Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-14-2020, 12:15 AM   #81
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Has anyone felt that this season which is going on hiatus for a while after tomorrows episode hasn't been about a lot and been kind of meandering.

I mean

The main plot to take down Bobby has been tax fraud around art. The rivaly between Bobby and Mike Prince that fizzled out after Bobby bought the neighbourhood. Wendy is boinking the artist and Bobby is cyber stalking her. Taylor is doing a lets saved the world environmental fund thing. The bank charter thing is really slow, Chuck Rhodes Senior is dying of kidney failure. But there's no real chess match this year. I was expecting a three way battle royal between Chuck, Taylor and Bobby.

Its just been flat.
Its a show they should have wound up in at most the 2nd season
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:50 PM   #82
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
Its a show they should have wound up in at most the 2nd season

no.

Quote:
Has anyone felt that this season which is going on hiatus for a while after tomorrows episode hasn't been about a lot and been kind of meandering.

I mean

The main plot to take down Bobby has been tax fraud around art. The rivaly between Bobby and Mike Prince that fizzled out after Bobby bought the neighbourhood. Wendy is boinking the artist and Bobby is cyber stalking her. Taylor is doing a lets saved the world environmental fund thing. The bank charter thing is really slow, Chuck Rhodes Senior is dying of kidney failure. But there's no real chess match this year. I was expecting a three way battle royal between Chuck, Taylor and Bobby.

Its just been flat.
definitely not as energetic as years past but im still enjoying it. I didn't know they hadn't completed filming yet. which sucks.

it definitely has a different feel, I guess they brought in new directors and writers this year and it's noticeable. Maybe they can learn from part 1 of the season and get their sh*t together and get better.

Last edited by csnarpy; 06-14-2020 at 08:53 PM.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 12:46 AM   #83
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

ok, well that was a much better episode.

Loved the Limitless gone bad part but the ending is a hope that the real battle will begin.

crossing fingers.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:47 PM   #84
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Taylor's story arc has run its course. They were a great character and foil for Axe but now I don't find they have much to do. Same with Wendy.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:58 AM   #85
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
Taylor's story arc has run its course. They were a great character and foil for Axe but now I don't find they have much to do. Same with Wendy.
I don't like that they neutered Taylor's character. They were awesome and probably a huge huge character to have as a lead in a hit series.

I agree this season has a dramatically different feel to it, kinda reminds me of when Suits jumped the shark and became unbearable to watch.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2020, 10:04 AM   #86
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

it's totally 'suits' now.. haha. it sucks but still kinda watch it

edit - i mentioned suits before even reading the response from wastedyouth.. it's accurate!

Last edited by calumniate; 06-17-2020 at 10:06 AM.
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:59 AM   #87
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
I don't like that they neutered Taylor's character. They were awesome and probably a huge huge character to have as a lead in a hit series.

I agree this season has a dramatically different feel to it, kinda reminds me of when Suits jumped the shark and became unbearable to watch.

She's never really resonated with me, maybe because its not a great acting performance. This year Taylor has become the dumbest smart person on TV. I did enjoy when she realized what was happening with the wonder drug. I did laugh at them all taking the pill and then sitting there throwing around the dumbest ideas of all times. It was a bit of levity in a show that's not that funny.

Even Chuck and Bobby have become weirdly 1 dimensional and carboard like. The best characters right now are Wags and Dollar Bill.

It was also bizarre that Bobby was kind of grateful to Taylor for talking him off of a cliff of drug fueled speculation and then loses his mind at a loss on paper because of Mike Prince.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:14 PM   #88
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
She's never really resonated with me, maybe because its not a great acting performance. This year Taylor has become the dumbest smart person on TV. I did enjoy when she realized what was happening with the wonder drug. I did laugh at them all taking the pill and then sitting there throwing around the dumbest ideas of all times. It was a bit of levity in a show that's not that funny.

Even Chuck and Bobby have become weirdly 1 dimensional and carboard like. The best characters right now are Wags and Dollar Bill.

It was also bizarre that Bobby was kind of grateful to Taylor for talking him off of a cliff of drug fueled speculation and then loses his mind at a loss on paper because of Mike Prince.
*they
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2020, 05:42 PM   #89
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally finished watching this show - I feel like the show jumped the shark when chuck was testing the office to see if anyone was a match for his dad.

Will not be watching any more
Old 09-06-2021, 11:35 PM   #90
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well we’re back on.

I seriously don’t remember ever seeing Paul Giamatti without a goatee before. And he’s also included an insane amount of weight loss.

as for the show, it’s still season 5, right where we left off. So happy it’s back!
Old 09-07-2021, 08:11 AM   #91
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mostly still kind of like the show. That episode was decent. It seem like most of the shows I watch are on a long hiatus, so nice to see one back.

Unlike HBO, Showtime does have a habit of letting their shows run well past their expiration date though, and milking every last cent out of them. Weeds, Dexter, Californication and Homeland all started out strong and had several unnecessary seasons.

I even seen that Your Honor is coming back for another season. That show got bad before the season even ended and I don't know how they can justify the convolutedness needed to go beyond the ending.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2021, 08:42 AM   #92
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I mostly still kind of like the show. That episode was decent. It seem like most of the shows I watch are on a long hiatus, so nice to see one back.

Unlike HBO, Showtime does have a habit of letting their shows run well past their expiration date though, and milking every last cent out of them. Weeds, Dexter, Californication and Homeland all started out strong and had several unnecessary seasons.

I even seen that Your Honor is coming back for another season. That show got bad before the season even ended and I don't know how they can justify the convolutedness needed to go beyond the ending.
After suffering through Weeds and Dexter to the end, I gave up on Homeland and now Billions. For Billions it just seems like they're just spinning their wheels. Chuck and Axe try to take each other down for 3 seasons, team up for 1 season, then go back to being Spy vs. Spy, I just got bored with it and gave up
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 08:46 AM   #93
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah when i saw billions was starting up again, I got excited because I mistook it for 'succession'. Billions has def jumped the shark!
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 11:17 PM   #94
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I watched the first two seasons, but at the time my one month free Crave ran out. Is it worth watching season's 3 and 4? I see that they brought John Malkovic in to basically be a Teddy KGB Russin Oligarch...so that intrigues me.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:03 PM   #95
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ I guess seasons 3-4 are alright, but I’d suggest stopping after that as t gets stupid
Old 09-12-2021, 12:09 PM   #96
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
^ I guess seasons 3-4 are alright, but I’d suggest stopping after that as t gets stupid
Pretty subjective. Although the first two seasons are by far the best, the rest are no slouches, I've thoroughly enjoyed the entire show.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:48 PM   #97
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, seriously...come on.

This show is still fun and intriguing. I watch it almost like game of thrones: Seeing where all the chess pieces interact and play their role to expectation (but sometimes not).

Don't take it too seriously. It's still better than 90% of shows out there.

Honestly, I've enjoyed the conundrum of people trying to stick to being good people at this level of power, and how frequently it's easier to slip into bad habits. I like the nuance and areas of grey. I also still love the dialogue and acting. I'll watch it as long as those things hold up.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:31 PM   #98
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

They loved their product placements before but I feel like the last couple of episodes they really upped their game on products.
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 03:23 PM   #99
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

How can a AG trying to buy a kidney from convicts be at all ethical.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:42 PM   #100
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
How can a AG trying to buy a kidney from convicts be at all ethical.
Well, said AG does occasionally struggle with ethics, so...
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote