Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2024, 07:18 PM   #41
Chingas
First Line Centre

Exp:

I wonder if the refs could keep tacking delay of game penalties on until he leaves the bench? At that point a 5 minute major for delay of game is in order.

Like the refs or not. Pretty much always not, you can't defy thier orders it makes for an even greater mockery of the game.
Old 03-10-2024, 08:19 PM   #42
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingas View Post
I wonder if the refs could keep tacking delay of game penalties on until he leaves the bench? At that point a 5 minute major for delay of game is in order.

Like the refs or not. Pretty much always not, you can't defy thier orders it makes for an even greater mockery of the game.
There is no such thing.

However there is nothing to prevent them from giving out multiple delay of game minors though as far as i know.

Had that display gone on much longer though, im guessing Torts would have been getting a call on the bench from his boss on a 3 way chat with the league office.
Old 03-10-2024, 08:21 PM   #43
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dude's going to have a heart attack on the bench.
Old 03-10-2024, 08:23 PM   #44
Backstop
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Apply the rules equally to both teams on the ice and this doesn't happen.
Backstop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Backstop For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2024, 08:50 PM   #45
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

The NHL doesn’t have any integrity and Torts should know this by now. I get the frustration but nothings changing until Bettman and friends move on.

The refs should be audited and or evaluated somehow with results made public. At least pretend there is some integrity in the officials and officiating and that this isn’t some WWE cosplay like it appears to be some nights. Especially crazy the way the league is officiated to me when sports gambling is continuing to grow and be so intricately involved. Just too much money at stake to have such pre-determined outcomes in officiating, and so to have zero accountability for officials or officiating really makes you wonder what is actually going on.

Is this hockey or more like a fixed game show?
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2024, 10:01 PM   #46
Chingas
First Line Centre

Exp:
Icon34

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
There is no such thing.

However there is nothing to prevent them from giving out multiple delay of game minors though as far as i know.

Had that display gone on much longer though, im guessing Torts would have been getting a call on the bench from his boss on a 3 way chat with the league office.
I understand that there is no such thing, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it added at some time in the future. It'll be the Torts rule.
Old 03-11-2024, 12:01 AM   #47
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

[QUOTE=Chingas;9028313]I understand that there is no such thing, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it added at some time in the future. It'll be the Torts rule.[/QUOTE]

Tort law.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2024, 12:12 AM   #48
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Man needs to control his self righteousness already. Always fuming about some slight or unfair treatment that is the biggest offense that has ever happened to anyone.
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 07:27 AM   #49
renny
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
Man needs to control his self righteousness already. Always fuming about some slight or unfair treatment that is the biggest offense that has ever happened to anyone.
Say what you will about him... I'd play my heart out for a coach like him. I think a lot of players that played for him would also agree.

renny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to renny For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2024, 12:02 PM   #50
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
I think of him as what Jack Edwards would have become as a coach instead of a broadcaster.
Rick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 12:36 PM   #51
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hold referees accountable for the calls they make and give them the same scrutiny as the players playing the game. Each referee should be publicly graded by an NHL person/department and have to answer to the media/public the way players are.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2024, 02:23 PM   #52
Redrum
First Line Centre

Exp:

50000 for yelling at a guy that deserves it. 5000 max for surprise assault.
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Redrum For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2024, 10:30 PM   #53
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
50000 for yelling at a guy that deserves it. 5000 max for surprise assault.
Union rules.

The officials' union exists to protect the officials from any form of accountability. If anybody crosses them, they all down tools and walk. It's happened before.

The NHLPA exists to protect goons from the consequences of physically wrecking their fellow union members. If anybody crosses them, they file a grievance, which goes nowhere. Then the issue goes away until the next round of CBA negotiations, at which point the PA forgets everything but the Benjamins.