Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-11-2018, 09:02 PM   #1481
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragileMind View Post
Looks like Delacours annual is going up to $2900.Discounts for early purchase,so if your looking,pick it up soon.$2600-feb 15,$2700-mar 15,$2800 apr 15.

Looking at RS this season.$2700.I think I could be happy playing Millburn,Cattails 15 min from home.Just needs to figure out what times of day that combo tees off.
Before 9:58 AM and after 5:10 PM - if they kept the same rotation going as when I worked there.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:01 AM   #1482
FragileMind
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
Before 9:58 AM and after 5:10 PM - if they kept the same rotation going as when I worked there.

Well that's not gonna work very well.Only play the occasional morning round(usually Mondays) as I work nights.Prefer to get out a little earlier than 5:00 on the weekends.Thanks.
FragileMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:11 PM   #1483
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bump - just ordered my annual membership at the Winston. Really excited to be back after being an intermediate member a few years back.

Another question - does anyone recommend a place for getting new fitted golf clubs in Calgary? My clubs are 10+ years old and off the shelf. I've been told they are far too short me (I'm 6'5). I'm fine with paying a higher price for custom fitting and quality that will last me another 10 years. Anyone have any advice? Thanks!
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:08 PM   #1484
CarlLester
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

For club fitting it may depend if you have a brand preference. Most private and semi-private clubs will do fitting, often specializing in a particular brand or two. I got mine done at Country Hills even though I am not a member there. You can look on the manufacturer websites and it will give you locations of authorized fitters. I would think you could even get your clubs fit at the Winston.

Otherwise you can check out places like the RCGA (I haven't had great experiences with Ted, but know others who have had a fine time), Simply Golf (I haven't used them since they moved to the golf dome but used to like their service) as well as other custom fitters around town (eg. Erickson Custom Golf).

You can also try Golf Town. No idea how good they are at fitting, but they do have a large selection and can do custom orders for you.
CarlLester is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CarlLester For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2018, 04:45 PM   #1485
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Carl has good suggestions.

Blue Devil is the Taylor Made performance center for Calgary.

Country Hills is the Titleist Premier Fitting Center.

Not sure about Callaway anymore.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:01 PM   #1486
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks all - anyone have experience with these guys: http://www.tdcustomgolf.com/

I just got off the phone with them. Seem to be good but pricey.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:36 PM   #1487
CarlLester
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J pold View Post
Thanks all - anyone have experience with these guys: http://www.tdcustomgolf.com/

Yes. Sorry this is who i meant when i referred to RCGA in my previous post. Ted is a good fitter. I will never use him because he tore a strip off me for looking at a putter several years ago and he was extremely rude to my buddy who was looking to buy clubs from him. Flip side is I know just as many people who have had a good experience there.

Are his fitting fees waived if you buy clubs through him? When I was fit for my Titleist at Country Hills, the fitting was free when the clubs were purchased. Otherwise, the pro was paid for his time.

Aaaand I see Ted is retired now. I have no experience with the other guys. Would be willing to give them a shot.

Last edited by CarlLester; 02-27-2018 at 05:43 PM. Reason: additional content
CarlLester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:35 AM   #1488
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Bump - just ordered my annual membership at the Winston. Really excited to be back after being an intermediate member a few years back.

Another question - does anyone recommend a place for getting new fitted golf clubs in Calgary? My clubs are 10+ years old and off the shelf. I've been told they are far too short me (I'm 6'5). I'm fine with paying a higher price for custom fitting and quality that will last me another 10 years. Anyone have any advice? Thanks!
Can you say a little bit more about what exactly you are after, I might be able to give you a bit more direction.

I'm assuming you are an avid golfer if you've pulled the trigger on a membership.

Calgary doesn't really have an elite level custom golf shop. Closest is in Vancouver... Check out Modern Golf.

I've been to Hot Stix in Phoenix about 5 years ago for a driver fitting. It cost about $100 US and lasted a couple hours. They measure you up and get you to hit your current driver a few times on a Trackman. You then get to hit their optimum set up for you. If you buy from them they credit you the fee against your purchase. If you truly are after the bleeding edge exotic stuff, you will have to travel. And it's not cheap. I'm talking $1000 for a current model with a custom shaft.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:01 AM   #1489
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I went for a club fitting at simply golf here in Calgary. they are located in the golfdome just off of macleod - right in the heart of the golf district

http://www.simplygolfclubs.ca/home.html
Old 02-28-2018, 02:58 PM   #1490
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Can you say a little bit more about what exactly you are after, I might be able to give you a bit more direction.

I'm assuming you are an avid golfer if you've pulled the trigger on a membership.

Calgary doesn't really have an elite level custom golf shop. Closest is in Vancouver... Check out Modern Golf.

I've been to Hot Stix in Phoenix about 5 years ago for a driver fitting. It cost about $100 US and lasted a couple hours. They measure you up and get you to hit your current driver a few times on a Trackman. You then get to hit their optimum set up for you. If you buy from them they credit you the fee against your purchase. If you truly are after the bleeding edge exotic stuff, you will have to travel. And it's not cheap. I'm talking $1000 for a current model with a custom shaft.
Thanks – mainly what I need is new irons but depending on costs I may just setup and get new woods/wedges. I got a decedent putter a few years ago so I am good there. I’d say I’m a golfer…maybe not “avid”. I played 22 rounds last year but it was a super busy summer with weddings etc. This year I’m hoping to play around 40 rounds. I’m a about a 16 handicap.

The clubs I have now are Cobras about 10 years old and off the self. They are in decent condition but I’ve been wanting something new/fitted for a few years and now is the time. I don’t care much for any particular brand but do want something of quality. I don’t want to blow my brains out on price either. Ideally under 3K for irons/woods if possible.

Does that help? Really appreciate your insight. I’m going to be in Vancouver next weekend and might make an appointment with Modern Golf.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:33 AM   #1491
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I were you, you I'd book a fitting for irons at Modern Golf. That will be the best bang for your buck. You can find a good enough driver fitting around Calgary.

I'm 6'1" and have my clubs +1/2" over standard.

At your height, you'd definitely need to get longer shafts. Unfortunately this means paying rack prices and having them custom built.

Once you are fitted for the specs, you can buy from GolfTown or better through the proshop at the Winston if they give you a better price. In the case of Titleist, they will come from the same facility.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:07 AM   #1492
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I bought and had my clubs cut (I’m just a 5’7 little guy) and fitted at Golf Town last year. Best golf of my life.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:16 AM   #1493
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Golfers of all skill levels can benefit from getting fit for their clubs. In most cases all that's needed is a lie adjustment. If you need adjustments to the length they can order that for you. Only drawback is having to wait for them to be made and shipped. You lose out on the instant gratification of a guilty purchase...

In the case of Ping and Titleist this is included in the price. Not sure about TM or Callaway.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:59 PM   #1494
Cuz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Golfers of all skill levels can benefit from getting fit for their clubs. In most cases all that's needed is a lie adjustment. If you need adjustments to the length they can order that for you. Only drawback is having to wait for them to be made and shipped. You lose out on the instant gratification of a guilty purchase...

In the case of Ping and Titleist this is included in the price. Not sure about TM or Callaway.
I know that for TaylorMade, lie, loft and length adjustments are free of charge and there would only be an upcharge if the customer wanted a shaft that carried an upcharge. I would be surprised if Callaway, Mizuno, Cobra, et al. would charge for a lie, loft or length adjustment. Most custom orders take about two weeks to receive.
Cuz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2018, 11:35 PM   #1495
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

I got fit by Ted a few years back for Irons and a Driver. It was a waste of time and money. The box my clubs came in said Golf Town on it, not shipped from the manufacturer like i was told. I paid for a lie and length fitting for my Irons but got clubs standard off the rack from Golf Town. I phoned Ted and made a complaint he denied it. That was my experience with him. Ps that was my first custom fitting and he fit me for the wrong shafts too after i said they felt loose. I sold those clubs after two months of terrible golf. I got fit at a Callaway Demo day and have enjoyed my new clubs for three seasons.

Last edited by Kybb79; 03-05-2018 at 11:52 PM.
Kybb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kybb79 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2018, 09:34 AM   #1496
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks everyone for their feedback. I have made an appointment with Modern Golf for Friday - super pumped!
Old 03-07-2018, 10:32 AM   #1497
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just a heads up that Kananaskis starts taking tee times for the whole season starting on monday at 8 am.

Get in early if you want a good tee time!
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:33 AM   #1498
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shhhhhhhhhhhh
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2018, 10:44 AM   #1499
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Im curious if it is only prime times that will book up quickly and getting a time on some random weekday morning will still be possible a week or so in advance.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:34 PM   #1500
RussianSpy
Draft Pick

Has anyone been able to track down an ETA on when Mt. Kidd would open?
RussianSpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow