Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2021, 11:28 PM   #341
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player
 
Jiggy_12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I'm like, halfway through this Rogan Lazar thing, and I gotta say, it's pretty unconvincing. It doesn't help that super slick sales guy slides in all the time to grease it up.

A big standout was his gravitational waves claim, which is just baffling. He's claiming he predicted gravity as a wave, but that's not even true now. Gravitational waves are real, and predicted by Einstein, so I'm not sure what he is laying claim to. The base gravitational force still has no known source, unlike every other force. So claiming gravity is a wave(not a particle) is quizzical. It's almost like he doesn't know what he's talking about...
I assume youre talking about Corbell?

Yeah, hes pretty unbearable and only helps to inhibit anything else.

I dont know what to make of Lazar, but i certainty dont think Corbell adds any legitimacy to his case.
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2021, 08:12 AM   #342
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player
 
VladtheImpaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
If it's so obvious it's should easily be provable. C'mon, counselor.
Sorry, what's provable? Aliens? I take it is proven that Fravor had an encounter as he described. I have no idea what it means, as mentioned. Given the number of witnesses, the unique training of said witnesses, the instrument tracking, the radar tracking from an AEGIS platform, I, as the judge, make a finding of fact that what Fravor says happened in fact happened. USN shares that view apparently.
Lazar sounded good, but was not helped by the greasy salesman. Also, a part of me just thinks this is a man who might simply be "crazy", orwhatever the technical term is...
__________________
Cordially as always,
Vlad the Impaler

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:24 AM   #343
Monahammer
#1 Goaltender
 
Monahammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: St. Albert (Calgary-Jr.)
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I'm like, halfway through this Rogan Lazar thing, and I gotta say, it's pretty unconvincing. It doesn't help that super slick sales guy slides in all the time to grease it up.

A big standout was his gravitational waves claim, which is just baffling. He's claiming he predicted gravity as a wave, but that's not even true now. Gravitational waves are real, and predicted by Einstein, so I'm not sure what he is laying claim to. The base gravitational force still has no known source, unlike every other force. So claiming gravity is a wave(not a particle) is quizzical. It's almost like he doesn't know what he's talking about...
You're not rolling your eyes every time his "Migraine" flairs up right as he's getting to important details about the aliens, the devices themselves, or the scientific aspects of his story?

Another part that got me- it got me because he sounded like my dad, who god bless him is not a scientist at all- but he described the operator of the flying saucer as "driving" a few times and caught himself to switch to flying. It's a small thing, but IMO not a thing that a scientist who studied this unidentified, unexplainable flying device would slip up and say.

I can't believe anyone believes this guy.

Fravor is believable, 100% in my mind. I think he genuinely can't explain what he saw. Lazar is making it up.
Monahammer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2021, 08:56 AM   #344
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin
 
DownInFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
Sorry, what's provable? Aliens? I take it is proven that Fravor had an encounter as he described. I have no idea what it means, as mentioned. Given the number of witnesses, the unique training of said witnesses, the instrument tracking, the radar tracking from an AEGIS platform, I, as the judge, make a finding of fact that what Fravor says happened in fact happened. USN shares that view apparently.
Lazar sounded good, but was not helped by the greasy salesman. Also, a part of me just thinks this is a man who might simply be "crazy", orwhatever the technical term is...
Prove that his training gives him the preternatural ability to gauge the size of a completely unknown object from far away. I know fighter pilots are gifted with amazing reflexes and observational abilities, but Id like to see details of their training that overcomes the limits of human vision.

Id also like to see the radar data. What does it show?

Im not trying to be a dick. Ill give Fravor the benefit of the doubt that he believes in his experience, but I need more evidence to accept it as fact.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:26 AM   #345
karl262
Scoring Winger
 
karl262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:28 AM   #346
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up
 
Scroopy Noopers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Plutanamo Bay.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Prove that his training gives him the preternatural ability to gauge the size of a completely unknown object from far away. I know fighter pilots are gifted with amazing reflexes and observational abilities, but Id like to see details of their training that overcomes the limits of human vision.

Id also like to see the radar data. What does it show?

Im not trying to be a dick. Ill give Fravor the benefit of the doubt that he believes in his experience, but I need more evidence to accept it as fact.
Okay, we all need that for it to be fact. Its easily to most interesting and respectable claim on anything UFO related, picking stupid holes in it isnt some big brain exercise.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:06 AM   #347
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player
 
VladtheImpaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Prove that his training gives him the preternatural ability to gauge the size of a completely unknown object from far away. I know fighter pilots are gifted with amazing reflexes and observational abilities, but Id like to see details of their training that overcomes the limits of human vision.

Id also like to see the radar data. What does it show?

Im not trying to be a dick. Ill give Fravor the benefit of the doubt that he believes in his experience, but I need more evidence to accept it as fact.
I think this has all been covered, particularly in the Fridman interview. Like I said, on a court room standard for evidence, I am satisfied that he saw what he said he saw. The interpretation and further possibilities is the real interesting part.
__________________
Cordially as always,
Vlad the Impaler

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VladtheImpaler For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2021, 12:58 PM   #348
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer
 
troutman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Winebar Kensington
Exp:
Default

How cities will fossilise

The grand metropolises of 21st Century civilisation will leave a geological legacy that will last for millennia, but as the author David Farrier writes, some things will endure far longer than others.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...=pocket-newtab

Quote:
As millions of years stretch into tens of millions, the transformations come more slowly. Rare earth minerals, leached from discarded mobile phones and other electronic devices, may begin to form secondary mineral crystals. Glass from windshields and shop windows will devitrify, darkening just as obsidian does after long burial. By now, the entire city is compressed to a layer perhaps only a few metres thick in the strata. All that is left of Shanghai Tower is a geological anomaly studded with the fossil outlines of chopsticks, chairs, sim cards, and hair clips.

All of this will be deeply buried, in some cases thousands of metres down. But geology never stands still. After around one hundred million years, as new mountain ranges begin to form, the layer of compacted rubble that was once Shanghai Tower may be pushed upwards, and revealed.
__________________
http://navigator.law
http://cjsw.com/program/fossil-records/
twitter/instagram @troutman1966

Last edited by troutman; 05-11-2021 at 01:00 PM.
troutman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2021, 01:07 PM   #349
karl262
Scoring Winger
 
karl262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Prove that his training gives him the preternatural ability to gauge the size of a completely unknown object from far away. I know fighter pilots are gifted with amazing reflexes and observational abilities, but Id like to see details of their training that overcomes the limits of human vision.



Id also like to see the radar data. What does it show?



Im not trying to be a dick. Ill give Fravor the benefit of the doubt that he believes in his experience, but I need more evidence to accept it as fact.
Fravor talks about the training and methodology they use for identifying aircraft and it wouldn't be difficult to learn more if you're really interested.

As for the radar tapes I'm sure they exist but are understandably classified. We're talking about probably the best radar system in the world, the SPY-1. Releasing that publicly would probably give potential adversaries damaging intelligence. Maybe we'll see more in the upcoming report ordered in the covid relief bill, I think its due in 2 months or so.

The guy working the radar though, Kevin Day, says in the interview I posted above that he had good radar tracking on many of these things and was also able to put eyes on one using the ships powerful binoculars, which he calls the "big eyes".

That YouTube channel has other interviews from witnesses of this specific incident too.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karl262 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:23 PM.

Calgary Flames
2019-20




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021