Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-29-2020, 12:55 PM   #61
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Heh. My 7 or 8 used to seem adequate, mostly. Now that I'm in the US and data is 'unlimited' (throttled after 55GB with T-Mobile), I routinely use 40GB. Now am eyeing a new phone for fall with 5G, as it's nationwide now.
Lol
What do you do with your phone to use 40GB in a month? or anyone going over 10?

I've had a 10GB plan for as long as I remember but every time I check my data usage I hover at using about 2/month. I stream music over Spotify in my car every day (about 1 - 1.5 hours commuting both ways). The only times I have ever broken the 2/month is when my home internet has been down so I hotspot my phone to dl my torrents. Using 40GB in a month sounds crazy to me, do you not have home wifi? or are you constantly traveling and watching videos?

not trying to single you out or be a dink here, just honestly curious how so many people in this thread seem to use so much data, what am I missing out on? I can't fathom anyone needing more than 5GB month
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swarly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2020, 01:20 PM   #62
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Throttled to what speed? Took a peek at the Telus "unlimited plan" and they throttle down to 512Kbs after a measly 10 gig.

Man I detest Canadian Telecom.
They don't really say, that I can tell. Just that 'at times of network congestion speed may be reduced' to anyone who exceeded the unlimited limit.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:58 PM   #63
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarly View Post
What do you do with your phone to use 40GB in a month? or anyone going over 10?

I've had a 10GB plan for as long as I remember but every time I check my data usage I hover at using about 2/month. I stream music over Spotify in my car every day (about 1 - 1.5 hours commuting both ways). The only times I have ever broken the 2/month is when my home internet has been down so I hotspot my phone to dl my torrents. Using 40GB in a month sounds crazy to me, do you not have home wifi? or are you constantly traveling and watching videos?

not trying to single you out or be a dink here, just honestly curious how so many people in this thread seem to use so much data, what am I missing out on? I can't fathom anyone needing more than 5GB month
Video. And like I say, it's funny how usage changes over time.
I have packages for MLB (free from T-Mobile), NFL Redzone and NHL.tv for sports, as well as Netflix and Prime. Not sure how many hours a week I watch, but sometimes is quite a bit. Work puts me in situations where there is time to kill in a parked vehicle.

I also serve data to the little one when we are on the road, which is a few hours a week. YouTube and Netflix use quite a bit. I usually serve about 6GB a month.

I use a GB/day. Currently 8 days into billing cycle, have use 7.3GB. Lol

The other thing I do is rarely, if ever, connect to wifi, unless I want to cast at home.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:15 AM   #64
BsFaninCGY
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I stream a lot of sports radio, browse more than I should, and tether when on the road to avoid using hotel wifi. I figure if I have the data I may as well use it.
BsFaninCGY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BsFaninCGY For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2020, 12:22 PM   #65
jwslam
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Zoomer promo is pretty ham right now
https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/promot...ta-bonus-offer
800min + 5gb for $36, plus free phone on 2y plan, plus $100 activation credit (so almost 3 months free)

MOD EDIT: Removed referral code as they are against the guidelines.
jwslam is offline   Reply With Quote