Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2021, 11:40 PM   #441
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Well, Lebron stans can’t use the “he’s never lost in the first round” arguments anymore against MJ. I don’t think this series lost hurts his legacy at all. I just always thought that argument was dumb.
Old 06-04-2021, 12:31 AM   #442
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

High ankle sprains are brutal injuries, especially in your mid 30s. He rushed back to play and get his team in the playoffs which is admirable, but he's just not gonna be the explosive player he was before the injury, which typically takes a few months to recover from. Lebron has played a ton of basketball lately. I expect him and AD to be a formidable duo next year.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:40 AM   #443
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean AD is made of glass and LeBron is 36 with the most mileage any player has ever had at that age. They could be back as contenders next year, or they just as easily could be out in the first round again with an injury riddle team. If nothing else not trading Horton-Tucker for Lowry looks even worse now, Horton-Tucker's ceiling appears to be low end #3 option at best, probably more likely a rotational piece. Lowry would have provided some desperately needed scoring. LeBron's got two or three years left so to not push all-in whenever you can seems short sighted. But I imagine they'll beg another superstar to come help this summer so we'll see how that goes.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 06-04-2021 at 06:46 AM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 08:44 PM   #444
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trail Blazers and coach Terry Stotts mutually agreed to part ways on. Lillard to the Knicks this summer?

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:05 PM   #445
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dallas up to start the 4th, but Kawhi had a monster 3rd quarter.

Also, Marc Davis continues to be incompetent, yet somehow his incompetence favours a team from California. Who could have predicted.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:37 PM   #446
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Phenomenal performance by Kawhi
Old 06-04-2021, 09:41 PM   #447
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah... there's pretty much no beating that. Maybe his best game as a Clipper. Plus, Luka was off all night. I think he maybe hit 2 3s all game.

KP has to be finished as a Mav.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 06-04-2021, 09:45 PM   #448
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I miss Kawhi. I have no doubt whatsoever they would have repeated last year with him. Oh well, thanks for the one.
Old 06-06-2021, 03:33 PM   #449
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Series over in LA.

Mavs kind of shot themselves in the foot in the 3rd, just couldn't keep it up, while Clippers are having a great shooting night. 'Twas a good effort to get them to 7. Game 3 when they were up 19 in the first quarter and couldn't hold is really the missed opportunity.
Old 06-06-2021, 04:18 PM   #450
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

All in all, that was a good series. I think the Clippers might go all the way now. But the Jazz are gonna be a tougher match-up. There a very well balanced team. We’ll see.

Last edited by Hockey_Ninja; 06-06-2021 at 04:21 PM.
Hockey_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 04:41 PM   #451
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Donovan Mitchell isn't as good as Luka but he has a much more consistent supporting cast. Really depends which version of Kawhi you get. If it's the guy from game 6-7 I would favour the Clippers.
Old 06-06-2021, 05:35 PM   #452
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Jazz/Clippers series is basically going to come down to which team stays hot from 3 longest. Clippers lead the league in 3pt % and were 6th in makes, Jazz lead the league in makes and were 4th in percentage. I think Gobert gets somewhat neutralized by the fact that the Clippers are so comfortable staying on the perimeter.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 05:52 PM   #453
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, Clippers are very hot and cold from 3 though. Like today's game was almost a carbon copy of game 5 with the exception that Morris actually hit his shots.

I'm honestly pretty sad not to get to watch more Luka... apparently his 77 points either scored or assisted on today are the most ever in a game 7. The guy is just so, so good.
Old 06-06-2021, 05:56 PM   #454
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Yeah. Luka just needs a good team around him and he’ll be even scarier
Old 06-06-2021, 05:59 PM   #455
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't even know who to pair him with though. I mean, he'd be a great Raptor... pipe dreams.
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2021, 08:32 PM   #456
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I were the Mavs, I'd seriously consider trying to get Lowry there. It would take either a sign-and-trade or clearing a lot of cap space, but he'd be able to bring a lot of what Paul brings to Phoenix, in terms of a guy who's able to manage the game while complementing Luka and playing lead guard while he sits. Not sure there's a trade there that makes sense for the Raptors (I want no part of Porzingas).

Last edited by octothorp; 06-06-2021 at 08:37 PM.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2021, 08:42 PM   #457
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
If I were the Mavs, I'd seriously consider trying to get Lowry there. It would take either a sign-and-trade or clearing a lot of cap space, but he'd be able to bring a lot of what Paul brings to Phoenix, in terms of a guy who's able to manage the game while complementing Luka and playing lead guard while he sits. Not sure there's a trade there that makes sense for the Raptors (I want no part of Porzingas).

Yeah, Porzingas has fallen off the map due to his own doing. Lazy and just doesn't seem to care anymore. Lowry makes a lot of sense for Dallas but potentially a third team involved would make sense.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:21 AM   #458
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Lowry idea is interesting... I mean, he's too old to solve anything for them long term, but imagine if they get rid of KP and bring on Lowry, only to sign another free agent...

Spoiler!

... Admit it, you'd immediately start cheering for the Mavs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2021, 07:14 PM   #459
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe it's just me, but I find the Nets significantly more detestable than the Warriors ever were. Like with the Warriors it was just Durant who sucked, I still loved Steph and Klay. But the Nets are just...yikes. Harden quit on his team, got rewarded. Blake Griffin quit on his team, got rewarded. Kyrie is Kyrie. Durant is a baby too. Just nothing redeemable about them at all.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:10 PM   #460
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Eh. That Warriors team was the most I despised a team since the early 2010’s Nucks. This Nets team doesn’t do anything to me.

Tags
#crapforcade , #suckforsuggs , jurassic bay