Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2011, 03:40 PM   #21
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.magicjacksupport.com/

unofficial magicjack forum.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #22
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

So the president of the company I work for suggested to the head of our IT department that we use MagicJacks for faxing. For us it wouldn't be the long-distance charges we save on, but the monthly bill for the analog line. MagicJack says "yes it works" but of course they stand to make more money with that answer. I've never seen and testimonials from people successfully using this with faxes.

I would be concerned about poor call quality resulting in being unable to send or receive faxes - I just don't know how tolerant fax communications are to poor lines. Any thoughts and opinions?
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #23
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFetish View Post
So the president of the company I work for suggested to the head of our IT department that we use MagicJacks for faxing. For us it wouldn't be the long-distance charges we save on, but the monthly bill for the analog line. MagicJack says "yes it works" but of course they stand to make more money with that answer. I've never seen and testimonials from people successfully using this with faxes.

I would be concerned about poor call quality resulting in being unable to send or receive faxes - I just don't know how tolerant fax communications are to poor lines. Any thoughts and opinions?
You are converting an analog fax signal to a low rate digital signal, and back to analog at the exit point on the other end - it might work, might work more slowly at times due to error correction,or might not work at all at times.

It would suck for your faxes to transmit only sometimes; fax is bad enough as is, why make it worse?

I'd check out an online fax service in lieu of a solution like this.