Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2023, 01:17 PM   #161
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So why not just take something out of their laundry basket? If they haven't paid for it yet and don't technically own it yet it should be well within your rights to rummage through that basket.

I know I don't have the stones for it...
Old 06-07-2023, 01:55 PM   #162
ShotDownInFlames12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Stealing? Lol. Not even close.

Next time call the police and tell them that they are stealing. Please let us know what they say.

Nothing is stopping you from going and talking to them and asking them for stuff or better yet just start pulling stuff out. Again. Please report back.
ShotDownInFlames12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 02:01 PM   #163
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Not everyone can afford to take a day of work or away from their families. From the sounds of it it's 5-6 people who are the problem and they've formed some kind of little mafia, where they grab all the good stuff and take it to their own area. It's not just a question of getting there before them and then grabbing an item or two you really want, as they are grabbing all the items as soon as the doors open.

So getting ahead of them in line, then rushing to the table and beating them at their own game - which likely means you grabbing all the stuff off a rack and putting it in your own little area - is going to be pretty tough. Why would you want to do that anyways?

Having a handful of scalpers grab an entire rack of items and then sit in a corner with them for hours while they decide what to buy is absurd and totally against the spirit of any sale. If you tried that at any other store, you'd be thrown out.

Those items also belong to the Flames until the purchase is made. I'd have a mind just to walk up to their little table and grab the stuff.
I get all of that... but your first sentence is the crux of my point. "Not everyone can afford to take a day of work or away from their families."

You have just pointed out that there is value is people taking a day off work and/or away from their families. I can't quantify what the value is for you or anyone else. But that value that you refuse to pay is related directly to the value of getting to the front of the line and doing what they do.

I'm neither for or against what they are doing. I'm simply pointing out they are paying a price to do that. It's a price others could pay but do not find the value in doing so.
Old 06-07-2023, 02:36 PM   #164
hah
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
I get all of that... but your first sentence is the crux of my point. "Not everyone can afford to take a day of work or away from their families."

You have just pointed out that there is value is people taking a day off work and/or away from their families. I can't quantify what the value is for you or anyone else. But that value that you refuse to pay is related directly to the value of getting to the front of the line and doing what they do.

I'm neither for or against what they are doing. I'm simply pointing out they are paying a price to do that. It's a price others could pay but do not find the value in doing so.

"Season ticket holders" who buy products with the intention of reselling them for a higher price, known as "collectors," are not helping those who are unable to take time off work to purchase the product themselves. Instead, they are causing harm by charging exorbitant prices to these individuals, who could have otherwise purchased the product directly from the Flames at a later date or online.
Old 06-07-2023, 02:48 PM   #165
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post

You could get there first, and unless you were also willing to do the mini hoard come out relatively empty handed for what you're looking for. You aren't going to outrace 5-6 people, who are literally grabbing entire racks of items.

There's definitely an unwritten shopping etiquette that you don't snap things out of people's hands when they are on the way to pay for something. Does that give someone the right to take all the good stuff in the store and keep it aside for hours while they work out deals, look up values, etc...I can't imagine that being tolerated at any other retail experience.

It's just a matter of the Flames staff tolerating this behaviour, but would they continue to tolerate it if someone or a group of people confronted the scalpers and things began to escalate? Probably not. It could just be an issue of no one ever bringing this to the attention of the Flames staff.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 06:43 PM   #166
gordo67
Scoring Winger

Exp:

There was a father son team who were sitting on their hoard I don’t believe they were listing items or looking up price (in the Dome), but it is still a joke IMO. I don’t believe they are actual STH and if they are then my bad. "Well my brother has season tickets" or friend for that matter doesn't grant you early access without that person present . All the Flames need to do is make sure at least one of the people trying to get in early as a STH is actually on the Flames account. There definitely should be a limit. I think the big issue here with most STH is that the people in line should actually be a STH. Hoarding will happen until the Flames implement a limit per person or account.

Last edited by gordo67; 06-08-2023 at 05:55 AM.
gordo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 10:53 PM   #167
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

For what it's worth there was a lady checking. When I got in line she asked if I was a STH and I said I was she then asked me to pull up my card, which I did and she scanned it. Some people got in the line behind me and she asked them the same question and they replied no and she told them this line was STHs and they would have to go around to another set of doors where the general public would get entry at 930.

I haven't tried but I am pretty sure the STH card is not transferable, but I am also sure you could fool the scanner with a screenshot. I also have 2 seats so if I want to bring a +1 then I should be able to.

But like I said I don't think you could get in the line and get in on your word, "Yeah I am STH"...you had to have some proof.
Old 06-08-2023, 11:22 PM   #168
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Zadorov and Kadri must be the ones that like to use a lot of gloves. Kadris were priced more than Z becuase it's Kadri, or maybe he churns them more than Zadorov.

