Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2018, 03:18 PM   #2041
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Will the YYZ - Barcelona flight be a 767 or 787?

Officially I think they have only committed to keeping the aircraft until around 2020 but they are currently training crews to replace the ones that will move to the 787 so I'm assuming they have some sort of plan to keep them around for a few more years at least.

http://westjet.mediaroom.com/2018-10...dias-Barcelona
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2018, 06:14 PM   #2042
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redforever View Post
More details of my disastrous outbound flight from Calgary.
I mean... it happens. They all suck relatively equally. This is a weekly occurrence with one of the morning outbound United flights.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2018, 12:48 PM   #2043
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are flights delayed getting out this morning? I’ve had three different delay notifications for my inbound flight from LAS.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:18 PM   #2044
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Majority of arrivals/departures are delayed, but not massive delays for most. Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver are all having issues today also so there will be no recovery till the end of the day.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2018, 10:27 PM   #2045
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

YYC customs hall is an abomination
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:59 AM   #2046
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not officially confirmed anywhere but a post on the YYC Spotters Facebook page says that Hainan is going to pull the plug on the PEK flight very soon. It's been rumoured for a bit.

In other news YTD passenger numbers are looking good and the airport is on track to surpass 17 million this year.

http://www.yyc.com/en-us/media/facts...tatistics.aspx
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:21 AM   #2047
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Sucks if true, a flight to China should have opened up all kinds of doors, especially for a growing middle-class in China with tourist dollars to burn. That said, I can imagine that Air Canada's direct flight to Tokyo probably appeals to more Asia visitors, and going to Vancouver first - which has way more connections to Asia - is probably contributing to this decision.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:30 AM   #2048
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tokyo flight isn't doing that much better, it's gone for the winter and is hopefully returning as a summer seasonal flight.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2018, 08:40 AM   #2049
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

I remember taking the Tokyo flight numerous times in the winter months . . . Did it change recently? Always seemed packed whenever I took it.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:46 AM   #2050
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup it got moved to summer seasonal last year I think, problem now is that AC is getting rid of the 767 frames so it becomes a question of what will operate YYC-NRT and if a new frame (787) justifies the route versus putting it somewhere more profitable.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:47 AM   #2051
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

I believe it was a Toronto-source flight with Calgary kind of as a stopover, so I imagine it matters what they want to do with the YYZ-NRT flight as a whole.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2018, 09:04 AM   #2052
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I believe it was a Toronto-source flight with Calgary kind of as a stopover, so I imagine it matters what they want to do with the YYZ-NRT flight as a whole.

Yeah it was operating YYZ-YYC-NRT, for a while it did make a go of it on its own simply doing YYC-NRT and I think they used the frame to also operate some of the YYC-OGG runs in the winter. Of course out of YYZ there are only connections via YVR right now to NRT, but there is also the daily non-stop YYZ-Haneda.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2018, 05:05 PM   #2053
LanceUppercut
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Is there any place after U.S. Customs to buy pre-packaged fresh fruits/vegetables to take on flights? Items like carrot sticks/celery/red pepper and cantaloupe/strawberries etc? I want to take some snacks on the flight for my son, but don't want the hassle of having to pass them through US customs itself.

Uh... Lance Uppercut.
LanceUppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:08 PM   #2054
rotten42
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Last edited by rotten42; 12-01-2018 at 05:10 PM. Reason: nevermind
rotten42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:28 PM   #2055
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceUppercut View Post
Is there any place after U.S. Customs to buy pre-packaged fresh fruits/vegetables to take on flights? Items like carrot sticks/celery/red pepper and cantaloupe/strawberries etc? I want to take some snacks on the flight for my son, but don't want the hassle of having to pass them through US customs itself.
There's a Jugo Juice if you don't mind having them in juice form. I think Starbucks and the convenience type store have a few fruit snacks but the selection will be limited.

Last edited by Amethyst; 12-02-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:16 PM   #2056
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceUppercut View Post
If you can get into the lounge in US departures you could grab a banana, apple or maybe orange. The sometimes have carrots or something similar. Depends on if you are there during breakfast, lunch or dinner.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:57 PM   #2057
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Burger King has mozzarella sticks.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2018, 02:17 PM   #2058
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Aeromexico had flown MEX-YYC, then dropped it after about a year. WestJet took over the route but announced they were dropping it too, now the airport authority tweets this:

"YYC Calgary International Airport is excited to welcome back Aeromexico with service to Mexico City beginning May 31, 2019. The airline will operate seasonal direct flights four days a week linking Calgary and Mexico’s capital city. "

Nice to get the MEX connection back, hope it can stick around seasonally with them.

Last edited by Bigtime; 12-07-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:09 PM   #2059
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Aeromexico had flown MEX-YYC, then dropped it after about a year. WestJet took over the route but announced they were dropping it too, now the airport authority tweets this:

"YYC Calgary International Airport is excited to welcome back Aeromexico with service to Mexico City beginning May 31, 2019. The airline will operate seasonal direct flights four days a week linking Calgary and Mexico’s capital city. "

Nice to get the MEX connection back, hope it can stick around seasonally with them.

From a load factor perspective it is a popular route. From what I remember it was probably around 80% for the Westjet flights with lots of connecting passengers going onwards within Mexico and onto South America.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 03:33 PM   #2060
vegasbound
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
YYC customs hall is an abomination

AGREED. What a freakin' disaster. Landed at 10 pm last night and it took forever to get through. Why on earth did they change it?! I've landed at the exact same time before with even more planes landing at the same time and it took half the time to go through. And then you had airlines telling people they didn't have to fill out the customs declaration on the plane so imagine their surprise when they got to the line up, saw how HUGE it was and they had to in fact, fill it out.

What a joke YYC.
vegasbound is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
go flames go , say no to yeg , tunnel of death , yyc