Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2023, 10:36 PM   #101
2ArmBands
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scornfire View Post
They still let people load up wagons of gear to re-sell? Obnoxious
Ya I guess it’s tough to be crazy critical of these guys because it seems like the Flames staff allow it… but it’s annoying for sure. The one guy must have had 40 practice jerseys among the mountain of other stuff…serious hoarding.
2ArmBands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 12:48 AM   #102
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

If anyone is interested, I grabbed a “Walker Duehr” Training Camp jersey #38. His name is in quotes because I don’t think he actually ever wore it. Froese was 38 in camp in the 2021-22 season, and more recently 38 was worn by Brett Sutter during the 22-23 camp. It does show evidence of a namebar change, perhaps they prepared it for him in a bind when he was called up?

Could be an affordable conversion to a Coronato #39.(it’s also PrimeGreen if you’re a jersey snob and want that to match)

Also a Retro White Training Camp Luke Philp #48 helmet and visor (now with the Chicago organization)

Just looking what I paid. $157.50 for the jersey and $84 for the Philp bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 08:00 AM   #103
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
I got Kent Kobelka's medical satchel.
Any idea what it’s worth
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Royle9 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2023, 12:38 PM   #104
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So disappointing again this year with a free for all approach, people buying mass volumes of clothing to auction off at higher prices. STH getting full shaft and nobody cares.

Bottom line, if the Flames can't run an equipment sale and have an orderly process for their top customers, allow people to take advantage of the situation etc, than how do we reasonably expect this franchise to lead us to winning?

Honest question I think. I posted about people emailing the director of retail and I got a bunch of PM's from people saying they have tried emailing before, they were upset at previous years getting the short end of the stick as STH's, they had copied CEO of CSEC John Bean on the emails etc. Nothing!!

It really doesn't sound like this organization has the same level of desire for their clients and their fans and the dedication to winning that other teams do. I think it's evident across the board.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 01:04 PM   #105
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Flames Equipment Sale: June 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
So disappointing again this year with a free for all approach, people buying mass volumes of clothing to auction off at higher prices. STH getting full shaft and nobody cares.

Bottom line, if the Flames can't run an equipment sale and have an orderly process for their top customers, allow people to take advantage of the situation etc, than how do we reasonably expect this franchise to lead us to winning?

Honest question I think. I posted about people emailing the director of retail and I got a bunch of PM's from people saying they have tried emailing before, they were upset at previous years getting the short end of the stick as STH's, they had copied CEO of CSEC John Bean on the emails etc. Nothing!!

It really doesn't sound like this organization has the same level of desire for their clients and their fans and the dedication to winning that other teams do. I think it's evident across the board.

You’re equating a used equipment sale, where the goal is to get rid of everything, to the hockey operations?

I think if you want to make this claim, you need to, at a minimum, compare team rankings with the equity of their used equipment sales for STHs.

Last edited by Wormius; 06-04-2023 at 01:07 PM.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2023, 01:12 PM   #106
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sadly this happens every year guys, they know who the re-sale guys are, it’s the same groups every year with the wagons and thousands of dollars ready to buy everything.

It’ll never change sadly, they just want the stuff gone and the faster it sells out the faster they get out of there. Takes getting there early and getting lucky, I’ve been told they sometimes keep stuff out to put out later so others get a chance but I don’t think that’a company mandated just more so someone on the inside who’s sick of it as well.

Hope those who went at least got something they were hoping for!
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 01:34 PM   #107
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec304 View Post
Yeah, non season ticket holder here and there was nothing left really. Thought about getting a $5 visor or laundry bag but didn’t even bother. Was hoping to buy black gloves but there was only three pairs left and two had holes
So you got the pair of black gloves that didn't have holes?
butterfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 05:38 PM   #108
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Seems like it would be pretty easy to fix this. Just limit everyone to three items, until noon, then allow the free for all with the leftovers.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2023, 05:44 PM   #109
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Seems like it would be pretty easy to fix this. Just limit everyone to three items, until noon, then allow the free for all with the leftovers.
I doubt they care that much. They got their money.

What surprises me is that they don't sell gear online themselves. The stuff ends up on eBay anyways.

Hire some summer student to manage it..
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 05:47 PM   #110
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
But they don't care how it sells. They're happy if a few people dedicate themselves and grab as much as they can. That just creates even more scarcity mentality for the remaining fans who end up buying crappier/unneeded stuff that may have otherwise gone unsold if everyone had a fair shot due to limits.

If the hoarders screwed the Flames organization over on their end, they would kill it in two seconds flat, easily. They don't because the hoarders help them.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 05:47 PM   #111
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
I doubt they care that much. They got their money.

What surprises me is that they don't sell gear online themselves. The stuff ends up on eBay anyways.

Hire some summer student to manage it..
I was thinking that too. They could easily sell off the more desirable items for auction online. Buyers would pay more knowing the stuff is legit from the source.

Don't know if the NHLPA would allow it, but they could make even more of they got the players to sign the stuff.
Old 06-04-2023, 06:05 PM   #112
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
But they don't care how it sells. They're happy if a few people dedicate themselves and grab as much as they can. That just creates even more scarcity mentality for the remaining fans who end up buying crappier/unneeded stuff that may have otherwise gone unsold if everyone had a fair shot due to limits.

If the hoarders screwed the Flames organization over on their end, they would kill it in two seconds flat, easily. They don't because the hoarders help them.
Yeah, for the Flames, this is a garage sale. They just want to clear out their storage rooms so they can bring in new stuff for next season.
Old 06-04-2023, 09:23 PM   #113
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post

Violins playing.

A used equipment sale is not a right for Flames season ticket holders or some equitable system of equipment distribution. It's a garage sale where STH's get the privilege of a 90 minute head start.

Like most things, like concert tickets or Boxing day sales at B&M stores, early bird gets the worm.

I got what I really wanted, the rare RR socks. The others things I got I had my eye on and got in my size. Again, I got there and in line at 745.

If I got my lazy butt up out of bed 20 minutes earlier, and been that much further ahead in line, not sure what else I would've gotten. I don't care about goalie pads, or used helmets or other high value things (not sure what that stuff was) that people camped out for. Maybe I would've also gotten an equipment bag or one of the Flames mats, but again, it was a mad house so part of the challenge as one person was to go to the different areas in time.

Planning also wouldve helped if I really wanted a few things, as other STHs did, was have one or two others come with you under your ticket account and hit up different spots.

If I was 10 minutes later I wouldnt have gotten much, but then it's my own fault for showing up 5 minutes before it starting and expecting to get, as a STH, the same choice of stuff that other STH people who got there 40 minutes before me, did.

To complain about STH getting the shaft in some way and the ridiculous parallel you're trying to make as far as organizational competence, is pure sour grapes. Show up earlier if it is that big of a deal to you.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2023, 10:10 PM   #114
sec304
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
So you got the pair of black gloves that didn't have holes?

No, the ones without holes were $400
sec304 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sec304 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2023, 11:07 PM   #115
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

We went at 7am and ended up #106 and #107 in line. Got through the doors at around 8:15 and there was a ton of selection. Ended up with a few mats, socks, practice jerseys, a pair of gloves, few rolls of stick tape, a visor, some equipment bags, and Weegars blue bauer pants. Solid deal and great selection. But by 9am it was packed and the aisles were bare. Felt bad for the non STHers as they were lined up at 7am and there was nothing left by the time they would have gotten in.
Old 06-04-2023, 11:17 PM   #116
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Violins playing.

A used equipment sale is not a right for Flames season ticket holders or some equitable system of equipment distribution. It's a garage sale where STH's get the privilege of a 90 minute head start.

Like most things, like concert tickets or Boxing day sales at B&M stores, early bird gets the worm.

I got what I really wanted, the rare RR socks. The others things I got I had my eye on and got in my size. Again, I got there and in line at 745.

If I got my lazy butt up out of bed 20 minutes earlier, and been that much further ahead in line, not sure what else I would've gotten. I don't care about goalie pads, or used helmets or other high value things (not sure what that stuff was) that people camped out for. Maybe I would've also gotten an equipment bag or one of the Flames mats, but again, it was a mad house so part of the challenge as one person was to go to the different areas in time.

Planning also wouldve helped if I really wanted a few things, as other STHs did, was have one or two others come with you under your ticket account and hit up different spots.

If I was 10 minutes later I wouldnt have gotten much, but then it's my own fault for showing up 5 minutes before it starting and expecting to get, as a STH, the same choice of stuff that other STH people who got there 40 minutes before me, did.

To complain about STH getting the shaft in some way and the ridiculous parallel you're trying to make as far as organizational competence, is pure sour grapes. Show up earlier if it is that big of a deal to you.
I hear what you're saying...and I'll let you know how I see it...and feel free to disagree.

Those big event tents that the Stampede uses for Nashville North every year come with floors and amenities. I was shocked too. They're just as portable, and can be set up in the same amount of time. We've just been standing in a puddle and smelling rotting hay the second week because the people on the Stampede board that run the event are ok at what they do when looked at in isolation, but when compared to other events around the world, are actually below average.

The people at the Flames are the same as the folks on the Stampede board, yeah they get the job done I guess, but I'm not backing them against anyone else in the same field knowing what I know.
Rutuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 03:20 AM   #117
gordo67
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Violins playing.

What about the NON season ticket holders who borrowed a buddies pass to get in early, is that right? If a STH takes a guest fine but to just lend their pass to a buddy is BS. In the top 10 there were at least 5 NON STH lined up without the STH. As a 20+ year STH I should have the privilege over one who isn't.

Hoarding is an issue, they should still impose a limit and would sell most every thing anyways. True collectors don't bother me, the re-sellers do. My circle of true collector friends is relatively small, and I have been collecting for 20+ years. For the ones to say that all the guys who grabbed a ton of stuff to re-sell is false (I still like a limit on items purchased). Some of these guys actually buy to keep. Yes collectors sell but usually to buy something else for their collection. I enjoy collecting and so does my son, "our" collection is enjoyable, but like other hobbies it is just that a hobby.

No matter how they handle these sales someone will always complain. We should just be happy they even have these sales. Could they deal with it differently, 100% Flames still are one of a handful of teams who sell their game used/worn for a reasonable price. They could be like Colorado who have an outside source who sells their gear for crazy high prices.

Last edited by gordo67; 06-05-2023 at 04:28 AM.
gordo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 07:47 AM   #118
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo67 View Post
What about the NON season ticket holders who borrowed a buddies pass to get in early, is that right? If a STH takes a guest fine but to just lend their pass to a buddy is BS. In the top 10 there were at least 5 NON STH lined up without the STH. As a 20+ year STH I should have the privilege over one who isn't.
If they actually enforced the STH requirement, the people who took the time line up at the front of the non-STH line would have had much more selection when the doors opened.

I too saw plenty of people who I know are not STH in the lineup and inside the doors before 9:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 10:59 AM   #119
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Violins playing.

The sale is also a perk for the fans, and particularly the season ticket holders. Watching the Flames last year wasn't exactly the most exciting and rewarding thing in the world. So the organization should make extra efforts to make fans and season ticket holders happy.

If the organization wants to retain its fans and season ticket holders, they need to make those people happy too. This seems like a big fail by the Flames organization. Mostly a bunch of pissed off fans, and a few very happy scalpers.
Old 06-05-2023, 12:02 PM   #120
jatylo
Draft Pick

Quote:
The sale is also a perk for the fans, and particularly the season ticket holders. Watching the Flames last year wasn't exactly the most exciting and rewarding thing in the world. So the organization should make extra efforts to make fans and season ticket holders happy.

If the organization wants to retain its fans and season ticket holders, they need to make those people happy too. This seems like a big fail by the Flames organization. Mostly a bunch of pissed off fans, and a few very happy scalpers.

Same the perks of being a STH are becoming so diluted. They just seem to mail it in and rely on a hockey crazy Canadian market. It can't be that hard to enforce a limit of 5-10 items for early access during this sale. If you want to scalp more items, you can reenter with general public. Plus a verification that you are the holder of the STH to avoid transferring or multiple users on the same account

I can't complain too much since I lined up at 8am and had 100s in front of me. Just wanted a game quality Wranglers jersey
jatylo is offline   Reply With Quote