Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-11-2018, 01:20 PM   #1
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Sportsnet's Calgary Flames Prospect Report (E. Francis)

Not sure if Sportsnet is doing this for all the Canadian (?) teams -- they just posted one on the Oilers as well -- but here is the report on the Flames: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/c...n-not-far-nhl/

Disclaimer: It's a bit of a puff piece by Francis; otherwise I probably would have posted on the main thread...

Quote:
After several years as deadline sellers, Brad Treliving’s goal of restocking the cupboards has resulted in an AHL affiliate in Stockton that is amongst the league’s best.

So deep is the team, it remains third in the Pacific Division despite losing five of its opening day starters to the Flames.

Mark Jankowski, Garnet Hathaway and Andrew Mangiapane, who made up one of the AHL’s hottest lines to start the season, are all up with Flames with the first two playing significant roles.

David Rittich was also called up and his play as the Flames backup netminder has been so steady the club traded away Eddie Lack.

Marek Hrivik was recently summoned by the Flames after posting a point-a-game in the minors.

Yet, there are still several top-notch prospects with the Heat as part of the Flames’ impressive crop of youngsters. What’s more, an impressive six youngsters in the organization played in the world juniors, including two captains, Dillon Dube (Canada) and Juuso Valimaki (Finland), and three medalists, including Dube, Linus Lindstrom (Sweden) and American Adam Fox.

A look at the Flames top prospects by league:

Last edited by tvp2003; 01-11-2018 at 01:22 PM.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #2
SeanCharles
First Line Centre

Exp:

My favourite part of the article is how many times he says we should expect to see this prospect in Calgary in a couple or a few seasons time...

No mention of Houston.
SeanCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:18 PM   #3
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCharles View Post
No mention of Houston.
I guess he didn't get an envelope slipped under his door this week.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post: