Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Shaw PVR Recording Issues

I have a PVR from Shaw that's only a few months old. I've been recording a bunch of NHL playoff games the night before / morning of and adding 1 or 2 hours (in case of OT) as per the option, then having the TV off but the PVR on until the game is partway through. I think turn on the recording generally partway through the game (as it still records).

During the past few weeks as I turn on the recording, it just shows a black screen with no audio and the duration bar is partway through the screen (ie on minute 8:16, for example) and not moving.

Recordings still work if I play around with them. ie try to reproduce this by setting something to record and turning off the TV. The only time it does this is for hockey somehow. I think most, if not all, the occurrences are on CBC.

Any ideas?

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

There was a firmware upgrade sent on May 21. My boxes cable card was done for. They had to send out service twice; second time they replaced the box. Is your box rebooting?
LIP MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LIP MAN For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

This sounds like the box is dying. I would call customer service, or do the online chat and get them to verify so you can replace under warranty.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIP MAN View Post
There was a firmware upgrade sent on May 21. My boxes cable card was done for. They had to send out service twice; second time they replaced the box. Is your box rebooting?
I saw that too so I did a hard reset. My box is essentially brand new (~2 months).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
This sounds like the box is dying. I would call customer service, or do the online chat and get them to verify so you can replace under warranty.
I'll try that, just wondering if anyone had a similar issue / easy answer. Kinda weird because the box is brand new and the recording problem is oddly specific.

Thanks!

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:05 AM   #5
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My box was new as well. Just call and have them fix it for you.
LIP MAN is offline   Reply With Quote