Again, yes the hoarders in the corner are really the only problem. I saw other guy in front of me in line that had goalie pads and others with some jerseys so the hoarders didn't get everything of high value.

They have more than a few people protecting their stash and they had a plan. They are waiting to pay, for whatever reason, and don't necessarily see the items anywhere (not on Kijiji or Ebay that I can see), whether it be because they will go through items later and not take stuff they don't think they can flip, or just because thr volume of stuff they have to lug to the cashier is too much with still many people around.

Again, I got there just 15 minutes before 8, got into the door 10 or 15 minutes after they opened, and was still able to get the few peices that I had hoped to get and knew on advance they were in short-ish supply. Unless you had an eye on only one or two things very specific and valuable, STH being in line 15-20 minutes before the doors open would've gotten you some decent stuff depending on what equipment you wanted.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 12:20 AM   #169
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
I haven't tried but I am pretty sure the STH card is not transferable, but I am also sure you could fool the scanner with a screenshot. I also have 2 seats so if I want to bring a +1 then I should be able to.
They are transferable.

I was lined up when they were first handing out wristbands to the STH line. There were people I knew personally who 100% are not STH, but they had the pass on their phone. They would only check the QR code, no verification of the STH QR code belonging to that individual.

I know last year they claimed screenshots wouldn’t work/QR code couldn’t be scanned more than once.

I look at it not different from a regular season game, if you have two seats, you should be permitted 2 entries. If you give your seats away, the person going to that game doesn’t all of a sudden get the STH discount at the Fanattic just because they are at the game with tickets that belong to a STH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2023, 03:03 PM   #170
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
They are transferable.

I was lined up when they were first handing out wristbands to the STH line. There were people I knew personally who 100% are not STH, but they had the pass on their phone. They would only check the QR code, no verification of the STH QR code belonging to that individual.

I know last year they claimed screenshots wouldn’t work/QR code couldn’t be scanned more than once.

I look at it not different from a regular season game, if you have two seats, you should be permitted 2 entries. If you give your seats away, the person going to that game doesn’t all of a sudden get the STH discount at the Fanattic just because they are at the game with tickets that belong to a STH.

I'm a little curious how it would work for me - I have a 1/4 ST (two seats) but I'm not the name on the account. i just pay the amount and he transfers me my share of tix. I guess he could send me the code and as long as we aren't all there using the code it's no harm no foul.

Not that I'm attending anyway but I imagine there are quite a few people who share.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 03:06 PM   #171
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I'm a little curious how it would work for me - I have a 1/4 ST (two seats) but I'm not the name on the account. i just pay the amount and he transfers me my share of tix. I guess he could send me the code and as long as we aren't all there using the code it's no harm no foul.

Not that I'm attending anyway but I imagine there are quite a few people who share.

Unrelated to the sale, it’s a good idea to get your name and payment information on the account. If he ever decides to bail, he’ll be able to transfer his seats right to you with no hiccups.

I split tickets with someone for years but since my name wasn’t on the account for 5 years, I lost them and needed to start from the bottom for seniority.

FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 03:09 PM   #172
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
Unrelated to the sale, it’s a good idea to get your name and payment information on the account. If he ever decides to bail, he’ll be able to transfer his seats right to you with no hiccups.

I split tickets with someone for years but since my name wasn’t on the account for 5 years, I lost them and needed to start from the bottom for seniority.

Not a bad idea, though there's a couple others sharing as well - I wonder how many they allow. He got them to take my credit card last year instead of just paying him cash (I wanted points) so maybe that means he had to add me already.
Old 06-20-2023, 11:00 AM   #173
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Flames have a game worn jersey sale on right now, started at 10 so lots of jersey's are already gone.

https://www.flamesport.com/collectio...s-22-23?page=1
Old 06-20-2023, 11:03 AM   #174
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio View Post
flames have a game worn jersey sale on right now, started at 10 so lots of jersey's are already gone.

https://www.flamesport.com/collectio...s-22-23?page=1
$400-1600
Old 06-20-2023, 11:17 AM   #175
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
$400-1600
JFC. Crazy pricing. I had hoped they would have some jerseys in the equipment sale.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 11:18 AM   #176
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Plenty of Ritchie's still available
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 11:21 AM   #177
the-rasta-masta
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Zohorna's are going fast!
the-rasta-masta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 11:31 AM   #178
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

They are pricy, but I couldn't resist a home Weegar for $550...now, how to get it past the wife.
Old 06-20-2023, 11:59 AM   #179
gordo67
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
They are pricy, but I couldn't resist a home Weegar for $550...now, how to get it past the wife.
Just move it my way, Missed out on the Weegar
Old 06-20-2023, 12:00 PM   #180
gordo67
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
JFC. Crazy pricing. I had hoped they would have some jerseys in the equipment sale.
Flames prices are a lot lower then most teams. There is a reason they sell as fast as they do.