Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2022, 12:14 AM   #901
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Henry is such a tool. Was wonderful watching him mope off the pitch after the match was over.

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk
Hockey-and_stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hockey-and_stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 06:58 AM   #902
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Talked to Bevan, he's coming back in September. Spoke with Alarcon too, he got a knick in training and will be back next game.
See you in 2023 Alarcon…!

Sounds like I missed a fantastic night out. Good news is I gave my tickets to a buddy who is now completely hooked on Cavalry!
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 11:30 AM   #903
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Scenes when Cantave scored the winner last night...

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 05:15 PM   #904
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Someone captured Henry spitting on Escalante.

https://v.redd.it/l8k9nhax2kh91

Old 08-13-2022, 05:41 PM   #905
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

God I hate Forge

That better be lengthy suspension
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 05:54 PM   #906
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'd put good money on it being aggressively ignored by the league until after the season where we get a 3 sentence press release saying that an investigation was done with inconclusive results.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 06:25 PM   #907
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Elephant View Post
I'd put good money on it being aggressively ignored by the league until after the season where we get a 3 sentence press release saying that an investigation was done with inconclusive results.
Don't worry it will go the CSA like the Racism incident a few years back. And the CSA will again take 3 months to deliver an inconclusive verdict as the Forge and CSB will advise the CSA what to do...because they own the CSA, literally.

Related, wasn't Henry the one at the time that wrote the letter to the CPL.to please not suspend anyone from the incident? Of course he just had to walk a flight of stairs to deliver the letter.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 06:41 PM   #908
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Scenes when Cantave scored the winner last night...

That looks like a lot of fun.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 06:43 PM   #909
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Someone captured Henry spitting on Escalante.

https://v.redd.it/l8k9nhax2kh91
What a POS human.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8 Ball For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 08:14 PM   #910
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
That looks like a lot of fun.
It is. Security was cracking down all over the stadium last night so hopefully it stays that way...

Old 08-14-2022, 08:51 AM   #911
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
It is. Security was cracking down all over the stadium last night so hopefully it stays that way...
I felt to me that more than a few security guards were overly eager in looking for opportunities to confront people. I also distinctly recall hearing a pre-game announcement Friday evening saying that "THERE IS NO ROOM FOR RACISM AND SWEARING IN SOCCER"

Yes, I agree 100% that there is no room for racism, homophobia & misogyny. People who call opposing players "f*ggots" or "monkeys" should definitely be tossed out of the stadium without hesistation. I sit down low in 109, and I wanted to chirp the female ref on her way out for raising her flag to indicate offside (thankfully overruled) on the Cantave GWG, and I knew instinctively that I absolutely needed to avoid saying anything about gender.

However, it's not a proper football experience without the ability to swear!

Last edited by Howie_16; 08-14-2022 at 10:00 AM.
Howie_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 10:10 AM   #912
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if this was in response to the #### the forge chant from a month ago.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 11:21 AM   #913
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Do the Foot Soldiers have a channel with the club to bring up these sort of things, like a liaison of sorts?

I find that fans are very well behaved, but security often has a bit of a chip on their shoulders for no good reason. They also seem to have a lack of understanding of soccer culture.

A few weeks back, security scolded someone for singing some sort of Scottish "cheerio" song and waving goodbye to the Halifax(?) player that got sent off. No swears, nothing vulgar, just a bit of lighthearted banter. She finger-wagged him and said some sort of command that we couldn't hear anyway, but she was not impressed.

And then at the end of the match as the players left the pitch, the same security guard tried to get all of 109 to stop any sort of banter over the railings to the opposing players, even though there was nothing aggressive or rude about it.

It was kind of sad and comical to see such a clueless attempt to throw a wet blanket over the fans. Fans are supposed to give the opponents a hard time. Sometimes players smile back and I have even seen some opposing players acknowledge the banter with a little respectful clap, thumbs up, hand on heart, etc. The players get it, the fans get it, but the rent-a-cops are getting a different memo.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2022, 12:04 PM   #914
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
I find that fans are very well behaved, but security often has a bit of a chip on their shoulders for no good reason. They also seem to have a lack of understanding of soccer culture.
They = the Southern family + Ian Allison. They should worry more about keeping the ATCO Field grass green instead.

#WaterTheDangLawn
Howie_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Howie_16 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2022, 12:59 PM   #915
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
Do the Foot Soldiers have a channel with the club to bring up these sort of things, like a liaison of sorts?

A few weeks back, security scolded someone for singing some sort of Scottish "cheerio" song and waving goodbye to the Halifax(?) player that got sent off. No swears, nothing vulgar, just a bit of lighthearted banter. She finger-wagged him and said some sort of command that we couldn't hear anyway, but she was not impressed.

And then at the end of the match as the players left the pitch, the same security guard tried to get all of 109 to stop any sort of banter over the railings to the opposing players, even though there was nothing aggressive or rude about it.

It was kind of sad and comical to see such a clueless attempt to throw a wet blanket over the fans. Fans are supposed to give the opponents a hard time. Sometimes players smile back and I have even seen some opposing players acknowledge the banter with a little respectful clap, thumbs up, hand on heart, etc. The players get it, the fans get it, but the rent-a-cops are getting a different memo.
Without divulging too much, we're working through a battle with the club and the new head of security at the moment. But we do have a channel to bring up concerns like this with the club.

The old head of security left a little while ago, so in my opinion, what we have seen since mid July is a direct result of that.

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2022, 01:29 PM   #916
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Without divulging too much, we're working through a battle with the club and the new head of security at the moment. But we do have a channel to bring up concerns like this with the club.

The old head of security left a little while ago, so in my opinion, what we have seen since mid July is a direct result of that.
Understood. I hope that you are able to be heard. It would be a real shame if fans get turned off because of security smothering the atmosphere for no good reason.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2022, 05:17 PM   #917
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie_16 View Post
They should worry more about keeping the ATCO Field grass green instead.

#WaterTheDangLawn
For a place who's business is producing nice looking grass that can survive horses, I'm shocked at how much they've struggled with keeping the field up. See: Lake Escalante, The Camargo Desert.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2022, 11:42 AM   #918
Redliner
Franchise Player

Exp:

One of the main things that makes Cavs games so much fun is the lively atmosphere. Take away that unique game day experience and it's going to be tough to find fans for a product that (rightly or wrongly) has traditionally been a hard sell in this city.
"There will be a short outage tonight sometime between 11:00PM and 1:00AM as network upgrades are performed. Please do not panic and overthrow society. Thank you."
Redliner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redliner For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2022, 12:04 PM   #919
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Rumour: Jordan Brown Set For CPL Return

While the move is still in the final stages, the destination remains unconfirmed: it’s no secret that Cavalry FC is searching for a striker to replace Aribim Pepple, with the Spruce Meadows outlet having been sniffing around for Mo Babouli before he inked a deal with York United instead.

However, Cavalry – much like York United, Atletico Ottawa, Halifax Wanderers, and Valour – are full-up on internationals, which limits Brown’s potential move to Forge, Pacific, or FC Edmonton. The hammers seem set up top with the recruitment of Jordan Hamilton, while FC Edmonton’s fiscal situation likely precludes them from adding any midseason roster-moves – unless Brown arrives on loan, of course.

Personally I'd like him back. But if we're full, and Mason is striking up again, and with Bevan coming back imminently, I don't see the Cavs making a move. TBH, I see him going to Valour or Ottawa.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 01:46 PM   #920
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

I doubt Brown would be back here. There's a fit, but we are at the max for internationals, and we still need to sign a U-21 as Kaiser and Rogers left for University. Need to have 3 on the roster at all times and I don't think players on dev contracts count.

Tags
cavalry , cpl , eff the forge , fc edmonton is no good