Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2020, 06:31 AM   #201
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Captain gets CRUNCHED and loses both Parvati and Sandra. transplant and Bigtmac19 also take their first hits.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:40 AM   #202
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Its funny watching this game because you realize with some of the former winners, they're just not the same players.

Parv when she won was brilliant, ruthless and extremely aggressive, and she formed the Black Widow Society and pounded her way to the win. The Parv we got was pretty tentative, quiet, not aggressive, and indecisive.

I kept waiting for her to pay Wendell and stir up the game. But she didn't. Amber the same things. In her game she was so socially aware, good at playing people off of each other and showed that she was very smart socially. This time she never got into the game.

I don't think Sandra was the same player at all. When she won she was brutally good at imposing her win and she was vindictive as hell. Instead outside of one conversation, she was on the outside looking in, and she got so arrogant tonight in her move that she never figured she's get screwed.

Most of the good winners, in the past always had a game within a game and a great secondary move or plot going.

Denise's move was breath takingly brilliant, but at best now she's got a 2 to 2 deadlock in her tribe, and she's suddenly the biggest target in that group. I give her credit for staying alive and getting rid of a huge target. But at the same time, she's now a huge threat in that group.

I think I get it with the new game, now it took me some time to figure it out, but its so scrambly now, I think that the right word. Nobody is a super strong controller socially or strategically. When Amber won, and especially when Richard won, you could see how they kept control of their alliances, and always had a ejection play in battery when they needed it.

I think if you eliminated the Idols that the new players get, things would be different, the Idol play has definitely changed the game dynamics. Denise wouldn't have had that "out" and Sandra would still be playing.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:46 AM   #203
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yul is one of my picks, but he seems totally invisible, so I'm going to assume he gets cut soon.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:40 PM   #204
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Yul is one of my picks, but he seems totally invisible, so I'm going to assume he gets cut soon.
Yul is my pick to win it all.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:58 PM   #205
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm a little surprised to see Sandra quit outright, but I guess it makes sense. She is pretty useless in challenges (she must hold the sit-out record by now, too) so if you are so sure, why sit around on an island trekking around for a handful of rice. Kinda makes sense.

I am also surprised to see Yul voted out. I was thinking that they'd go Wendell. I have to wonder if Michelle's holding more of a flame for him than she's letting on.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:00 PM   #206
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ugh hated tonight's vote. Was pulling for Yul more than anyone else. I guess he was way too threatening strategically for Nick and Michele to keep.

All of the old-school players gone, damn.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:08 PM   #207
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I don't even have Yul in this pool and I was pulling for him. Very likeable guy, which is why it might have been smart to cut him loose. Not sure if it was a great move for Michelle and Nick though, they know the merge is any day, I would have thought Yul would be much more open to working together, I think at the merge Wendell is a total wild card and will be more than willing to vote one of those two out. Not sure I agree with their voting.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 11:51 PM   #208
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Michele is that stupid girl who keeps going back to a guy even though he treats her like ####...she really isn't doing a good job of changing her reputation as an undeserving winner IMO
Old 03-26-2020, 06:43 AM   #209
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

As soon as they lost that challenge I knew Yul was done for. Those other 3 are so dopey. It probably wasn't a great move to suggest the fire token gambit, but he was doing it so Michelle felt better about the move. It would have been a good move for her, and showed the jury she could strategize and make big moves, even against her ex. Now she just looks like his stooge.

I almost barfed at the end when she went and scruffed up Wendell's beard. Like, WTF? You talk about how much you dislike him, can't trust him, were burned by him, and then you go all playful affection? Get it together.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 06:45 AM   #210
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

YES! I felt the same.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:13 AM   #211
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just so "Yul" know, I took my first hit and Fuzz got the boot!

Last edited by Cheese; 03-26-2020 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:28 AM   #212
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stupid boot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 08:00 AM   #213
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Rob is still the best player this game has ever seen and its not close, and thats why hes on extinction. Hes the GOAT of survivor
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:48 AM   #214
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

No surprise that Sandra would bail, she knows there's very little chance of her getting back into the game. She really had coasted in this game anyways and Rob's reaction to her strategy was right on.

Yul had everything and then he had to push it beyond the pale. He had his votes, they had a consensus elimination and then Yul decided to go for broke at the wrong time and got himself cut. just a stupid move.

Its going to be an interesting merger, those fire tokens have to gain some kind of value now.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 12:42 PM   #215
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is that the last time we'll ever see Sandra on Suvivor? The queen going out like that...

I wonder if season 50 will be a "legends" season? Richard has to come back at some point, even with the issues with him and Probst the ratings would be huge! Bring back Russell, Rupert, Rob, Sandra, Pavarti, and 14 other "legends". I could see it happening to give them all one last chance.
trackercowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:56 PM   #216
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Is that the last time we'll ever see Sandra on Suvivor? The queen going out like that...

I wonder if season 50 will be a "legends" season? Richard has to come back at some point, even with the issues with him and Probst the ratings would be huge! Bring back Russell, Rupert, Rob, Sandra, Pavarti, and 14 other "legends". I could see it happening to give them all one last chance.

I expect that she won't be back, I think it hit her that she's physically not capable anymore, and give her a few days and she's tell everyone that she really didn't feel it strategy wise this time around.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:06 PM   #217
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Michele is a dumb dumb but voting out Yul was the right move as he's the most dangerous.

I hate small group tribes, I think it makes the game unfair, as it removes a huge element of the long social game and reduces some players entire games to a single vote 1 in 4 or 5 vote.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 05:47 PM   #218
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_12 View Post
Rob is still the best player this game has ever seen and its not close, and thats why hes on extinction. Hes the GOAT of survivor
I think he is over rated...1 win in 5 times played? Good but not the best let alone not even close.

Whoever wins this season certainly has a case
Old 03-26-2020, 09:00 PM   #219
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
I think he is over rated...1 win in 5 times played? Good but not the best let alone not even close.

Whoever wins this season certainly has a case
This season is odd, because they are knifing threats faster than normal. I think Tony is short for this world after the merge. The "weaker" players who have won are smart enough to know who not to keep, it a typical season you would have seen very different votes at allot of these tribals.

quotes on weaker, because as denise showed, you shouldn't underestimate any of these people, they have all won. But I think someone lower in the pecking order like Sarah slides to victory because showing any quality of smarts, skill or strategy is gonna get you axed.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:48 PM   #220
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
This season is odd, because they are knifing threats faster than normal. I think Tony is short for this world after the merge. The "weaker" players who have won are smart enough to know who not to keep, it a typical season you would have seen very different votes at allot of these tribals.

quotes on weaker, because as denise showed, you shouldn't underestimate any of these people, they have all won. But I think someone lower in the pecking order like Sarah slides to victory because showing any quality of smarts, skill or strategy is gonna get you axed.

meanwhile, i think cause Tony is sneakily playing out of his norm, albeit on purpose, makes it to the end and is a real threat. He's proving to be more versatile and is not showing his intentions to others. That, imo, was Yul's downfall. He is was/is very strategic but he could not help himself and openly showed how dangerous he really is. Thus gets the boot. Tony gets it, Yul doesn't. Yul is gone.

On the other hand, had Red lost that challenge, i have no doubt that Tony was gone. lol. He was lucky the merge happened.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote