Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-14-2020, 02:35 PM   #1621
stone hands
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
If you are getting anxiety I would stay away from Sativa's. Mercene is a terpene that I have seen cause it in a lot of friends, so try to avoid strains that have it.

The single best relaxation, everything is irie, I love my life strain I have ever smoked is Nuken. CRAZY euphoric. My brother in law gets bad anxiety and loves the stuff (as do I).
funny, i only ever get anxiety from indica
stone hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:25 PM   #1622
White Out 403
Franchise Player
 
White Out 403's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Exp:
Default

Hey who is higher than a jet plane? These wheels vavey. Alberta Cannibis is just wonderful
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
Looking forward to the post season when we celebrate the 30th anniversary
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2020, 11:03 AM   #1623
TorqueDog
#1 Goaltender
 
TorqueDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
Just some clarification: there are no government-run brick and mortar cannabis stores in Ontario. Only the online store is government-run. The storefront stores (well, most of them anyway) are not "grey market". They are licensed by the government.
If they're licensed then they'd be selling product with the appropriate labels and (wasteful) packaging.

The one I went to was definitely not that, it felt super sketchy.
__________________
If the Flames are playing, GO FLAMES GO.
If the Jets are playing, GO JE-... nm, ғ**ĸ the Jets.
GO FLAMES GO.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 11:06 AM   #1624
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER
 
Sliver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Exp:
Default

Was in Invermere this weekend and visited a shop. They sell disposable vape pens there and they're awesome. It'll be nice when we get them here. It's so convenient.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 11:33 AM   #1625
aaronck
Scoring Winger
 
aaronck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Was in Invermere this weekend and visited a shop. They sell disposable vape pens there and they're awesome. It'll be nice when we get them here. It's so convenient.
how much? I got one while I was in California last year that did the trick. No rolling, no smell and you just leave it at the Airport when you're done!
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 11:36 AM   #1626
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER
 
Sliver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronck View Post
how much? I got one while I was in California last year that did the trick. No rolling, no smell and you just leave it at the Airport when you're done!
$48.25. There were a few options all at differing prices, but I went for a hybrid that was the most potent they had.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:43 PM   #1627
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender
 
Join Date: May 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
$48.25. There were a few options all at differing prices, but I went for a hybrid that was the most potent they had.
Which location? I was at the highway one and didn't notice a couple weeks ago
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 03:54 PM   #1628
Kiran403
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Exp:
Default

Cannabis vapes became legal for AB starting yesterday (Feb 17)
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiran403 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2020, 04:11 PM   #1629
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER
 
Sliver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
Which location? I was at the highway one and didn't notice a couple weeks ago
Like across from the new(ish) grocery store at the top of the hill.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2020, 07:25 AM   #1630
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player
 
EldrickOnIce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chicago
Exp:
Default

Weed became legal in Illinois Jan 1.
I do not partake, but is ridiculous how it works here in America.
It is a cash only business, because proceeds from sale can't be deposited into any nationally regulated financial institution, because it's not legal. Truly bizarre.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 07:30 AM   #1631
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer
 
troutman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Winebar Kensington
Exp:
Default

Co-op Cannabis tells me edibles arrive on Thursday and are sold out by Friday.

Get it together! Supply and demand.

Also, mom and dad would never have guessed I would be shopping for cannabis at Co-op.
__________________
http://nwcalgarylaw.com/
http://cjsw.com/program/fossil-records/
twitter/instagram @troutman1966
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2020, 07:02 PM   #1632
TorqueDog
#1 Goaltender
 
TorqueDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Co-op Cannabis tells me edibles arrive on Thursday and are sold out by Friday.

Get it together! Supply and demand.

Also, mom and dad would never have guessed I would be shopping for cannabis at Co-op.
I love that I can give my Co-op number and get money back for buying weed.
__________________
If the Flames are playing, GO FLAMES GO.
If the Jets are playing, GO JE-... nm, ғ**ĸ the Jets.
GO FLAMES GO.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2020, 07:50 PM   #1633
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop
 
Cecil Terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Springfield Penitentiary
Exp:
Default

$30 for a disposable vape pen. I believe it was 150mg.

