Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #181
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quick Question probably a Fata but does an account work on more then one computer/platform? Say if I sign up for it on my PS3 can it work on a different laptop or IP address?
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #182
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Quick Question probably a Fata but does an account work on more then one computer/platform? Say if I sign up for it on my PS3 can it work on a different laptop or IP address?
You can register 6 devices on one account. I have my PS3, iPhone, and a couple of PCs on mine. You can also delete devices from your registered list, so if you change computers or something, you can deactivate the old one.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #183
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

FYI they now have the Wii software available for download instead of waiting for the disc.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:55 PM   #184
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Go figure that xbox is the last one in line for the software. I assume it's coming with the dashboard update, that should be soon enough

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #185
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have been amassing a list of shows that I'd like to see by adding bookmarks in Firefox. The lack of a queue really is a limitation. I can't figure out why there's no queue for Canadians - how difficult would that be to implement?

That's my only real gripe at the moment. The documentaries and BBC content will keep me going for a while. I just wish I could flag them easily across devices for watching later.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:23 PM   #186
User Name
Backup Goalie

Exp:

just signed up for this on my wii, its sweet! Anyone have any hidden gems they've found? The selection is only so so at the moment. I like it for $8 though!
Old 10-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #187
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
FYI they now have the Wii software available for download instead of waiting for the disc.
I've ordered two disc's which apparently have shipped, but nothing has come to my door.

Ending up buying an Apple TV anyways, much easier to use for me.

As for the instant queue, I can add things to it on Apple TV when I am in the selection for a season of a TV show, but I have no way to view it.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:10 AM   #188
Devils'Advocate
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Have they added *ANYTHING* since launch?
Devils'Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:15 AM   #189
Roast Beef
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils'Advocate View Post
I think they added The Human Centipede. I don't recall that tiltle being available at launch. It would not surprise me in the least if the liscense holders were holding content back until after the first month when the money would start rolling in.
Roast Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #190
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
I've noticed on the iPad and ps3 the new arrivals show, but on the iPhone it doesn't change. Very odd. There are new things being added all the time ... Just nothing of overwhelming value.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #191
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Yes they have. It seems they don't update their "Whats New" list but check this out for new releases:

Here is the RSS feed of their new releases:

http://www.netflix.ca/NewWatchInstantlyRSS
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Meelapo For This Useful Post:
Bob
Old 10-20-2010, 11:14 AM   #192
Prototype

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
just signed up for this on my wii, its sweet! Anyone have any hidden gems they've found? The selection is only so so at the moment. I like it for $8 though!
Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long-Blog is fantastic. Had some desire to watch it before, but never acted upon it.

PS - "The Secret" is not the guide to Oprah-fy your life, as it's advertised on Netflix. It's this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446463/
Old 10-20-2010, 01:27 PM   #193
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I twittered Netflix (@netflixhelps) as to why there's no queue for Canada and their response was: "Thanks for your feedback. There's no Q because you can search for titles directly on each device and instantly watch your selection"

To which I responded with the question as to why US customers get a queue on their devices when they can also search directly on them. We'll see what they say. You can resume playback at the exact same spot across different devices (excellent feature!), yet you can't maintain a list of movies that you'd like to see?

I'll let you know what they say...
Old 10-20-2010, 01:46 PM   #194
Prototype

Exp:

You just got yourself a follower...
Old 10-20-2010, 02:18 PM   #195
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
You just got yourself a follower...
Don't expect much - I'm a bit of a twitter lurker. Maybe one day I'll have something interesting to say! Actually, I think that we have mutual friend or two, assuming you went to Diefenbaker.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #196
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
So I twittered Netflix (@netflixhelps) as to why there's no queue for Canada and their response was: "Thanks for your feedback. There's no Q because you can search for titles directly on each device and instantly watch your selection"

To which I responded with the question as to why US customers get a queue on their devices when they can also search directly on them. We'll see what they say. You can resume playback at the exact same spot across different devices (excellent feature!), yet you can't maintain a list of movies that you'd like to see?

I'll let you know what they say...
What a dumb reason. Whether I can search or not has no bearing as to whether or not I want to watch a movie. A lot of the time I'll see a movie and say "Hey I want to watch that one time" but then a few days later I forget it. No search is going to help me remember it. A queue would be great.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #197
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
What a dumb reason. Whether I can search or not has no bearing as to whether or not I want to watch a movie. A lot of the time I'll see a movie and say "Hey I want to watch that one time" but then a few days later I forget it. No search is going to help me remember it. A queue would be great.
Exactly. As I understand it (maybe one of our American friends can confirm this), but US Netflix customers get a mail queue for DVDs, and an instant queue for streaming. Obviously the DVDs are a non-issue here, but why not let us make a streaming queue?

I saw a screenshot of the "new" disc-less interface that was released to US customers on Monday, which is all that we've every known here in Canada. The only difference: an instant queue. The iPhone app store screenshots show an instant queue.

Not sure why we can't have that too. Like you said, searching is one thing, but making a list of things to watch would add so much more value. I have been making bookmarks in Firefox to flag stuff that I'd like to watch, which does nothing for me on my iPhone or PS3. And the PS3 is where I'll watch 95% of the content.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #198
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has anyone had luck getting 5.1 to work through Netflix on PS3? I change it to the 5.1 option but it just puts out 2 channel stereo.
HotHotHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:59 PM   #199
Bob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
Yes they have. It seems they don't update their "Whats New" list but check this out for new releases:

Here is the RSS feed of their new releases:

http://www.netflix.ca/NewWatchInstantlyRSS
Aliens!? MTS3K!? SNL w/ Chistopher Walken!? Nice!!
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #200
Prototype

Exp:

There already was a crap load of MST3K on there, but sadly no "The Movie", which I believe is the cream of the crop.

Managed to watch the Fallon, and both Ferrell "Best Of" already.

A few decient adds in "Airheads", "Brokedown Palace", "Batman: The Movie", and "White Men Can't Jump".