Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2022, 12:34 PM   #2621
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some Zelda games (Skyward Sword and Link's Awakening) plus Splatoon 2 and Pikmin are on for $25 off at Best Buy.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/collect...nsale_20220218
Old 02-19-2022, 02:54 PM   #2622
kcin
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcin View Post
Downloaded the Project Triangle demo today and tried it out. So far so good and exactly the type of turn based strategy RPG game I've been hoping for. 0 out of 10 for the title however.
Played through the Project Triangle demo and will definitely be picking this up. As others have mentioned there is a lot of dialogue in the demo but I'm hoping this is just laying the groundwork for the story rather than how the rest of the game will play. Looks like a lot to learn when it comes to combat and trying to think of appropriate placement.

Mostly unrelated side note: I'd love a new Ogre Battle 64 type of game on the Switch. PT scratches part of this itch but not quite the same.
kcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 07:39 AM   #2623
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just read that MLB The Show is coming to the Switch this year. Fantastic news!
Old 02-28-2022, 10:52 AM   #2624
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, new Gen 9 Pokemon games coming out late this year. BDSP, Arceus, and this, that's a lot in 1 year!

Looks like Gen 9 is open world like Arceus. Set in Spain? In game stuff starts at 1:15 if you want to skip the weird intro.

Old 02-28-2022, 12:32 PM   #2625
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

You've gotta wonder if the pandemic is to blame for so many Pokemon games coming out in such a short span. On the flipside, if Gen 9 ends up being a bit meh then at least there's lots to choose from.

The video didn't really give me a lot of hope that we'll see more fleshed out terrain than Arceus but I'll wait till they release it to judge that. Arceus is a fun game but definitely doesn't look great.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 12:34 PM   #2626
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
BDSP

Come play in the grand underground with me. I'm so lonely

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2022, 02:04 PM   #2627
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Arceus but with the typical 8 towns with gyms + Elite 4 sounds like the recipe to a great game to me

I've actually really loved Arceus, but it lacks trainer battles and I miss the old gym system
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2022, 03:25 PM   #2628
photon

Exp:

There was also an update to Arceus which now has tons of mass outbreaks all over and it has lots of different types, even types that you wouldn't normally find anywhere. Should help me complete my pokedex faster.

There's also mass outbreaks that have waves.. the 2nd wave can spawn a bunch of alphas. Had that happen to me where the 2nd wave was a bunch of alpha Blissey. That is THE way to level up your team, get a good fighting type and take out 8 Blisseys for tens of thousands of xp.
Old 02-28-2022, 11:54 PM   #2629
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Yep, me too. MK8 is easily the game we've played the most. It's nuts how much my wife and I still play it.
I'm guessing you guys haven't had it for 8 years like me
Old 03-01-2022, 06:43 AM   #2630
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
I'm guessing you guys haven't had it for 8 years like me
We've had it on the Wii U and Switch, it's still our go-to multiplayer game on weekends

Mario Kart is especially good with more people because it's so easy to pick up, it's a lot tougher to jump into something like Smash Bros
Old 03-01-2022, 11:11 AM   #2631
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

On the BDSP front, I have Bidoof-bred my first ever perfect IV pokemon. I'm quite pleased with myself.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 03-01-2022, 01:27 PM   #2632
photon

Exp:

Oh that's another thing I hope they carry over from Arceus, so much easier to improve stats.
Old 03-01-2022, 01:37 PM   #2633
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Oh that's another thing I hope they carry over from Arceus, so much easier to improve stats.

Apparently it's pretty easy in Sw/Sh as well?

It's not overly difficult in BDSP, apparently, but then you can't use those pokemon for breeding as it works like plastic surgery. They have great IVs but when they breed they pass on their original ones.

I've had a lot of fun with it, but super time consuming. Probably 50+ hours to breed a competitive team from scratch.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 03-01-2022, 02:02 PM   #2634
photon

Exp:

I think Sword and Shield you still have to breed.

In Arceus you basically give a Pokemon a specific grit/pebble/rock and choose the stat to raise by one... grit goes up to 5 or 6, pebble up to 8 or 9, and rock to get to 10. All 10's would be a perfect IV pokemon.

They're random world drops, you get them by releasing pokemon back into the wild, etc. And you can convert rocks and pebbles and grit from an NPC. Wouldn't be too hard to get a full team perfect. A lot less than 50 hours that's for sure.
Old 03-01-2022, 03:19 PM   #2635
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

In Sword if you just want a Pokemon for competitive reasons, you can always use mints to change nature and then bottle caps to give it perfect IVs at level 100. You can use berries to lower EVs back to 0 if you need to fix a pokemon and use the Protein/Zinc/Iron etc items to boost EVs properly

Once you have a few perfect IV pokemon it gets easier, since there's a lot of held items you can use to make breeding easier. Say you have a perfect male Eevvee, you can always just destiny knot it and use it any female pokemon in the field egg group to pretty quickly work your way to a perfect pokemon with minimal eggs. Once you get a few 4 or 5 EV pokemon it's easy to just grind until you get a perfect one

I used pokemon home wonder trade a lot and put all the breed rejecta people threw in there if they had 5 or 6 perfect IVs and would use them to breed my own. That way the hard parts already done

It also helps to have had a perfect IV Ditto since Heartgold that I've transferred from game to game since 2010
The Following User Says Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2022, 04:06 PM   #2636
photon

Exp:

Oh yeah now I remember reading about bottle caps.
Old 03-01-2022, 04:08 PM   #2637
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
In Sword if you just want a Pokemon for competitive reasons, you can always use mints to change nature and then bottle caps to give it perfect IVs at level 100. You can use berries to lower EVs back to 0 if you need to fix a pokemon and use the Protein/Zinc/Iron etc items to boost EVs properly

Same as in BDSP. You just can't use pokemon to breed after doing that. I don't find breeding hard, just time consuming since high IV dittos are almost non-existent in BDSP without cheating. So I end up having to go from the ground up for each new egg group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
It also helps to have had a perfect IV Ditto since Heartgold that I've transferred from game to game since 2010

Hacks!

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver

Last edited by Blaster86; 03-01-2022 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-01-2022, 04:13 PM   #2638
P-Rugby
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Me and my buddy just finished the national Dex in BDSP if anyone needs one of the region exclusive or one of the random daily ones message me
Old 03-05-2022, 10:18 AM   #2639
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

This might be obvious, but if you buy digital games, is there a way to transfer them after you're done playing? It seems like there isn't much of an advantage if there are physical copies available at the same prices that you can trade or sell when you're done playing them.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 01:45 PM   #2640
CactusJack
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Well, I jumped on the Switch train with the 20X the points offer at Shoppers Drug Mart today. We were able to get the Oled in White which gave us back 134700 points, which is $134.70 to redeem in store on games or whatever else. The 20X offer ends tomorrow if anybody else is interested.
CactusJack is offline   Reply With Quote