Apparently .5g of distillate is equivalent to 2g of bud.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 02-20-2020 at 08:10 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:39 AM   #1634
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player
 
Huntingwhale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Weed became legal in Illinois Jan 1.
I do not partake, but is ridiculous how it works here in America.
It is a cash only business, because proceeds from sale can't be deposited into any nationally regulated financial institution, because it's not legal. Truly bizarre.
Off topic, but it's hard for me to wrap my brain how something can be illegal at a federal level, yet legal at a state level. So a federal officer can arrest you for weed, but a state/local police guy says it's all good? WTF. In that scenario who is at the top of the hierarchy? Does no one ever think to amend that? Seems like a recipe for constant judicial conflicts and a waste of everyone's time/money.

Are there examples of things like that in Canada? Or are we all on the same page here? Just seems needlessly dumb to have it like that in the US.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:54 AM   #1635
Sainters7
Franchise Player
 
Sainters7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: back in the 403
Exp:
Default

Yeah just a fundamental difference between the two countries. Canada is much more centralized than the U.S. is, individual states have a lot more autonomy than individual provinces do here.

I think it goes back to the origins of the U.S.; the general idea being each of the 13 colonies were to be united, but basically operate independently of each other, essentially as their own countries. Probably why they are referred to as "states" to begin with, which usually implies an autonomous area.

Last edited by Sainters7; 02-21-2020 at 10:56 AM.
Sainters7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:10 AM   #1636
Tron_fdc
Has My Daddy Syndrome
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: I'm......fromdacity
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
$30 for a disposable vape pen. I believe it was 150mg.

Apparently .5g of distillate is equivalent to 2g of bud.
Not necessarily.

The better the flower the better the yield you will get out of a run with an extractor. General rule of thumb is that 1lb of 20% THC flower will yield approx 40-50ml of distillate that is around 80-90% pure THC. Lower if you suck with a short path. No one uses good bud though, they all use shake or moldy weed instead of having to throw it out. So yield is closer to 7% (30ml net yield per pound).

A 0.5ml vape pen will also have terpene and diluent added to it (up to 15% of the net) in order to make it more viscous so it burns properly in the pen, as well as reintroducing the terpene profile you are after (the distillation process strips out all terpenes).

That said, a 1.0ml pen will be at best 70% THC (I don't recall the limit the Gov put on it, but it's around there). If you were to use really good flower, and take into account the density conversion from ml to mg (1.25 ml of distillate equals 1.0mg of THC) that 1.0ml pen would need somewhere in the range of 10 grams of flower (less if you are using more diluent and terpene liquid).

To the best of my recollection, anyway. And I suck at math, so it's probably half wrong, but you get the point. The amount of bud in a pen is totally dependant on

a) the quality of flower you are using for the distillate and
b) how heavily you cut it with terpenes and diluent.

/stonermath
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:06 AM   #1637
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER
 
Sliver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Exp:
Default

Anybody with a disposable vape pen having trouble with them getting sort of clogged? Like you have to suck super hard like it's a thick milkshake to get it going? What's the fix for that?
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:35 AM   #1638
aaronck
Scoring Winger
 
aaronck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Anybody with a disposable vape pen having trouble with them getting sort of clogged? Like you have to suck super hard like it's a thick milkshake to get it going? What's the fix for that?
I get it all the time, in my case it's because it's always in my pocket, so it gets warmed up in there and the contents flow up the sides- heat and keeping the pen upright after use works the best for me, not a disposable pen but a refillable vape pen I use for Shatter and Oil/ Distillate
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:16 PM   #1639
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player
 
EldrickOnIce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chicago
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Off topic, but it's hard for me to wrap my brain how something can be illegal at a federal level, yet legal at a state level. So a federal officer can arrest you for weed, but a state/local police guy says it's all good? WTF. In that scenario who is at the top of the hierarchy? Does no one ever think to amend that? Seems like a recipe for constant judicial conflicts and a waste of everyone's time/money.

Are there examples of things like that in Canada? Or are we all on the same page here? Just seems needlessly dumb to have it like that in the US.
No. Can't arrest you in a state where it's legal, but you can be denied anything that falls under federal jurisdiction. It's crazy

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...zation-829933/
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:58 PM   #1640
Tron_fdc
Has My Daddy Syndrome
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: I'm......fromdacity
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Anybody with a disposable vape pen having trouble with them getting sort of clogged? Like you have to suck super hard like it's a thick milkshake to get it going? What's the fix for that?
Turn the vape around and blow into it. On most pens that will ignite the burner, and you can clear it without looking like you're sucking on a Peters drive in shake.


You can also stick a pin down the mouthpiece to clear it. Just don't heat it up and suck it out.....as obviously dumb as it sounds I've seen people try it and burn their mouth.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:47 AM.

Calgary Flames
2019-20




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016