Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-12-2019, 06:46 PM   #1541
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
I can try to help clarify teacher sick leave provisions for you. A teacher on a continuing (permanent) contract has access to 90 calendar days of sick leave for injury or illness.

After 5 consecutive teaching days absent, they are required to submit a Certificate of Illness filled out by a doctor. After 90 calendar days, the teacher stops receiving their salary and the Extended Disability Plan comes into effect.

If a teacher is coming back to work after 30 consecutive days absent, they need to present a Return to Work Certificate filled out by a doctor.
So basically they have access to "extra sick days" instead of a short term disability program to fill the gap before extended disability comes into effect.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Torture For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 06:49 PM   #1542
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
I can try to help clarify teacher sick leave provisions for you. A teacher on a continuing (permanent) contract has access to 90 calendar days of sick leave for injury or illness.

After 5 consecutive teaching days absent, they are required to submit a Certificate of Illness filled out by a doctor. After 90 calendar days, the teacher stops receiving their salary and the Extended Disability Plan comes into effect.

If a teacher is coming back to work after 30 consecutive days absent, they need to present a Return to Work Certificate filled out by a doctor.

I am not sure I follow...
Anything less than 5 consecutive days is easy to take?
So one could “be sick” Tuesday to Friday and only show up on Mondays for 5 straight months and still receive full pay?
** I know my scenario is extreme but the number of paid sick days seems insane to me.
Travis Munroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:06 PM   #1543
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Munroe View Post
I am not sure I follow...
Anything less than 5 consecutive days is easy to take?
So one could “be sick” Tuesday to Friday and only show up on Mondays for 5 straight months and still receive full pay?
** I know my scenario is extreme but the number of paid sick days seems insane to me.
That's correct. Of course, just like any other job, the administration would be talking to that teacher trying to figure out a better situation for them. That amount of time would cost the school a ton of money.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:09 AM   #1544
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

The film and production scene is one industry in Alberta where uncertainty can have relatively fast effect from workload standpoints if government incentive programs are not ironed out. The industry has been doing fairly well lately and it would be a shame to see it stunted, including losing (more) talent to Vancouver and Toronto from everything from actors to set design, to cinematography.

Huge investment in jeopardy due to lack of support for Alberta's film industry

Alberta’s film industry has had its best year on record however, due to a backlog in Alberta’s screen-based production grants and provincial budget uncertainty, that success could face dramatic change.

Damian Petti, the president of IATSE Local 212, the union that represents thousands of screen industry jobs including technicians, artists and craftspeople in southern Alberta, is very concerned with the current state of the province's film industry and is calling for the government to live up to past electoral promises.

Petti says since February there have been a number of applications for screen-based production grants that have not been processed.

"It's starting to create a backlog and we’re hearing from producers that they’re choosing to shoot elsewhere. We are already seeing hundreds of job losses."
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2019, 10:28 AM   #1545
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

That is absolutely embarrassing. An industry in this province that is actually doing well, and it's not being taken seriously? There's tons of money here at stake, and thousands of jobs, and it's not a priority for this government? Can't say I'm surprised though.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2019, 11:02 AM   #1546
Roughneck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I imagine the film industry is full of people reported for unAlbertan activities for being affiliated with the likes of Leo.
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 05:07 PM   #1547
Roughneck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Mr. ‘Bring Dignity and Decorum back to Politics’ writes this to be head of Amnesty International’s Canadian branch:

‘Honestly, it can’t be easy being the long-time head of Amnesty International Canada (AI), stick in annoyingly free and peaceful Canada...’

This is the same guy who called the treatment of protesters in Russia and Venezuela “instructive.”

What a ####ing useless piece of #### this man is that people proudly voted for.
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2019, 08:03 PM   #1548
La Flames Fan
THE Chuck Storm

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
I imagine the film industry is full of people reported for unAlbertan activities for being affiliated with the likes of Leo.
I’m pretty sure we’re all on a watch list. I should be expected to testify soon.

Mediapop Films
La Flames Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:30 AM   #1549
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Flames Fan View Post
I’m pretty sure we’re all on a watch list. I should be expected to testify soon.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:54 PM   #1550
La Flames Fan
THE Chuck Storm

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
I’m going to memorize that and just switch up the names hahaha...

Mediapop Films
La Flames Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:18 PM   #1551
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

The fact that Amensty's leader's "response" letter to Kenney was as empty and repetitious as the start of this whole thing really highlights how impotent and misguided that group has become here.

His response to every valid point raised by Kenney was "muh environment"....where Kenney's letter was pretty clear in highlighting that demonizing or displacing Albertan crude simply replaces those barrels with barrels from places with worse environmental and humanitarian records. Guy didn't even try to push back on the excellent argument about our clean natural gas displacing coal....

Leftists these days to a tee
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote