Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #81
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Probably a legitimate pamphlet but it's a pamphlet put out to make Obama look interesting, so it would have some artistic license. What's more is, WGAF if he was born in Nigeria or not.
Well seeing as that would make him ineligible for the Presidency it's kind of a big deal
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #82
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
Well seeing as that would make him ineligible for the Presidency it's kind of a big deal
Read Sowa's post.

It's a grey area. Mitt's father, George was born in Mexico but still ran for the Republican nomination because his parents were American. Even McCain wasn't born in the States but was born in the Panama Canal zone as were some of my relatives.

The whole questioning about it is brought on by racists and religious nuts.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #83
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Read Sowa's post.

It's a grey area. Mitt's father, George was born in Mexico but still ran for the Republican nomination because his parents were American. Even McCain wasn't born in the States but was born in the Panama Canal zone as were some of my relatives.

The whole questioning about it is brought on by racists and religious nuts.
I'm well aware of who brings about the questioning, but the repercussions of a non-US birthplace aren't trivial. There is no clear result in the case of someone born outside of the US to a US citizen. While it appears that the intent of the drafters of the Constitution was to have these people be considered natural born citizens no court has ever definitively answered the question.

Last edited by valo403; 05-18-2012 at 09:09 AM.
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #84
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is what America must look like through Mikey-vision:

MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #85
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Loved that movie

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #86
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't think for a minute that Obama isn't a natural US citizen, but I wonder how it would play out if it turns out that he was completely ineligible and had been using forged documents. Would they impeach him and put Biden in his place? Would there be a movement to hold a new election if if came out shortly after the election?
Something like that could really divide a nation.
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #87
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_Matt View Post
I don't think for a minute that Obama isn't a natural US citizen, but I wonder how it would play out if it turns out that he was completely ineligible and had been using forged documents. Would they impeach him and put Biden in his place? Would there be a movement to hold a new election if if came out shortly after the election?
Something like that could really divide a nation.
They would have to impeach him first and that's just a big mess, so they'd probably also have to form a judical committtee to investigate and another constitutional committee to examine the law as this would represent a massive crisis.

They would probably form a task force made up of the FBI and Secret Service that had oversight from the supreme court.

I don't know if they could force Obama from the White House without a impeachment document or his resignation.

God help America if Biden ever gets into the Presidents offiice without a visitors pass.

A constitutional crisis like that would split the country, especially since Obama has a strong support base among Liberal Hollywood. We could actually see a Hollywood civila war with Clooney leading one side and Ted Nugent leading the other side.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #88
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
A constitutional crisis like that would split the country, especially since Obama has a strong support base among Liberal Hollywood. We could actually see a Hollywood civila war with Clooney leading one side and Ted Nugent leading the other side.
Do you think they would play themselves in the movie version?

I can definitely see something like that ripping the country apart for a few generations.
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #89
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

I can definitely see something like that ripping the country apart for a few generations.

Ted Nugent would be played by Stephen Dorf.

George Clooney by Adam West (hey turnabout is fairplay)

Old 05-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #90
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

The biggest difference is that there would also be a polerization across racial lines.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #91
oilyfan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Uh oh another fine upstanding citizen has been assimilated by the Obama juggernaut. Will the truth never come out? Right Mikey?

Mitt Romney's campaign co-chairman and Arizona elections chief has said that the birther issue has been put to rest. After a massive waste of taxpayer money no less.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...r-issue-closed
oilyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oilyfan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #92
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh Sheriff Joe, you just won't let it die will you?

Quote:
Investigators for an Arizona sheriff's volunteer posse say President Barack Obama's birth certificate is definitely fraudulent.

Members of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's posse said in March that there was probable cause that Obama's long-form birth certificate released by the White House in April 2011 was a computer-generated forgery.

Now, Arpaio says investigators are positive it's fraudulent.

So-called "birthers" maintain Obama is ineligible to be president because, they contend, he was born in Kenya. However, Hawaii officials have repeatedly verified Obama's citizenship, and courts have rebuffed lawsuits over the issue.

Mike Zullo, the Arizona posse's chief investigator, said numeric codes on parts of the long-form birth certificate indicate those parts weren't filled out, yet those sections asking for the race of Obama's father and his field of work or study were completed.

Zullo said investigators previously didn't know the meaning of the codes but they were explained by a 95-year-old former state worker who signed the president's birth certificate. Zullo said a writer who published a book about Obama's birth certificate and was aiding investigators let them listen to an interview he conducted with the former state worker.

The Arizona Democratic Party said in a statement that Arpaio's investigation is intended to draw attention away from problems within his own agency, such as hundreds of sex-crime cases that the sheriff's office failed to adequately investigate over a three-year period.

A civil trial is set to begin Thursday in a lawsuit that accuses Arpaio's office of racially profiling Latinos. The suit filed by a handful of Latinos will serve as a precursor to the U.S. Justice Department's lawsuit that alleges a broader range of civil rights violations against Arpaio's office.

Obama released a copy of his long-form birth certificate in an attempt to quell citizenship questions. His campaign declined to comment on Arpaio's allegations.

But Joshua A. Wisch, a special assistant to Hawaii's attorney general, said his state's vital records are some of the best-managed and have "some of the strongest restrictions on access to prevent identity theft and fraud."

"President Obama was born in Honolulu, and his birth certificate is valid," Wisch said in a statement. "Regarding the latest allegations from a sheriff in Arizona, they are untrue, misinformed, and misconstrue Hawaii law."
http://news.yahoo.com/ariz-sheriff-s...072751943.html

Tags
arizona , sheriff arpaio