Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2009, 09:40 AM   #41
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I thought last's nights episode was MUCH better then the season premiere. Lafayette in the dungeon, Jason at the creepy cult camp, Bill buying clothes were all great scenes. Sookie's an idiot for taking Jessica home though.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:33 AM   #42
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty gory scene when Lafayette used the artificial hip from the torn off leg of his dead cell mate to escape. You just know that Jason is going to end up nailing the wife of the minister from that church. Bill refusing to accommodate the sheriff (can't remember his name) about using Sookie to help find the people responsible for killing Vampires was very odd. Like the Sheriff said, "I can just take her if I want". What option does Bill have? He can cooperate, or the other vampires will just take her. If Bill try's to stop them they will either kill him, or punish him like they did after he killed the vampire who was stealing from Fangtasia. I'm sure the punishment will be a lot more severe than being saddled with another Jessica.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #43
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't think last night's episode was great. It had some solid moments.....Lafayette trying to escape was great. Can't wait to see what happens at Jessica's old house.

I'm a little confused and maybe I'm missing something here. This dates back to last season. After Bill got all burnt up from being in the sun, then was put into a grave. then he shows up at Sookie's doorstep and says "I fed".......who did he feed on?? Are we supposed to think he had something to do with Miss Jeanette's death?? I at first thought it was Lafayette he fed on, but we know that can't be true. So is he hiding something?? I'm surprised there was almost nothing in last night's episode about the murder investigation.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #44
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

^Wasn't it Sookie's perv of an uncle that he fed on?
Old 06-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #45
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaFrapp View Post
^Wasn't it Sookie's perv of an uncle that he fed on?
No, he killed Uncle Bartlett a long time before that episode. He killed Bartlett the same episode as Grann's funeral, or the episode after because that's when we learn how he used to touch Sookie. Sookie told Bill, Bill went behind Sookie's back and killed him and threw him in the river.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #46
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who knows? He could have fed on anybody. I think they wanted us to think it was Layfayette. Obviously it wasn't. Speaking of Layfayette. Will he be dead? Or are they just going to feed on him like they do with the other Fang Bangers?
Old 06-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #47
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_baby_burn View Post
Who knows? He could have fed on anybody. I think they wanted us to think it was Layfayette. Obviously it wasn't.
yeah, but its pretty interesting because Bill said he hadn't fed on a human for a long time and had grown accustomed to Tru Blood.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:36 AM   #48
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Crazy episode last night. WTF was that thing that attacked Sookie? And how did the new blonde survive it, if that's where her scars came from?

I thought the Jason storyline was pretty boring though.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #49
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaFrapp View Post
Crazy episode last night. WTF was that thing that attacked Sookie? And how did the new blonde survive it, if that's where her scars came from?

I thought the Jason storyline was pretty boring though.
Great episode. The Minotaur attack was very odd. The Vampires feel that Sookie is very valuable with her ability to read minds. Maybe the Minotaur is a enemy of the Vampires and wanted to kill Sookie to keep her from helping the Vampires. The part with Lafayette, Sookie and Eric was pretty predictable once Sookie found Lafayette in the basement of Fangtasia.

I thought the Jason storyline was hilarious. Especially when he was having diner with Steve and Sarah. The way he was holding his fork almost made me wet my pants.

The storyline around Maryanne is very interesting. I have no idea where that is heading. I wonder if that is somehow related to the Minotaur?

Jessica is starting to become more interesting as well.

Last edited by burn_baby_burn; 06-29-2009 at 09:17 AM.
burn_baby_burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #50
chid
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yeah I was definitely interested in the Jessica sub plot this week, its getting better.

So did LaFayette not become a vampire then? Did they just feed on him and throw him back down in the dungeon?

I am also confused about Marianne and the Minotaur and whether or not they are related, its very odd!

Great episode, they keep getting better.
chid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #51
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Very good episode - two in a row, actually.

I'm definitely becoming more and more of a fan. Lots of longer sustaining story-lines and arcs. Too bad it's taking a week off next week.

Did anyone watch "Hung" after? I thought it was pretty good/funny.
Clever_Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:15 AM   #52
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
G Maybe the Minotaur is a enemy of the Vampires and wanted to kill Sookie to keep her from helping the Vampires.

The storyline around Maryanne is very interesting. I have no idea where that is heading. I wonder if that is somehow related to the Minotaur?
Now I thought either Marianne or her butler was the Minotaur and Sookie was attacked for trying to get Tara to move away from Marianne. I actually thought this was quite obvious, but maybe I'm assuming too much...
Old 06-29-2009, 10:20 AM   #53
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chid View Post
Yeah I was definitely interested in the Jessica sub plot this week, its getting better.

So did LaFayette not become a vampire then? Did they just feed on him and throw him back down in the dungeon?

I am also confused about Marianne and the Minotaur and whether or not they are related, its very odd!

Great episode, they keep getting better.
Lafayette is definitely not a Vampire. When you become a Vampire you would be healed immediately. He looks pretty banged up and weak from getting fed on by three Vampires as well as the gun shot wound.

I found the whole attraction to Jessica a little odd once the guy found out she was a vampire. So far in the show they have shown plenty of females being attracted to male vampires. Aside from Sookies first trip to Fangtasia, I have not noticed any males being attracted to female Vampires without being glamored. One would think that it would be gross since the female Vampire would be ice cold.

I PVR'd Hung but have not watched it yet.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #54
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever_Iggy View Post
Now I thought either Marianne or her butler was the Minotaur and Sookie was attacked for trying to get Tara to move away from Marianne. I actually thought this was quite obvious, but maybe I'm assuming too much...
That could very well be the case. I had actually forgot that Sookie had asked Tara to move in with her. When I first saw the Minotaur I assumed it was a shape shifter. Then I thought, well the shape shifter must touch the being that it is shifting into. With Maryanne, she seems to have all sorts of powers so you never know what she is capable of.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #55
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That could very well be the case. I had actually forgot that Sookie had asked Tara to move in with her. When I first saw the Minotaur I assumed it was a shape shifter. Then I thought, well the shape shifter must touch the being that it is shifting into. With Maryanne, she seems to have all sorts of powers so you never know what she is capable of.
Ya... Maryanne/Marianne seems to be pretty powerful with her ability to control people and the fact that Sam is scared of her (running away). That's why I thought her butler was the Minotaur doing the bidding of Maryanne. But that doesn't really explain the other waitress that went swimming with Sam at the end that has the claw/bite marks...

The Jessica storyline is getting better... I think the attraction between her and that guy was more fueled by desperation than anything - the guy really wants to meet a nice girl and has become accepting of vampires and Jessica wants a "normal" life.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:43 AM   #56
chid
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Jessica is just a young teen as well, she probably loves the attention seeing as she doesn't get much from Bill.

I initially thought the Minotaur was the cook for Marianne but then Daphne (the new waitress at Merlottes) had the same claw marks on her back and that threw me for a loop.
chid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #57
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chid View Post
Jessica is just a young teen as well, she probably loves the attention seeing as she doesn't get much from Bill.

I initially thought the Minotaur was the cook for Marianne but then Daphne (the new waitress at Merlottes) had the same claw marks on her back and that threw me for a loop.
I think Jessica had every intention of feeding untill that guy made her feel speacil.

When the Witch Doctor (or whatever she was) was treating Sookie at Fangtasia she removed something from the wound made by the clawmark from the Minotaur. Maybe that was some sort of seed or something that helps Maryanne control the person. Maryanne could be controling Daphne to keep Sam from running away. Or to control him some how. Daphne shows up out of nowhere just before Sam was about to take off.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:39 AM   #58
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think we are going to find out much about the creature until nearer to the end of the season, they seem to like keeping you wondering.

Has anyone read the books? I am about to start on the first one, I have heard they are pretty good and a nice easy read.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #59
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
Has anyone read the books? I am about to start on the first one, I have heard they are pretty good and a nice easy read.
There are books? Are you sure they're not the Stephanie Meyer series - Twilight et al.?
Old 06-29-2009, 12:52 PM   #60
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever_Iggy View Post
There are books? Are you sure they're not the Stephanie Meyer series - Twilight et al.?

There are 9 books. The first one covers the first season. Apparently they follow the story pretty close on the show. I am just about to start reading the first book.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boblobla For This Useful Post: