Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
That looks amazing! Can't wait.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:36 PM   #2482
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Update, Space Haven is a fantastically fun game, but its also a bit of an exercise in frustration. I love the building ship aspect and even the resource and boarding aspect. But you can't survive without manufacturing as the trade possibilities don't often include the blocks that you need. Let alone I had a major fire on my ship that killed like 4 of my 6 crewmen, and then the last two died because the air scrubbers were burned in the fire.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:09 PM   #2483
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Update, Space Haven is a fantastically fun game, but its also a bit of an exercise in frustration. I love the building ship aspect and even the resource and boarding aspect. But you can't survive without manufacturing as the trade possibilities don't often include the blocks that you need. Let alone I had a major fire on my ship that killed like 4 of my 6 crewmen, and then the last two died because the air scrubbers were burned in the fire.
It’s been likened to Rimworld in space so it’s not surprising things can go wrong like that. I want to play but I’ll probably wait until it’s released to see how it turns out.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:06 AM   #2484
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I'm not going to lie - this makes it sound better to me. Too many games are afraid of making bad things have major consequences to your success. It's usually "I'll hit the repair button and things are back to normal". I liked FTL because small things on your ship could really spiral out of control, and an one enemy that boarded your ship and you couldn't find quickly could really mess up your systems. It felt more "real" to me?

However if they said you could choose one way to play Space Haven and run with it, then your note about needing manufacturing alongside trade kinda sucks.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:08 PM   #2485
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:08 AM   #2486
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
That looks amazing! Can't wait.
I replayed TLOU a month ago. I think I might actually pony up the full $80 for the first time ever if there isn't a decent pre-order discount. I skipped the previous pre-orders because the bonuses were kinda meh and I was willing to wait. But replaying TLOU makes me want to play this right at release.
DoubleF is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2020, 07:22 AM   #2487
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
It’s been likened to Rimworld in space so it’s not surprising things can go wrong like that. I want to play but I’ll probably wait until it’s released to see how it turns out.
If you liked Rimworld you'll like this. Essentially Rimworld meets FTL. I can't recommend it enough if that's your sort of thing
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:03 AM   #2488
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its a great game a and a lot of fun

1) Its amazing how many times you'll start over.
2) No matter how carefully you map out what you think your cool starship will look at some point you'll look at it and think, many I made a misshapen ugly ship.
3) Resource balancing is so cool, don't take your eyes off of food and water.
4) Keep an eye on your mass, or one day you'll jump into a system, your mass will grow and you won't be able to jump, and you might not have enough blocks to build a hyper drive to allow you to jump.
5) The worst part is the start as your building and your poor people are sleeping on a floor in poop filled uniforms.
6) If you watch the messaging Metoo hasn't gone to space.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:55 PM   #2489
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
If you liked Rimworld you'll like this. Essentially Rimworld meets FTL. I can't recommend it enough if that's your sort of thing
I’ll definitely play it when it’s finished. It’s still in alpha so it’s not feature complete. Looks like fun already though.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:54 AM   #2490
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2020, 06:27 PM   #2491
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://www.gog.com/game/total_anihi...commander_pack

Total Annihilation free on GoG.com as part of their summer sale.

Offer ends June 7, 2020

Quote:
ATI/AMD compatibility notice: Total Annihilation: Commander Pack requires graphic card drivers version 13.4 or older.

Mac notice: The game is 32-bit only and will not work on macOS 10.15 and up.
Cliche is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cliche For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2020, 06:08 PM   #2492
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Warzone has to be the most addicting multiplayer game I’ve played in a long time. So good.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:41 PM   #2493
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Is Fallen Order worth sticking through the grind? I did the first planet without much trouble, but repeatedly dying on Dathomir and having to slog through the same enemies over and over again is getting real old. I was prepared for a game with a God of War style difficulty, but not one with such sloppy controls that can't recognize a parry half the time I hit it
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:06 PM   #2494
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Is Fallen Order worth sticking through the grind? I did the first planet without much trouble, but repeatedly dying on Dathomir and having to slog through the same enemies over and over again is getting real old. I was prepared for a game with a God of War style difficulty, but not one with such sloppy controls that can't recognize a parry half the time I hit it
You aren’t really “supposed” to go to Dathomir right away. The game lets you but the enemies are far beyond what the expected difficulty would be, and you’ll get blocked out of progress halfway through it anyways. Back out and head to Zeffo (and follow the story from there) and the difficulty will be much more in line. You’ll come back to Dathomir much later and much more prepared.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:12 PM   #2495
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Well that's just terrible game design then
Old 06-07-2020, 08:16 PM   #2496
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Yea that part confused me a little bit to, but its a small blemish on what is otherwise a great game. Especially towards the end. The game is pretty short so its definitely worth finishing. I think its like a 25ish hour game if I remember correctly? That is if you spend time looking for the secrets.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:30 PM   #2497
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Well that's just terrible game design then
Is it? I’m pretty sure the characters straight up tell you you should go to Zeffo first and that Dathomir is sketchy. And if you manage to get through it you get a pretty good reward that would help you a lot in the other areas a lot earlier than you would otherwise, so it’s not for nothing.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:40 PM   #2498
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
This looks pretty cool. Looks like a combination of Civ and Crusader Kings.

Bought this yesterday and have been playing it all day. It's pretty good and plays pretty much exactly like a Civ/Crusader Kings/Total War combo.

You can get it on Epic with their $14 off coupon for $30.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2020, 02:15 PM   #2499
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I actually think Civ 6 is the most accessible one in the series (keep in mind I played 3 and 4 but not 5). Way less micro-managing.
Snagged the free offer too, finally fired it up. It's been over a decade, I forgot how addicting Civ games are! Was up way too late with that last night.

My first run-through so thought I'd take it slow to re-educate myself and get the new features down, wasn't planning on any attacks. But my friendly neighbour China apparently didn't appreciate how close I built my 2nd city, which I only did to connect my capital Athens to the sea. He cancelled our trade and turned hostile. So I decided fine, made some hoplites and attacked the capital as I'm more advanced than them.

Only they resisted better than I thought, and now I'm embroiled in some long, drawn out war I want out of, I'm going broke buying soldiers and siege weapons and only producing soldiers so its stunting my city's growth. He refuses to accept a peace deal too, even though he's purely on the defensive. This has gotten way too real ha-ha. The depth of this game is crazy..i should prob watch one of those YouTube tutorials.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 06:57 PM   #2500
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Fallen Order is a huge letdown. Combat isn't fun, sliding is one of the worst platforming mechanics I've ever encountered, and no quick save feature makes this game a stupidly frustrating experience. I've been wanting a new Jedi Knight game for so long but this one misses the mark completely. Think I'm going to give Jedi Academy another go just to get the taste of this one out of my mouth