Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-25-2019, 09:52 PM   #101
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Fun game. Bombers look way more threatening with Collaros in. So basically if the Riders lose tomorrow we finish 1st?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:55 PM   #102
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Fun game. Bombers look way more threatening with Collaros in. So basically if the Riders lose tomorrow we finish 1st?
Nope. Have to beat BC because Bombers have the tiebreaker over the Stamps.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:28 PM   #103
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
This one is on Paredes.. he can't be missing easy ones. I think he will be replaced this off-season.

Yeah, but the special team are bad, they shouldn't have let Grant ran it back for 2 point. The special team hasn't been consistent his season, too many punt and kick off ran back for touchdown.
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:52 PM   #104
Slanter
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Arguably the worst special teams sequence was when Jerome picked up a ball on the 5 that he could have let go into the endzone. Then two and out, followed by Maver pooching a punt that led to an unavoidable 15 yard no yard penelty. Boom, bombers on the 25, touchdown.

Brutal special teams all night.
Slanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:32 PM   #105
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanter View Post
Arguably the worst special teams sequence was when Jerome picked up a ball on the 5 that he could have let go into the endzone. Then two and out, followed by Maver pooching a punt that led to an unavoidable 15 yard no yard penelty. Boom, bombers on the 25, touchdown.

Brutal special teams all night.
Debatable.

Missing an extra point and having it go the other way for two was the point difference in the game.

Given that the Bombers scored the 25 yard TD on the play right after the sequence you mention, no saying they wouldn’t have also got the TD from 30 yards further out on that drive if the same sequence of a pooch punt happened after the conceded single, thought it may have taken a few more play to get thier TD.

So, whether or not the Stamps conceded the single, if RP didn’t miss the PAT and Bombers run it back the other way as occurred, Stamps would’ve been ahead by 4 or by 5 going into that last WPG drive and forced the Bombers to have go for the TD. Or if RP didn’t miss a FG in 2q, same thing. Or BLM miss a wide open recover just before the missed FG.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2019, 12:02 AM   #106
Slanter
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well, I guess the fact that we're arguing over which special teams sequence was worse just confirms how bad the special teams were.

I mean honestly... We didn't even need special teams to be good. Just not actively hurting the team would have done the job.
Slanter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slanter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2019, 01:18 AM   #107
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Well this loss stings because it pretty much assures the west final is at mosaic. Get the job done next week to ensure the bombers have to play here next time. As a cfl fan I was happy to see Collaros perform well. Winnipeg is a real contender with a full season of Collaros. That was obvious tonight.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:17 AM   #108
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
Well this loss stings because it pretty much assures the west final is at mosaic. Get the job done next week to ensure the bombers have to play here next time. As a cfl fan I was happy to see Collaros perform well. Winnipeg is a real contender with a full season of Collaros. That was obvious tonight.

Not really the Riders have a home and home against the Esks, Those are tough to sweep. The Stamps should beat BC.

Its not over yet.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2019, 06:47 AM   #109
Rjcsjc62
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Its a little more complicated. The Riders play Edmonton twice before our game with BC.

If the Riders lose them both. Were first automatically before we play BC. We have the 3way tie breaker.

If the Riders lose once to Edmonton, we will need to beat BC for first place. And we’d be 3rd if we lose.

If the Riders win both games against Edmonton, we need to beat BC for second place. 3rd if we lose.

Last edited by Rjcsjc62; 10-26-2019 at 06:51 AM.
Rjcsjc62 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rjcsjc62 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2019, 08:34 AM   #110
sfpipes
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjcsjc62 View Post
Its a little more complicated. The Riders play Edmonton twice before our game with BC.

If the Riders lose them both. Were first automatically before we play BC. We have the 3way tie breaker.

If the Riders lose once to Edmonton, we will need to beat BC for first place. And we’d be 3rd if we lose.

If the Riders win both games against Edmonton, we need to beat BC for second place. 3rd if we lose.
Thanks for laying that out. I keep forgetting a three way tie has a different tie break procedure. I don’t see the riders losing both games, but stranger things have happened. Also good to remember the Stamps will know exactly what is needed by game time in BC.
sfpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 08:52 AM   #111
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

So basically if we beat BC and/or Esks beat Riders one of their games we, will host a Playoff game?

Planning my tailgate menu.
14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:39 AM   #112
Rjcsjc62
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 View Post
So basically if we beat BC and/or Esks beat Riders one of their games we, will host a Playoff game?

Planning my tailgate menu.
Right. Or if you prefer, our magic number to host the west semi is 1. Our magic number to host the west final is 2.

There are 3 games left that matter, and Calgary is only playing in one of them.

For cold weather games, i prefer doing as little as possible in the parking lot. You cant go wrong serving chili. All the work is done ahead of time. And everyone loves it when its cold out. Be sure to add corn chips. You cant have chili without corn chips.
Rjcsjc62 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rjcsjc62 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2019, 12:06 PM   #113
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

For cold weather games, i prefer doing as little as possible in the parking lot. You cant go wrong serving chili. All the work is done ahead of time. And everyone loves it when its cold out. Be sure to add corn chips. You cant have chili without corn chips.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Menu looks to be Chilli Dog/Smokie buffet, Buffalo Chicken dip and Fruit Crisp. Dip and crisp in Crock Pots to keep warm. Good Times.

Go Stamps.
14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 14 For This Useful Post: