Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2017, 12:26 PM   #1501
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

I think it's a budget thing. Hard to keep up with that many gun fights and stay within budget for the season.
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:41 PM   #1502
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

The storytelling format in particular has killed these first 2 episodes. Flipping back and forth in time with little to no context... So bad.

I also hate every scene with Ezekiel.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:52 PM   #1503
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Time to do some cleanup and kill off some of these characters. Start with Ezekiel. That episode was a mess.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:11 PM   #1504
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So did people enjoy the mindless action/gunfight episode?

Looks like they made a point of giving fans what they were clamouring for for seasons.

Seems like a lot of dissatisfaction still. Pretty hilarious.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:13 PM   #1505
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
So did people enjoy the mindless action/gunfight episode?

Looks like they made a point of giving fans what they were clamouring for for seasons.

Seems like a lot of dissatisfaction still. Pretty hilarious.
A less confusing gunfight would have been nice.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:15 PM   #1506
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

And are we supposed to have fangasms at some character that appeared in a couple episodes several years ago?

Thought he was a meatier Shane for a moment. See now that would've been good. er..uh..Morales? Who cares.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:38 PM   #1507
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
And are we supposed to have fangasms at some character that appeared in a couple episodes several years ago?

Thought he was a meatier Shane for a moment. See now that would've been good. er..uh..Morales? Who cares.
I'm pretty sure no one is fangasming over Morales. Who he is isn't relevant to anything. It's just to juxtapose the path that Rick took over the years. Two people from the same starting point ending up on opposite sides.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:58 PM   #1508
Hitman88
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Last night on the Walking Dead:
Hitman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hitman88 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #1509
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

For all the "action" last nights episode was a real snoozer. There is no clear direction as to what is going on.

The gun fight they kept going back to with Aaron leading the charge was ridiculous. What is the goal there?

And I have pretty much zero recollection of who Morales was. I have to think that only the most hardcore fan would have had an inkling of an idea of his prior existence.
greyshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:26 PM   #1510
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Can we rename the thread to "why I hate the walking dead TV show"

Or maybe "I got 99 problems with last nights episode but Daryl ain't one"
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to speede5 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #1511
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyshep View Post

And I have pretty much zero recollection of who Morales was. I have to think that only the most hardcore fan would have had an inkling of an idea of his prior existence.
I consider myself to be a pretty big fan of the show, and I couldn't for the life of me remember who the hell that character was. I had to google it.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:17 PM   #1512
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Say what you want about this year but one thing is undeniable. They are not attracting any new viewers whatsoever based on this approach. These 2 episodes have been nonsense and the reason to watch is because of some payoff from previous episodes. Admittedly I didn’t give this episode my full attention but I couldn’t begin to explain to someone what happened.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:10 AM   #1513
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was muddled for sure, but I thought it was pretty clear what they were doing.

Last week they attacked Negan's compound and trapped him and his men among a herd of zombies.

This week they attacked a bunch of Saviour outposts including one where they apparently store a bunch of guns.

They did all of this using information they got from the dude with the burned face, who has secretly turned on Negan.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:58 AM   #1514
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
It was muddled for sure, but I thought it was pretty clear what they were doing.

Last week they attacked Negan's compound and trapped him and his men among a herd of zombies.

This week they attacked a bunch of Saviour outposts including one where they apparently store a bunch of guns.

They did all of this using information they got from the dude with the burned face, who has secretly turned on Negan.
Yeah...I liked the episode. My only complaint was that the Aaron attack scene was hard to follow, as they kept switching camera angles and you were essentially dealing with a bunch of red shirts. It was difficult to see who was on what side. They seemed to do this on purpose to portray the "horrors of war", but it didn't really work. The tactical action from the other groups invading the various outposts was much more interesting. They also should have spent more time developing Eric's character, as it would have given that scene more meaning.

Other than that the episode was pretty great. I thought they did a great job of mixing in character development with the action. Darryl comes across an old cell, Morgan goes on a murder spree, etc..
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2017, 11:10 AM   #1515
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I agree that they should have spent more time on Eric, but I thought it was well filmed given that the focus of the scene was on him and his anxiety about his own safety and the safety of the people he cares about. Rick and Ezekiel can make rousing speeches about how they've "already won", but a lot of people who have to fight the fight itself are just normal people, not battle-hardened veterans. I presume the viewer was intended to stand in his shoes, because we'd all be pretty freaked out in a protracted firefight like that. It was basically trench warfare with zombies.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:29 AM   #1516
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only reason why i watch this show anymore is Negan and he wasn't even in the last episode during all out war. They really messed it up. Instead they gave us 15 mins of a crappy gun fight scene with unlimited ammo and the shooting accuracy of a storm trooper.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:32 AM   #1517
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
The only reason why i watch this show anymore is Negan and he wasn't even in the last episode during all out war. They really messed it up. Instead they gave us 15 mins of a crappy gun fight scene with unlimited ammo and the shooting accuracy of a storm trooper.
I actually found the shooting accuracy pretty accurate in this one. There were many deaths and hits. In a firefight like that you'd expect to see a lot of wasted ammo. Particularly with those kinds of weapons and relatively untrained fighters. Obviously some of the main characters weren't hit immediately, but that's basically how all fictional storytelling works.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:04 PM   #1518
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I actually found the shooting accuracy pretty accurate in this one. There were many deaths and hits. In a firefight like that you'd expect to see a lot of wasted ammo. Particularly with those kinds of weapons and relatively untrained fighters. Obviously some of the main characters weren't hit immediately, but that's basically how all fictional storytelling works.
Everything in that environment is bullet proof.

The table, even if metal would have been Swiss cheese, it really is the most painful part of the show for me. Even the metal they put on the vehicles would have been ripped to shreds.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:13 PM   #1519
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Everything in that environment is bullet proof.

The table, even if metal would have been Swiss cheese, it really is the most painful part of the show for me. Even the metal they put on the vehicles would have been ripped to shreds.
I dont want to get too bogged down in the details and what is and isnt bullet-proof, but even I had a hard time with that. I'm a fan of the show, I like it even when its not at its best.

But thats just corrugated sheet metal. Bullet proof? That stuff isnt even largely water-proof.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:26 PM   #1520
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whenever something about the physics of the Walking Dead bothers you, just remember it can't get much worse than this.

Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post: