Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2018, 06:43 PM   #801
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hornets draft the Kid the Raps wanted, traded him to Clippers immediately. Can the Clippers trade him to T.O?
Old 06-21-2018, 06:44 PM   #802
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can’t wait to find out what D league player the raptors sign at the end of the draft. Masai is all talk but a low risk chicken #### GM. Can’t wait to watch the brick bros choke once again. He’ll probably give another bench player a 40 mill contract tho

Last edited by Beninho; 06-21-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:45 PM   #803
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Actually I think Masai has a good pair of balls to make big deals. Certainly they couldn't pull the trigger, but the pressure is on him and at some point this off-season he'll have to make some moves. When he inherited the roster from Colangelo and they were under performing, there were a couple moves he made that even took him by surprise and they had to go down today's path to test it out. It wasn't a complete failure as they were afterall #1 in their conference. It just obviously wasn't a championship roster. I'm sure he'll work on something large because there's no way MLSE is demanding results given the way the Leafs have been performing as well.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:57 PM   #804
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Actually I think Masai has a good pair of balls to make big deals. Certainly they couldn't pull the trigger, but the pressure is on him and at some point this off-season he'll have to make some moves. When he inherited the roster from Colangelo and they were under performing, there were a couple moves he made that even took him by surprise and they had to go down today's path to test it out. It wasn't a complete failure as they were afterall #1 in their conference. It just obviously wasn't a championship roster. I'm sure he'll work on something large because there's no way MLSE is demanding results given the way the Leafs have been performing as well.
Raptors won’t do anything big, will hope Lebron leaves the conference and try for a 60 win season and then lose to the Celtics or Sixers. Reports saying every player was available is a joke, Masai has no balls to trade Demar or Kyle. He will continue getting MLSE their playoff revenue money and sell fans on this false hope. Raptors are the Hawks 2.0 and aren’t gonna win a god damn thing
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:40 AM   #805
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

What "big" is there to do? What the Nets did a few years ago when they were trying to get to the next level? I think we all know how that worked out. Sometimes you just gotta take your medicine, making desperate trades just to "do something big" is how you end up setting your franchise back a decade. They are simply stuck, gotta hope a contender or near contender gets some injury and that opens up the windows to trade. But the Raps are in a position of weakness with everyone but DeMar, so there's no point to taking $0.20 on the dollar simply to do it.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:59 PM   #806
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Casey wins coach of the year. Ironically the last coach to do so after being fired was George Karl....who was fired by Masai as well.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:20 AM   #807
pria(kin)16
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Can’t wait to find out what D league player the raptors sign at the end of the draft.
You mean like 6th man of the year finalist FVV? Undrafted players that end up in the D league is not a bad thing. I'm actually excited that they signed Rawle Alkins. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being an NBA player, even if its just as a rotation guy, that is found money.

Other than Bruno, Raps have done quite well drafting late and with undrafted FA. They got OG at 23, Wright at 20, Siakam at 27. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a team doing better out of the lottery in the last 5 years.

I'm more concerned about Ibaka and what the Raps might have to give up just to dump him.
pria(kin)16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:24 PM   #808
Hockey Fan #751
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

For those who know basketball more than I do, what's the point of trading a prospect immediately after drafting him? Why not just trade the pick? You'd never see that in hockey.
Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:10 PM   #809
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post
For those who know basketball more than I do, what's the point of trading a prospect immediately after drafting him? Why not just trade the pick? You'd never see that in hockey.
There's some weird timing regarding the draft: after 2pm on draft day, teams cannot trade draft picks, only players. (I'm not sure what the reason for this is). So as the draft is unfolding and two teams want to trade draft picks, they need to draft the players with their own picks and then trade them. If a team is trading a draft pick for a current player (or other non-draft asset like cash considerations), then this can be announced pretty-much as the player is drafted. But if the trade involves two drafted players, it has to wait until both players are drafted.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2018, 10:47 PM   #810
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

June 30, 2017: why would OKC trade for Paul George when he’s going to the Lakers?

June 30, 2018: Say, what?

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:45 PM   #811
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fred Van Vleet 2 years, $18M. I am a Raptors fan for two more years, along with the Knicks (Baker) and Sixers (Shamet)...but mostly Toronto.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...917934081?s=19

Last edited by Displaced Flames fan; 07-01-2018 at 04:18 PM.
Displaced Flames fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:18 PM   #812
DAN0383
Scoring Winger

Exp:

And...... LeBron signs with the Lakers for 4 years. $38.5M/per.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:35 PM   #813
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Staying in the east with the Sixers would have been smarter for a title chance but I think that this has more to do with life after basketball for Lebron
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:35 PM   #814
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN0383 View Post
And...... LeBron signs with the Lakers for 4 years. $38.5M/per.
He was tired of losing to the Warriors in the Finals so he decided to remedy that by signing with the Lakers and losing to them earlier in the playoffs. Idiot. lol

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2018, 06:46 PM   #815
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

So no doubt they land Kawhi. Well good luck Lakers, never liked that franchise. Big LeBron fan for sure, guess the guy wants to live in SoCal.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:48 PM   #816
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

ah crap now i have to like Lebron?
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:28 PM   #817
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I’m in LA and people are happy - although they had a feeling all along this is how it would work out.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:48 PM   #818
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is his retirement contract Im sure of it. It'll be interesting to see what they're going to do to help LBJ.

good day for Toronto though. one less team to worry about.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:59 PM   #819
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
ah crap now i have to like Lebron?

Haha. I have to like the Lakers now?
Hockey is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2018, 12:23 AM   #820
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
So no doubt they land Kawhi. Well good luck Lakers, never liked that franchise. Big LeBron fan for sure, guess the guy wants to live in SoCal.
Just like there was no doubt they were landing Paul George this time last year. The funny thing is without landing Kawhi, they might be the fourth best team in the West at best. Certainly Houston and Golden State are far ahead of the Lakers even with LeBron. Now watch the Warriors trade Klay to the Spurs for Kawhi just for LOLs.

Tags
fire them all , i'm better than ibaka , kawhi so serious? , lebronto , time to go nuclear