so poorly handled because the game has been a lot of fun. Haven't had too many issues myself and I am sure they'll iron out the problems. Going forward, I hope Sony puts a little more effort into this if they plan to port over more games.
I'm hoping Microsoft's focus shift to make all their exclusives available on PC will push Sony eventually doing the same

Last edited by btimbit; 08-20-2020 at 11:08 AM.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:06 AM   #2843
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I have emerged from my Witcher 3 cave into the sunlight, I am un sure what day, time, year, century it is... but I am sure of one thing, that game is beyond epic. Like just wow, some of those story line quests, especially The One (you know what im talking about) were very, very fun and among the best singe player experiences I've ever had.

Tough act to follow, but next up I've got the new Avengers game pre ordered, there was an open beta this past weekend but I missed it. Looking forward to trying it during the open beta. Anyone else tried this game or going to try it out?

I figure it will keep me busy until Squadrons comes out and consumes my life.
Have you played either of the Witcher's expansion packs? If not, back into the cave you go! They are just as great as the main game, some parts even more so.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:10 AM   #2844
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
I'm hoping Microsoft's focus shift to make all their exclusives available on PC as well will push Sony eventually doing the same
Whether you play a game on an Xbox or a Windows 10 machine doesn't matter to Microsoft, but it absolutely matters to Sony when it's between a PC and PS4/5. You might see more ports of PS4 exclusives, but only at the point where Sony is sure that the console version sales are pretty much tapped
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:37 AM   #2845
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I have emerged from my Witcher 3 cave into the sunlight, I am un sure what day, time, year, century it is... but I am sure of one thing, that game is beyond epic. Like just wow, some of those story line quests, especially The One (you know what im talking about) were very, very fun and among the best singe player experiences I've ever had.

Tough act to follow, but next up I've got the new Avengers game pre ordered, there was an open beta this past weekend but I missed it. Looking forward to trying it during the open beta. Anyone else tried this game or going to try it out?

I figure it will keep me busy until Squadrons comes out and consumes my life.
I completed Witcher 3 main quest line last week at Level ~34 or so. I am just started the expansions now. What a great game! Thoroughly enjoyed every part of it.

I will re-spec and change my play style for the remainder of the game to mix it up.

Witcher 3 and Breath of the Wild are my top games of the decade.
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 12:16 AM   #2846
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just found story of the seasons friends of mineral town for the switch. Harvest moon friends of mineral town was one of my favorite games growing up it has been great so far
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:02 AM   #2847
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been playing The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan on gamepass recently. I'm really enjoying it. Got decent reviews from some sites, nothing stellar. But I'm really enjoying it overall. Definitely has a Resident Evil vibe to it, minus all the violence. But same style of game play as the original RE1 and RE2. Similar camera angles and finicky controls. The dark moody graphics are amazing though. Some of the best I've seen on Xbox. Cool story too and worth playing if want a neat linear horror game.
Old 08-21-2020, 03:37 PM   #2848
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I almost never buy games at launch, but for this I may have to make an exception

Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2020, 04:14 PM   #2849
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I almost never buy games at launch, but for this I may have to make an exception

Already pre-ordered it! You can download the warehouse demo too for this. Get your practice on.
Old 08-21-2020, 04:21 PM   #2850
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default The Video Game Thread v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
I've been playing The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan on gamepass recently. I'm really enjoying it. Got decent reviews from some sites, nothing stellar. But I'm really enjoying it overall. Definitely has a Resident Evil vibe to it, minus all the violence. But same style of game play as the original RE1 and RE2. Similar camera angles and finicky controls. The dark moody graphics are amazing though. Some of the best I've seen on Xbox. Cool story too and worth playing if want a neat linear horror game.

Play Until Dawn if you have a PS4. It’s the same developer.

I bought Man of Medan at launch and planned on playing with my two nieces but other than one time when we got through the first chapter they never want to play when they come over. Eventually I’m just going to play it solo since the next game called Little Hope is coming out soon.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:06 PM   #2851
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup, I pre-ordered THPS 1+2 and have been spending some time getting my groove back in the Warehouse level.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:17 PM   #2852
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Played through this online with a friend a month ago and had a great time. It ended rather abruptly but the experience was very cool. Also ran through it with a group of 5 and I have to say, I much preferred the 2 player shared story vs the movie night mode.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:03 PM   #2853
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The style reminds me of Heavy rain and Until Dawn was already mentioned.

If going for something a little more light hearted, game play also reminds me a little bit of of Life is Strange 1 & 2.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:14 PM   #2854
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man of Medan has online co-op with a very cool twist. If you have the chance, play it online with a friend. I liked Until Dawn (PlayStation exclusive though) more than Man of Medan, but it’s still very cool. I’m excited for their game., Little Hope:

I’ve been playing the THPS1+2 Warehouse demo. That game genuinely makes me smile. What an absolute pleasure to play that again. I’d also recommend the documentary that just came out the other day - Pretending I’m Superman: The Tony Hawk Video Game Story.

Last edited by ComixZone; 08-21-2020 at 10:18 PM.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 09:32 AM   #2855
steveo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Fall Guys is free with PS+ this month so hopefully you didn't buy it? or playing on Xbox/PC?
We are playing on PC - unfortunately had to buy it, haha

it's been fun though so it has been worth it.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steveo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2020, 01:39 PM   #2856
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 08-22-2020, 08:19 PM   #2857
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 08:52 PM   #2858
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty excited about Gotham Knights. Suicide Squad isn't as appealing to me, but it is Rocksteady so hopefully it's really good.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 09:16 PM   #2859
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gotham Knights looks pretty cool, Suicide Squad is so far away I can’t make myself care yet. Also not a property I have any love for, and it has a big focus on co-op. We’ll see.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 10:43 PM   #2860
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Gotham Knights looks awesome.