Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2024, 02:44 PM   #441
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Update on Sora (which is currently being pitched to Hollywood)...

https://openai.com/blog/sora-first-impressions

Geez
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 02:54 PM   #442
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
We have gained valuable feedback from the creative community, helping us to improve our model.

It's like training your oversees replacement worker, right before they take all your work from you.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 07:27 AM   #443
Leeman4Gilmour
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
Update on Sora (which is currently being pitched to Hollywood)...

https://openai.com/blog/sora-first-impressions

Geez
Already seemed to have fixed the hand issue. Crazy ####e.
Leeman4Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:23 AM   #444
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

There was a Reddit thread (I know, I know) estimating the amount of compute potentially required for Sora, and the guess they arrived at was it might need its own nuclear power plant lol.

If you listen to a few of the higher-up AI people like Sam Altman, they seem to all suggest the next great battle will be for energy. It's likely our tools will quickly outgrow the available power to run them.

I feel like Alberta is ripe for nuclear. No fault lines, no tsunamis... I say we go full Springfield.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 08:36 AM   #445
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's getting better at this

https://twitter.com/user/status/1773001883046572340
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 10:09 AM   #446
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

The deepfakes are getting incredibly good... although I feel the Argil.ai ones are leveraging existing videos and using AI for the voice match and lip syncing. Lip syncing is getting insane. Regardless of how it's done, this could probably get out of hand real quick (although it'll be great for movie dubbing).

https://twitter.com/historyinmemes/s...07341735174347

Last edited by Russic; 03-28-2024 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-02-2024, 09:02 PM   #447
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 08:20 AM   #448
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Udio (Suno competitor) has launched, and I feel like the recording industry is going to have puppies. They literally use lyrics from House of the Rising Sun in their marketing. The voices sound incredibly good so far, but I've only dug in a little. Accounts are free for the beta period, and you can make 1200 songs/month. I'm currently trying to create something, but I have a feeling the site is getting demolished by user traffic.

Udio is potentially more legally problematic that Suno in that apparently you can add artists to your prompt and get that style. It feels as though we're not far off from being able to take that band you love that went in that weird direction (that you didn't love), and create the album you never got. That's... I don't know what I think about that.

The AI is positively bonkers right now. Products like Suno launch and then have "Suno-killers" launching 3 weeks later.

https://www.udio.com/

Last edited by Russic; 04-10-2024 at 08:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2024, 04:47 PM   #449
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Udio (Suno competitor) has launched, and I feel like the recording industry is going to have puppies. They literally use lyrics from House of the Rising Sun in their marketing. The voices sound incredibly good so far, but I've only dug in a little. Accounts are free for the beta period, and you can make 1200 songs/month. I'm currently trying to create something, but I have a feeling the site is getting demolished by user traffic.

Udio is potentially more legally problematic that Suno in that apparently you can add artists to your prompt and get that style. It feels as though we're not far off from being able to take that band you love that went in that weird direction (that you didn't love), and create the album you never got. That's... I don't know what I think about that.

The AI is positively bonkers right now. Products like Suno launch and then have "Suno-killers" launching 3 weeks later.

https://www.udio.com/
Goodbye streaming services. Right now you can upload songs to all the services with no specific quality validation. Imagine bots creating and uploading thousands of songs a day then spamming social media in the hope that one catches on and makes a ton of money. I imagine the streaming services will need to crack down on this somehow.
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 08:27 AM   #450
Leeman4Gilmour
First Line Centre

Exp:

I ponder to myself if there's an "arms race" to get to AGI first between global governments no one is talking about.
Leeman4Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:22 AM   #451
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
Goodbye streaming services. Right now you can upload songs to all the services with no specific quality validation. Imagine bots creating and uploading thousands of songs a day then spamming social media in the hope that one catches on and makes a ton of money. I imagine the streaming services will need to crack down on this somehow.
At some point I think we simply drown in all the content. Or the idea that there's a general pool of content we all pull from becomes a thing of the past. The only pool we draw from is ours, and every book/song/show we consume is generated for us specifically.

I love music, but throughout my day I more of less listen to the same 7 hour long movie score orchestral soundtrack playlist over and over again. I'm rarely even aware it's going, it just locks my mind into a focused groove.

I was playing around with making that type of music in Udio yesterday, and it's to the point I could probably listen to it all day long and it would likely do what I need. If we could get it to a place where it could create a 2 minute loop in under 2 minutes, it could conceivably run all day and I'd barely notice it was always a few seconds ahead of me.

This isn't an ideal direction for music mind you, but it's a use case that would serve me specifically.
Old 04-13-2024, 09:35 PM   #452
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

nm

Last edited by jayswin; 04-13-2024 at 09:39 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 11:04 PM   #453
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Found this interesting, book written with the help of AI but edited by a person granted a kind of copyright:

"The USCO’s notice granting Shupe copyright registration of her book does not recognize her as author of the whole text as is conventional for written works. Instead she is considered the author of the “selection, coordination, and arrangement of text generated by artificial intelligence.” This means no one can copy the book without permission, but the actual sentences and paragraphs themselves are not copyrighted and could theoretically be rearranged and republished as a different book."

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-with-a-twist/
Old 04-19-2024, 09:21 AM   #454
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Found this interesting, book written with the help of AI but edited by a person granted a kind of copyright:

"The USCO’s notice granting Shupe copyright registration of her book does not recognize her as author of the whole text as is conventional for written works. Instead she is considered the author of the “selection, coordination, and arrangement of text generated by artificial intelligence.” This means no one can copy the book without permission, but the actual sentences and paragraphs themselves are not copyrighted and could theoretically be rearranged and republished as a different book."

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-with-a-twist/
Waht wulod hppaen, I wdoner, if you jsut rarernage the ltetres of the wrods lkie tihs?
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2024, 10:16 AM   #455
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Is there a free AI tool that can sing text to song? We had chat GPT make up a song for a departing co-worker, but no one brave enough to try to sing it
Old 04-23-2024, 10:20 AM   #456
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Suno has a custom mode where you can enter in lyrics.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2024, 10:37 AM   #457
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Suno has a custom mode where you can enter in lyrics.
Udio can also take custom lyrics.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:

Tags
they will overtake us