Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-22-2020, 04:08 PM   #6061
aaronck
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
I think this is amazing- It's like the Alberta UCP has no idea Albertans have the Internet, or that we are all stupid, or they just DGAF.
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aaronck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2020, 04:13 PM   #6062
Johnny Makarov
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronck View Post
I think this is amazing- It's like the Alberta UCP has no idea Albertans have the Internet, or that we are all stupid, or they just DGAF.
Do they care though? All these idiot lemmings are just going to vote them in again if the only other viable alternative is the NDP.

Moron Kenney should just ram through a PST now if he had any common sense, which he doesnt.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:55 PM   #6063
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I read about the cancellation of a law that prohibits open pit coal mining in the mountains and I can hardly believe these fools. I’m in favour of fossil fuel development in general, and support oil and gas. However, the attitude of this government to our parks and wild lands is just shocking. I am so opposed to this, i find myself aiding with the environmentalists on this one.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2020, 04:56 PM   #6064
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate that phrase x is gonna x.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:53 PM   #6065
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Haters gonna hate
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2020, 11:22 PM   #6066
Krovikan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I read about the cancellation of a law that prohibits open pit coal mining in the mountains and I can hardly believe these fools. I’m in favour of fossil fuel development in general, and support oil and gas. However, the attitude of this government to our parks and wild lands is just shocking. I am so opposed to this, i find myself aiding with the environmentalists on this one.
I just don't get it, coal isn't a growth industry, and one thing unites all voters in Alberta we love our mountains and rail on BC for their open pit mines. We already have an eyesore in Exshaw, we don't need more.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krovikan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2020, 01:01 AM   #6067
PaperBagger'14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
X is gonna give it to ya
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2020, 04:33 PM   #6068
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Alberta’s United Conservative Party to apply for federal emergency wage subsidy program

https://globalnews.ca/news/6978893/u...-wage-subsidy/

Quote:
Alberta’s governing United Conservative Party is applying for the federal government’s emergency wage subsidy program, a party spokesperson confirmed to Global News.

According to the UCP, it is applying for the program to cover employees salaries as donations to the party have dwindled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“As we had previously noted, our fundraising opportunities have been restricted during the pandemic and we have lost fundraising events in our 2020 calendar due to the restrictions on gatherings,” UCP director of communications Evan Menzies said in a statement to Global News.

The alternative, according to Menzies, was to lay off their staff of eight and have them apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit or Employment Insurance.
Quote:
“I think its a horrible idea for parties, and yes they’re eligible,” Mount Royal University political scientist Duane Bratt said. “These are non-profit organizations, they are eligible, but I think it looks really bad politically to be applying for this even though you can.”

According to the federal government, the subsidy was launched to enable businesses and non-profits to rehire workers previously laid off as a result of COVID-19, prevent further job losses, and better position those businesses and non-profits to resume normal operations following the pandemic.

Between January 1 and March 31 2020, the UCP raised $1,039,413.54, not including the donations to constituency associations.

However, the party finished 2019 with a $2.3-million deficit and net liabilities of $1.1 million, according to year-end financial statements from Elections Alberta.

“Yes they’re raising a lot of money, but they spend just as much for every dollar that comes in,” Bratt said. “Look at how much they spent on the 2019 election, look at the size of their organization.”

Meanwhile, Alberta’s New Democratic Party has told Global News it will not be applying for CEWS for its eight employees.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2020, 05:34 PM   #6069
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Alberta’s United Conservative Party to apply for federal emergency wage subsidy program

https://globalnews.ca/news/6978893/u...-wage-subsidy/
It's funny they are blaming covid for donations not coming in
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:34 PM   #6070
Izzle
Scoring Winger

Exp:

UCP party has a revenue problem due to Covid-19.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:08 AM   #6071
Lubicon
First Line Centre

Exp:

The optics of doing this are horrible. All the federal parties with the exception of the Bloc have also done this. You would think they would know better but it shows how out of touch they all are with reality.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote