Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-12-2017, 12:46 PM   #1
HappyGilmore
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Default Cell phone number search

With all these "reverse" look up sites can people use my number and for that small fee find my adress and full name?
Old 10-12-2017, 02:09 PM   #2
HappyGilmore
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I got off the phone with my phone company and they said it's all protected information, but they didn't sound confident . Can anyone on the CP brain trust confirm or deny ?
Old 10-12-2017, 02:28 PM   #3
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have no idea, but given all the avenues for creating databases with information like that, it doesn't sound impossible for them to have it. I guess you could give in and try paying them to see what info they have on you, if you really wanted to know.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:44 PM   #4
psicodude
First Line Centre

Exp:

The short answer is "no", but "probably" is more accurate.

You cell company won't share or sell that information, as it's illegal for them to do so. The question though is: do you use your cell phone number for signing up for other services? I'm talking about reward programs, stuff on the internet, etc. Those services will gladly sell their customer database, and if your info is there, it will be made public sooner or later.

Personally, this is the only reason I keep the landline running. It's the barren wasteland of scam/sales/crap calls and keep my cell as private as I can. That may not be worth the $10/month to everyone though.
psicodude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to psicodude For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2017, 03:01 PM   #5
HappyGilmore
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicodude View Post
The short answer is "no", but "probably" is more accurate.

You cell company won't share or sell that information, as it's illegal for them to do so. The question though is: do you use your cell phone number for signing up for other services? I'm talking about reward programs, stuff on the internet, etc. Those services will gladly sell their customer database, and if your info is there, it will be made public sooner or later.

Personally, this is the only reason I keep the landline running. It's the barren wasteland of scam/sales/crap calls and keep my cell as private as I can. That may not be worth the $10/month to everyone though.
So it would be unlikely that a "investigator" sort of search would turn much up. With what I've seen there's quite a bit of these reverse dial sites,that particular one would've had to purchased a sites database, that I happen to be on.

Long story short tho , my info isn'tj just free to the world?
Old 10-12-2017, 03:03 PM   #6
psicodude
First Line Centre

Exp:

Not if you've been careful, no.
psicodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:33 PM   #7
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicodude View Post

Do EXACTLY the same thing. I ignore 99% of the calls that go to it. My parents are the only legit users of that #. Haha, old school parents......
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote